• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is "break down"?

T
he CDC is going to have to come up with data better than that. ...like the vaccine is only 50% effective after 1 year.

Doesn't work as well, what does the % matter

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of Cam as a virus. Even if you stuff a mask over his stupid mouth, the virus still gets through.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't work as well, what does the % matter
If less than 1% needed a booster, % would certainly matter.
If more than 50% needed a booster, that would be definitive also.
I know that as a high-risk candidate, I'm taking the booster even if the there is a moderate amount of "break down"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If less than 1% needed a booster, % would certainly matter.
If more than 50% needed a booster, that would be definitive also.
I know that as a high-risk candidate, I'm taking the booster even if the there is a moderate amount of "break down"
I guess my point is I don't care what the % is if the CDC states after 8 months the virus has broken down to the point that boosters are needed all I care about is the CDC stated I should get the booster. And that's what I would do, I could give a hoot less what the % is

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point is I don't care what the % is if the CDC states after 8 months the virus has broken down to the point that boosters are needed all I care about is the CDC stated I should get the booster. And that's what I would do, I could give a hoot less what the % is
Seems like any easy decision to me.

I'm reminded of a conversation with my adult daughter. I was telling her I'm getting my flu shot.
She responded with, "why are you getting a shot? You never get sick"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CDC says that the Moderna and Phizer vaccines start to break down after approx. six months. The elderly should get a third (booster) vaccineby at least nine months. J & J vaccine has had problems and is not being used by any major inoculation programs.
OK so like I said we'll need boosters. Regardless if you've built up nstural antibodies or from any vaccine.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is "break down"?
The manufactured anti-body weakens and some of its strength is lessened over time. It's being assumed by medical researchers that the vaccine is working against other minor viruses. They're not sure what exactly i happening and why it appears to be losing effectiveness for people, especially the elderly in such a short span. People 18-45 don't appear to be as severely affected. More than likely, it's the body's natural loss of immunity as it ages.

When I was 20 years old, if I suffered a wound, it would heal in a couple of days. At my age today, it takes a couple of weeks or months, depending on the severity.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The manufactured anti-body weakens and some of its strength is lessened over time.
I'm pretty sure the antibodies are not manufactured. My understanding is the vaccine is a sickness similar to Corona and your body builds the antibodies as a reaction to fighting off that "sickness". The first "vaccine" was discovered by observing the small pox virus and recognizing some people were not getting it. Those who were not getting it already had caught the "cow pox" disease which was less severe and easily fought off by the body. Giving a small dose of cow pox inoculated against small pox.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was 20 years old, if I suffered a wound, it would heal in a couple of days. At my age today, it takes a couple of weeks or months, depending on the severity.

Dude, I'm only 50 and I'm dealing with that shit. I'm still pretty active and what would've been a simple little injury requiring a few days taking it easy years ago can now sideline me for weeks and oftentimes longer.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm only 50 and I'm dealing with that shit. I'm still pretty active and what would've been a simple little injury requiring a few days taking it easy years ago can now sideline me for weeks and oftentimes longer.

Believe me, it doesn't get any better. I've lost a pile of weight. I go to the gym at least three times a week and I'm up to two miles when I walk on the other days. I'm in better shape now than when I was in my mid 50's and yet, taking those first few steps every morning hurt like hell. Back, hips, shoulders, knees. It's like the oil has settled and the parts all rub together until they get re-lubricated.

I don't complain, because I did wake up this morning and I was able to move.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, it doesn't get any better. I've lost a pile of weight. I go to the gym at least three times a week and I'm up to two miles when I walk on the other days. I'm in better shape now than when I was in my mid 50's and yet, taking those first few steps every morning hurt like hell. Back, hips, shoulders, knees. It's like the oil has settled and the parts all rub together until they get re-lubricated.

I don't complain, because I did wake up this morning and I was able to move.
I say this all the time about my arthritis, the more mobile i am the less it hurts

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Cam doesn't get vaccinated because he can use this as an "out" for when Mac Jones replaces him? He has to see the writing on the wall. Jones will replace him sooner or later. He can use this as an excuse.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Cam doesn't get vaccinated because he can use this as an "out" for when Mac Jones replaces him? He has to see the writing on the wall. Jones will replace him sooner or later. He can use this as an excuse.
He seems too far down the denial path for that... and that's a good thing for the locker room.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny, I was thinking conspiracy but in the exact opposite direction. BB allowed Cam to fuck up the protocol, knowing Cam isn't smart enough to do his homework on Covid protocols, so we could move on to Mac and use Covid as the excuse.

Matty P: "Hey Bill, Cam needs to go see a doctor out of state."
Bill: "OK. But let him figure out the Covid protocol on his own" as Bill smiles an evil grin under his hoodie.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I was thinking conspiracy but in the exact opposite direction. BB allowed Cam to fuck up the protocol, knowing Cam isn't smart enough to do his homework on Covid protocols, so we could move on to Mac and use Covid as the excuse.

Matty P: "Hey Bill, Cam needs to go see a doctor out of state."
Bill: "OK. But let him figure out the Covid protocol on his own" as Bill smiles an evil grin under his hoodie.
or BB could just sit Cam because "It's what's best for the team".

BB has a 29 line phone in his office just so if RK ever fired him he could see all 29 lines ringing at once... Sad for Bill is he knows the opportunity to see that just won't happen. It would take a bunch of unsolved murders and the discovery that BB has a "flop house" for RK to fire him.

But... We all have a mental picture of "Bill smiles an evil grin under his hoodie" :)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mind of a pro sports player does not work like that.