• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''I talked to Coach Saban and every year they always have a lot of players in the draft," Belichick "Coach Saban is always very helpful in his evaluations. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him professionally but also personally. He does a good job of projecting what they'll be like on this level because he's been on this level and he knows the demands. Whether it's evaluating players, scheming or anything related to football there's no one I'd rather talk to then Nick."
I take that as you always need to listen to Bill.
Sometimes he will tell the truth, flat out with not a word minced, and others he will tell riddles with the best of them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam had better show a lot of improvement, but I am with BK BB say's shit just to have the media go into a tail spin. I will say this BB will do what's best for the team. My Pats Pecking order to start.

Cam
Stid
Jones

Stid may steal that spot but I am unsure BB will start a rookie QB unless forced to.
I don't want Jones or Rodgers.
I don't want the Patriots to start Jones (yet)
I want a ll QB's to compete and Cam to sart this year better than last/

I want Stidham or Jones to take the starting job from Cam!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take that as you always need to listen to Bill.
Sometimes he will tell the truth, flat out with not a word minced, and others he will tell riddles with the best of them.

You will never truly know how BB feels about someone, not even himself

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never truly know how BB feels about someone, not even himself
Not true. Though certainly he plays with cards practically glue to his vest. There are glimpses where he shares feelings and and offers true praise. And he shows a lot through his actions...

Anyone here need to guess what his feelings towards Mangini are?

How about when comments were made by an opposing player about how the Pats players have "no fun". Then after beating that guy's team made the remark "The players really seemed to be having fun out there today".

Love to here others favorite BB comments that showed his true feelings...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Though certainly he plays with cards practically glue to his vest. There are glimpses where he shares feelings and and offers true praise. And he shows a lot through his actions...

Anyone here need to guess what his feelings towards Mangini are?

How about when comments were made by an opposing player about how the Pats players have "no fun". Then after beating that guy's team made the remark "The players really seemed to be having fun out there today".

Love to here others favorite BB comments that showed his true feelings...

When Bill was talking about Willie McGinnest after he was in inducted into the Pats HOF he said "he really killed the Colts".

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on whether Cam learns how to throw the football at the NFL level again. He was terrible last year. I never saw so many bad ints right into the defense's hands from supposedly a good QB. He's better than that or should be.

I think Belichick would like Jones to get some coaching time before throwing him into the fire but it depends on Newton.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on whether Cam learns how to throw the football at the NFL level again. He was terrible last year. I never saw so many bad ints right into the defense's hands from supposedly a good QB. He's better than that or should be.

I think Belichick would like Jones to get some coaching time before throwing him into the fire but it depends on Newton.
Definitely a problem with his mechanics. Can they fix that time will tell. Scouts say Jones was the most NFL ready, let's see.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a problem with his mechanics. Can they fix that time will tell. Scouts say Jones was the most NFL ready, let's see.

Can they (in one OTA) fix Cams mechanics? I highly doubt it...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sure hope so. Some of his interceptions last year were so bad as to be mind boggling. Maybe the new Tight ends Belichick got in the off-season will help. But it's good to have a decent QB waiting on the sidelines.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the quote was "See my signature for $1,000 Alex", not that you were directing us to your signature for the comment... It definitely qualifies.
Yeah, your stuff a rabbit up my ass just to impress someone by pulling a rabbit out of my ass has been retired, but never forgotten.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Bill has given the coaching staff very strict orders when commenting to the media about the offense.

"EVERYONE IS COMPETING FOR A JOB"

Josh did his absolute best not to break the rules but the underlying excitement he has for Mac Jones is undeniable. Jones will be able to run a pro offense and Cam will not. From all of the reports and film, Cam cannot throw the ball 45 yards and get it anywhere near a 50 gallon rubber trash can. I mean he can't get a ball within 10 yards. Jones planted 4 of 10 in the bucket and hit the bucket with the other 6. Power and accuracy. Cam may have done some work during the winter but from the film, it isn't anywhere near enough. There could be some sparks in the coaches meetings if Bill continues to put Cam first with the starting offense. That will be going against all of his own "Best for the team" mantra.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Bill has given the coaching staff very strict orders when commenting to the media about the offense.

Josh did his absolute best not to break the rules but the underlying excitement he has for Mac Jones is undeniable. Jones will be able to run a pro offense and Cam will not. From all of the reports and film, Cam cannot throw the ball 45 yards and get it anywhere near a 50 gallon rubber trash can. I mean he can't get a ball within 10 yards. Jones planted 4 of 10 in the bucket and hit the bucket with the other 6. Power and accuracy. Cam may have done some work during the winter but from the film, it isn't anywhere near enough. There could be some sparks in the coaches meetings if Bill continues to put Cam first with the starting offense. That will be going against all of his own "Best for the team" mantra.
And Stiddy?
Hoyer?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would NOT read into that. That's always Bill's message. He wants everyone competing 100% without feeling like either an automatic starter or automatic cut.