• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp Battles

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that FA and the Draft are over and it looks like our depth chart is starting to take form what Camp Battles are you looking most forward to? I don't think there will be many spots open but there definitely are a few intriguing positions in my opinion.

The top one for me is OL. We have 2 possibly 3 positions with no idea of who the starter will be. LG, RT, and possibly C are all question marks in my opinion. I do think Ramirez will start again at Center but the other 2 spots are fair game. I do think Franklin will be starting at one or the other but I do not think it is a foregone conclusion that he is going to be moved to LG and even if he is I don't think Clark has it wrapped up to start at RT. Honestly to me this will be the surprise starter of the season for us in Vinston Painter. This kid tested off the charts athletically but needed time to develop the technical side of his game. From what I understand he stayed after in almost every practice to work one-on-one with our OL coaches. This kid has the drive to want to start and I think it will happen. I also think people will be very impressed especially in the run game how much this kid just blows people away.

crush7k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about Vinston Painter. His workout numbers were pretty good: 6'4'' | 306lbs | 4.90 - 40 | 32 bench. That's probably why SF was interested in signing him, b/c of the upside. He was projected to go higher than the 6th round where the team drafted him. That would be great if he became a viable part of that o-line, b/c who knows if the team will re-sign Orlando Franklin next off-season, or if Chris Clark plays well.

The team definitely needs the o-line to be a strength come playoff time to pass protect and run the ball against the more physical teams.