• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we saw last night is a Cam Newton that has accepted the fact that he will be the starter. IF, he does what Bill and Josh want him to do. First thing is that he has to run the plays that are sent in and not do anything other than that. The system works and last night he didn't try any read/run or Cam Options and all of the piece fell into place.

There is the possibility that Bill and Josh might alter Cam and Mac. Have Cam work the first several series and pound away at the defense. Bring in Mac and go 'No Huddle" and not allow the defense to substitute. Mac runs the No Huddle incredibly well for a rookie. If you saw the game, the Eagle were all 'hands on hips' and sucking as much air as they could after about four sequential plays.

Hoyer didn't look bad at all either.
Ill catch the game tonight, just read the box scores and write ups.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill catch the game tonight, just read the box scores and write ups.
I think you'll especially enjoy the defense.

For anyone else..The game will be shown on the NFL Network tonight (8/20/021) at 6:30 pm.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll especially enjoy the defense.

For anyone else..The game will be shown on the NFL Network tonight (8/20/021) at 6:30 pm.
Actually, I think every aspect of last night's game should be ignored. The Eagles game plan was to wave a white flag from the start and hope the Pats honored it. The Pats did not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think every aspect of last night's game should be ignored. The Eagles game plan was to wave a white flag from the start and hope the Pats honored it. The Pats did not.
Patriots had 7 starters that didn't play last night.

Eagles took a lot of cheap shots during the two days of practice and talked smack about it. Bill told the team to just let it go and deliver payback when it counts. In a game. No smack talk by the Eagles after the game was there?

I told everyone that Bill had statements for the bulletin board.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles took a lot of cheap shots during the two days of practice and talked smack about it. Bill told the team to just let it go and deliver payback when it counts. In a game. No smack talk by the Eagles after the game was there?

If that is what you think

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that is what you think
I think I just might need a subscription to those rose colored glasses you are wearing. The first part is accurate except the Pats were aware the iggles were looking for as many hollow victories they could conjure up as possible, then not participate at all when they knew they were out matched... This is my opinion.... The hollow victories were the attitude plays in practice as you described. it all smells like a fragile team trying to fabricate reasons to feel good about itself.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I just might need a subscription to those rose colored glasses you are wearing. The first part is accurate except the Pats were aware the iggles were looking for as many hollow victories they could conjure up as possible, then not participate at all when they knew they were out matched... This is my opinion.... The hollow victories were the attitude plays in practice as you described. it all smells like a fragile team trying to fabricate reasons to feel good about itself.
Or some glasses period.

I don't subscribe to the whole " Bulletin Board" bullshit. Does it motivate pre game maybe, probably some. But when the whistle blow athletes at this level while on the field are so dialed into what their job is, where they are supposed to line up, where their gap is, who they are picking up, what route is being run etc and shit said to the media is the last damn thing on their mind.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or some glasses period.

I don't subscribe to the whole " Bulletin Board" bullshit. Does it motivate pre game maybe, probably some. But when the whistle blow athletes at this level while on the field are so dialed into what their job is, where they are supposed to line up, where their gap is, who they are picking up, what route is being run etc and shit said to the media is the last damn thing on their mind.
Yeah, the bulletin board stuff has minimal affect. Maybe in 2001 when Pittsburg packed for the Super Bowl before playing the AFCCG, and even that was exaggerated. Maybe when one player thinks they're an island and causes the whole team to emphasize them and lock them up... But as a whole its more of "yawn board" material than anything else.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam will miss 3 days of practice this week.
Does BB say, "you don't practice, you don't play"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam will miss 3 days of practice this week.
Does BB say, "you don't practice, you don't play"

Not sure he would say that if it's a team related injury I am sure that is understood. Also its the final pre-season game maybe he wants to sit Cam and start the rookie see how he looks with a start.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he would say that if it's a team related injury I am sure that is understood. Also its the final pre-season game maybe he wants to sit Cam and start the rookie see how he looks with a start.
He has made that statement before - even when not players fault.

He might start Mac but I don't think they want him in too many snaps if he might be QB'1 to start the season.

Lots of ifs abound!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to the article it appears as though it's strictly Covid related and Newton can't practice because he isn't vaxed and falls under some "unvaccinated protocol". Or am I misreading that?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has made that statement before - even when not players fault.

He might start Mac but I don't think they want him in too many snaps if he might be QB'1 to start the season.

Lots of ifs abound!
I've never heard him say that nor did I read it anywhere. And if he did I suspect it related more toward holding out and not injury. I don't know.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the article it appears as though it's strictly Covid related and Newton can't practice because he isn't vaxed and falls under some "unvaccinated protocol". Or am I misreading that?
Yeah he attended a team or NFL sponsored event outside of NE which messed up the COVID testing protocols or some odd thing.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam Newton won't be allowed in the Patriots facility until Thursday after a COVID-19 test "misunderstanding."​

Newton left the New England region this weekend for a medical appointment and will now be required to stay away from the team facility until Thursday. In a statement, the Patriots said Newton was tested daily for COVID-19 but there was a "misunderstanding about tests conducted away from NFL facilities." That he was tested daily means Newton is not vaccinated against COVID. League protocols -- with sign off from the players' union -- say Newton can't re-enter a team building for five days upon his return. His absence will give Mac Jones plenty of first-team reps as the rookie angles for the Week 1 starter gig. Head coach Bill Belichick on Monday did not rule out a QB committee approach for 2021.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam Newton won't be allowed in the Patriots facility until Thursday after a COVID-19 test "misunderstanding."​

Newton left the New England region this weekend for a medical appointment and will now be required to stay away from the team facility until Thursday. In a statement, the Patriots said Newton was tested daily for COVID-19 but there was a "misunderstanding about tests conducted away from NFL facilities." That he was tested daily means Newton is not vaccinated against COVID. League protocols -- with sign off from the players' union -- say Newton can't re-enter a team building for five days upon his return. His absence will give Mac Jones plenty of first-team reps as the rookie angles for the Week 1 starter gig. Head coach Bill Belichick on Monday did not rule out a QB committee approach for 2021.
You need to come around more often!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am most certainly not shitting on anybody who chooses to get vaccinated or not get vaccinated but football is a team sport and as such a player needs to be available to the team.

If Mac is vaccinated then this works to his advantage as we all saw what happened last year when Cam missed time due to Covid. The current rules favor vaccinated players.

Why give Cam the first team reps when he could be out at any given moment?

I'm obviously biased because I want Mac to play.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am most certainly not shitting on anybody who chooses to get vaccinated or not get vaccinated but football is a team sport and as such a player needs to be available to the team.

If Mac is vaccinated then this works to his advantage as we all saw what happened last year when Cam missed time due to Covid. The current rules favor vaccinated players.

i think only 1 that wants cam to play is BB

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The FDA just approved the Pfizer vax which means bushiness can now mandate the shot, or at least that is my understanding. I could be wrong.