• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Patriots QB-1 throw some passes in camp!

Bases on those videos we won't have to worry about him throwing it in the dirt like Cam does.
These fans are the same fans that stare into a fire for hours and are in awe of the experience. Each 20 yard completed pass to an uncovered receiver with no rush drew cheers from the fire watchers.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These fans are the same fans that stare into a fire for hours and are in awe of the experience. Each 20 yard completed pass to an uncovered receiver with no rush drew cheers from the fire watchers.

What I meant though is that he threw pretty high in each vid and that the receiver had to reach to get it. I guess that's a good thing because it means the defender likely can't get it. Hope that's by design.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, yes and I wish I was there cheering like mad but here I am.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant though is that he threw pretty high in each vid and that the receiver had to reach to get it. I guess that's a good thing because it means the defender likely can't get it. Hope that's by design.
Probably is a lot of Red Zone balls are jump balls. TB12 was or is a master of that low throw but really only does to protect the receiver. That takes years of exp

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really what we know is BB is not comfortable with Stidham, he brought in Cam then refused to try Stidham when Cam was horrible, then he drafted Mack. Why does not matter anymore seems Stdiham is done in NE
"It seems as if he could remain sidelined for quite some time. According to a report by The Athletic’s Jeff Howe, Stidham “has been experiencing pain in his right shoulder and back while throwing the football” and that surgery might be an option for the 24-year-old.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did beat out a broken down Cam Newton but was never given an opportunity. His one game was against the Chiefs and hoyer put him up against the wall. That and the team sucked around him. This is where BB's ego got the best of him or his adoration for a QB that everyone in world could see was out of his depth.

AND we're getting right back to the 'bend down and kiss Bill's ass' mentality. One of the four QBs will be gone by September. Ain't gonna be Mac. Hoyer is the solid practice QB who will be the opposing QB. That leaves Cam and Stid. Mac will need a back up if he takes over and Bill will want Cam's experience and not Stidham's arm. It's Catch 22. Bill will not allow Stidham to become successful and end up embarrassing him.

What's 'Best for the Team' is pure bullshit. It's what Bill thinks is best for him and his legacy.

Sorry guys, I'm taking off the Red, White and Blue glasses and putting on my prescription eyewear. Cam cannot play at the level required. Mac is a rookie and needs some grooming. Stid has three years of experience and knows the system and has the tools. Hoyer is fodder. The real competition should be between Mac and Stid. It'll never happen.
Stidham’s mysterious injury — there are indications this has been bothering him for a while, dating back to last training camp (there’s optimism for his future once he finally gets 100 percent right on the health front)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham’s mysterious injury — there are indications this has been bothering him for a while, dating back to last training camp (there’s optimism for his future once he finally gets 100 percent right on the health front)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at the point where I am washing my hand of all the Stdiham drama. It's obvious Cam or Mac will be the man, it's obvious Stidham won't get a real shot here. At this point I feel the only way he can bring any value is through trade, take the 4th and let it go.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at the point where I am washing my hand of all the Stdiham drama. It's obvious Cam or Mac will be the man, it's obvious Stidham won't get a real shot here. At this point I feel the only way he can bring any value is through trade, take the 4th and let it go.
You seem to have let the bullshit and conjecture get to you. That does not seem like you.
There is a big difference between resignation and acceptance.
Why not just accept that we don't get a lot of info from Patriots?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to have let the bullshit and conjecture get to you. That does not seem like you.
There is a big difference between resignation and acceptance.
Why not just accept that we don't get a lot of info from Patriots?
I disagree fully. No QB comes into the league wanting to be a career back up, they all seek a starting role. BB just signed arguably the most NFL ready QB with the 15th pick in the NFL draft. Stidham never really got any serious reps and sooner or later that rookie contract will be up. The only value I see in him at this point is trade value, and the best i think we can hope for after this surgery is a 4th. No BS getting to me at all, this just seems the logical and very BB like approach.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree fully. No QB comes into the league wanting to be a career back up, they all seek a starting role. BB just signed arguably the most NFL ready QB with the 15th pick in the NFL draft. Stidham never really got any serious reps and sooner or later that rookie contract will be up. The only value I see in him at this point is trade value, and the best i think we can hope for after this surgery is a 4th. No BS getting to me at all, this just seems the logical and very BB like approach.
He is un-tradeable at this point. Can't pass pysical.
BB seems willing to wait this out. Why would we not want to do this?

Fast forward to November. Mac at QB. Stidham practicing well. Do you want Cam as a backup?
I don't think I'm the only one who would rather have an "improving kid" than a worn out old expensive vet backup?

I say, let it play out!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is un-tradeable at this point. Can't pass pysical.
BB seems willing to wait this out. Why would we not want to do this?

Fast forward to November. Mac at QB. Stidham practicing well. Do you want Cam as a backup?
I don't think I'm the only one who would rather have an "improving kid" than a worn out old expensive vet backup?

I say, let it play out!
Well no where did I say I expected him to be on the trade block today. What I said is the only value he holds is in trade whenever and for whatever we can get for him.

You just stated he is un-tradeable BB has no choice but to wait this out. And it's not as if he has won BB over or impressed him to the point where he could / wouldn't send him in for a really shitty Cam last year. Cam is already signed as is Hoyer and who ever the other cat is, a back up is not an issue. I agree with letting it play out you don't seem to be consider his trade value should it come to that. BB drafts very well in those mid rounds I can very easily see that happening.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no where did I say I expected him to be on the trade block today. What I said is the only value he holds is in trade whenever and for whatever we can get for him.

You just stated he is un-tradeable BB has no choice but to wait this out. And it's not as if he has won BB over or impressed him to the point where he could / wouldn't send him in for a really shitty Cam last year. Cam is already signed as is Hoyer and who ever the other cat is, a back up is not an issue. I agree with letting it play out you don't seem to be consider his trade value should it come to that. BB drafts very well in those mid rounds I can very easily see that happening.
Ok. Semantics, I guess. I can also see a trade could benefit us. I just don't think we make that decision until we have seen our QB's play in this new offense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Semantics, I guess. I can also see a trade could benefit us. I just don't think we make that decision until we have seen our QB's play in this new offense.
No it's not Semantics at all, if anything you are being obtuse.

Again no where did I say or even imply a trade was happening immediately

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologise then. I just misunderstand what you are saying.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologise then. I just misunderstand what you are saying.
How?

What I am saying is it appears the only value Stidham has to the team is in trade. He is on the third year of a rookie contract, hasn't come close to cracking a starting role even when times were desperate, is coming into his third camp injured, BB just drafted a QB at # 15, BB has no issues getting rid of a guy while there is still some value. So the way I see it is his only value is in trade and what that replacement player might offer the team.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Stidham get hurt, anybody know?