• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Stidham is not even worth mentioning at this point in my opinion. They took a shot and it seemingly didn't work out. He's out for all for 2021 I think? Fuck him. Moving on.

I hope to god that Mac beats out Cam for the starting gig this season and Cam never sees the field.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Stidham is not even worth mentioning at this point in my opinion. They took a shot and it seemingly didn't work out. He's out for all for 2021 I think? Fuck him. Moving on.

I hope to god that Mac beats out Cam for the starting gig this season and Cam never sees the field.
I fully understand your position.
On IR he does not count against the 53 man roster.
Can't trade him until he can pass a physical.
If we cut him, we still pay him. Not likely to get a comp for him.

The only way we get rid of him at this time, is if we have too many guys rehabbing for the traners to work with.
Let Stidham get healthy.
If Cam goes down and Hoyer does not want to carry a clipboard all over the country as a backup, Stid might come in handy - or net a trade from some team who's QB just went down.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully understand your position.
On IR he does not count against the 53 man roster.
Can't trade him until he can pass a physical.
If we cut him, we still pay him. Not likely to get a comp for him.

The only way we get rid of him at this time, is if we have too many guys rehabbing for the traners to work with.
Let Stidham get healthy.
If Cam goes down and Hoyer does not want to carry a clipboard all over the country as a backup, Stid might come in handy - or net a trade from some team who's QB just went down.

In my opinion, based on nothing more than gut feeling, the best scenario would be Mac starts, Cam gets cut, and Stidham is the backup. Thing is, Stid can't back anybody up if he can't get onto the field. So my next best scenario is Mac starts, Cam gets cut, and Hoyer backs him up and hopefully never sees the field.

Perhaps Stidham can earn the backup job next year behind Mac but then isn't his contract up and wouldn't he be looking for an opportunity to start somewhere?

I saw Willie McGinest interview BB yesterday and he asked about Mac and BB did his usual bob and weave and mentioned Cam instead. Tom Curran had an article this morning and said Cam was now getting the majority of the starter reps which is in contrast to what BigKen posted a few days ago. I really hope Mac can win the gig and Cam can go play somewhere else.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, based on nothing more than gut feeling, the best scenario would be Mac starts, Cam gets cut, and Stidham is the backup. Thing is, Stid can't back anybody up if he can't get onto the field. So my next best scenario is Mac starts, Cam gets cut, and Hoyer backs him up and hopefully never sees the field.

Perhaps Stidham can earn the backup job next year behind Mac but then isn't his contract up and wouldn't he be looking for an opportunity to start somewhere?

I saw Willie McGinest interview BB yesterday and he asked about Mac and BB did his usual bob and weave and mentioned Cam instead. Tom Curran had an article this morning and said Cam was now getting the majority of the starter reps which is in contrast to what BigKen posted a few days ago. I really hope Mac can win the gig and Cam can go play somewhere else.
How bad would it be if come November, The Mac Attack is in full force and we traded Stidham and Cam to other QB-needy teams?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad would it be if come November, The Mac Attack is in full force and we traded Stidham and Cam to other QB-needy teams?
So then we would keep Hoyer or sign some other Vet cut from another team. It's not like there won't be a plan and to be perfectly honest what has Stidham shown us other than he can carry a clipboard?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, he's going to get cut

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham’s mysterious injury — there are indications this has been bothering him for a while, dating back to last training camp (there’s optimism for his future once he finally gets 100 percent right on the health front)

Maybe that's why he didn't play last year...?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be..... But why wait this long to have the surgery if they knew last year?
Don't know. Doc's thought last year it would heal on it's own or he should play through it then realized they had misdiagnosed and the injury was only being aggravated by practice reps?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know. Doc's thought last year it would heal on it's own or he should play through it then realized they had misdiagnosed and the injury was only being aggravated by practice reps?
Perhaps

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also were discussing (in another thread a ways back) whether he has a lack of senses, common or otherwise, which might contribute to all of his situations.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought:

It appears that reporters are taking sides on the Cam vs Mac competition.
While we look for truth, reporters are flavoring the news to benefit the QB they seem to "prefer"
Yeah, I know that's not shocking but todays news was striking in that Cam was 13 for 21 with INT in the red zone and a bad throw getting a player hurt. and Mac 17 for 25. "both struggled"

Just 1 of many examples.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mac Jones becomes our starter after a few games. Does Cam stick around? How will he react to being the bench warmer come week 9 when we go into Carolina to play his old tean?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mac Jones becomes our starter after a few games. Does Cam stick around? How will he react to being the bench warmer come week 9 when we go into Carolina to play his old tean?
I suspect we let him come back and play against Carolina for that game. He has caused the Panthers to lose many games

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cam will want to be around if he's not the starter. He's got an ego and he believes that he should be starting somewhere if not in Foxboro. Holding the clipboard for a rookie would be really tough to take. Hoyer, yes. Cam, no.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Cam will want to be around if he's not the starter. He's got an ego and he believes that he should be starting somewhere if not in Foxboro. Holding the clipboard for a rookie would be really tough to take. Hoyer, yes. Cam, no.
Cam has to realize he's done as a starter barring the starting QB getting injured. If he fails anymore in NE or gets benched no other team will want him as a starter.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on last night and if game three pans out in a similar fashion there would be no reason for BB to start Mac over Cam. Cam is the Vet has more NFL experience, let Mac sit back take in read the game from the sidelines, make the mental adjustments in his head at game speed, study in the film room continue to practice with the team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on last night and if game three pans out in a similar fashion there would be no reason for BB to start Mac over Cam. Cam is the Vet has more NFL experience, let Mac sit back take in read the game from the sidelines, make the mental adjustments in his head at game speed, study in the film room continue to practice with the team.
I think what we saw last night is a Cam Newton that has accepted the fact that he will be the starter. IF, he does what Bill and Josh want him to do. First thing is that he has to run the plays that are sent in and not do anything other than that. The system works and last night he didn't try any read/run or Cam Options and all of the piece fell into place.

There is the possibility that Bill and Josh might alter Cam and Mac. Have Cam work the first several series and pound away at the defense. Bring in Mac and go 'No Huddle" and not allow the defense to substitute. Mac runs the No Huddle incredibly well for a rookie. If you saw the game, the Eagle were all 'hands on hips' and sucking as much air as they could after about four sequential plays.

Hoyer didn't look bad at all either.