• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Mac steals the gig from Cam in training camp, starts game one and never looks back.

Unlikely scenario but I'm going with it.

Last I heard "reports" were that he wasn't doing that great but Stidham was... Now I only think that's BBs way of trying to get something for Stiddy

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard "reports" were that he wasn't doing that great but Stidham was... Now I only think that's BBs way of trying to get something for Stiddy

Unless I'm missing something I saw a few reports that said Stidham outshined Mac for one practice. You are very likely right abut BB trying to up his value. I also saw reports where they were saying McDaniels was giddy over Mac.

It's the Pats. We won't know until kickoff 2021.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I'm missing something I saw a few reports that said Stidham outshined Mac for one practice. You are very likely right abut BB trying to up his value. I also saw reports where they were saying McDaniels was giddy over Mac.

It's the Pats. We won't know until kickoff 2021.

Truth is we will never know the true story and it will change from day to day heck hour by hour

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2

For Newton, Tuesday was tough. He struggled to throw the ball downfield, having success with shorter throws. The veteran also struggled with his accuracy. Newton should’ve been intercepted twice, but Mills dropped one. Kyle Dugger intercepted Newton in 7-on-7s on an overthrown ball to Kendrick Bourne.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2

For Newton, Tuesday was tough. He struggled to throw the ball downfield, having success with shorter throws. The veteran also struggled with his accuracy. Newton should’ve been intercepted twice, but Mills dropped one. Kyle Dugger intercepted Newton in 7-on-7s on an overthrown ball to Kendrick Bourne.
Does anyone in this board watch any Patriots mini camp film on TV? It wasn't tough for Newton, he SUCKED out loud. I saw at least nine different passes and he wasn't even close on most every one. We're talking four or five feet over, six feet short, six feet in front. Some were so bad that the WR couldn't touch the ball with a full body dive and extension. BB should sit down with him and explain that there are High School kids with more accuracy and power that Cam has displayed and that it's time to call it a career. We're talking zero defense in his face and the guy can't make a simple 25 yard throw. Sorry I you're a Cam lover, but his time is past and he's wasting a roster spot.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone in this board watch any Patriots mini camp film on TV? It wasn't tough for Newton, he SUCKED out loud. I saw at least nine different passes and he wasn't even close on most every one. We're talking four or five feet over, six feet short, six feet in front. Some were so bad that the WR couldn't touch the ball with a full body dive and extension. BB should sit down with him and explain that there are High School kids with more accuracy and power that Cam has displayed and that it's time to call it a career. We're talking zero defense in his face and the guy can't make a simple 25 yard throw. Sorry I you're a Cam lover, but his time is past and he's wasting a roster spot.

His salary is the only thing keeping him here correct? I mean it's only like $1-2 million correct?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. We're talking zero defense in his face and the guy can't make a simple 25 yard throw. Sorry I you're a Cam lover, but his time is past and he's wasting a roster spot.
I hope you are not talking about me?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question is how did an NFL MVP and NFC Champion QB become that bad?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happens to a lot of mobile QBs. Early on they rely on their legs to save them and create more time, as NFL defenses figure them out they decline because they never learned to work the pocket effectively. Brady is the best pocket QB i have ever seen and he should be the QB people study when it comes to that aspect of the game

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulder injury.
He does not have smooth, pain free full range of motion in his throwing arm so he tries to make up for it by powering through with his core muscles.
Not a good way to throw a ball.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulder injury.
He does not have smooth, pain free full range of motion in his throwing arm so he tries to make up for it by powering through with his core muscles.
Not a good way to throw a ball.
From what I watched yesterday a Pop Warner QB has far better accuracy than Cam.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I watched yesterday a Pop Warner QB has far better accuracy than Cam.
Next time you want to throw a ball go outside and throw a ball normally.
Then try and hold your arm bent with your hand near your ear. Lean way back and then try to throw the ball using only your abdominal muscles.
Cam is somewhere in between normal and that.
Closer to that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't buy into the "Cam Turned it Around" bs from Wednesday. There are no 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 videos. Those were not allowed to be taped. The only QB throws available were at the 10 yard line to the back of the end zone. Red Zone passing drills. We're talking 20 yards or less and everyone looked good because the only defense was a coach with a pad..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder how Comfy BB would be starting a rookie QB.