• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - "Still Our QB"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Cam was forced to take 5 days off because he didn't do anything wrong.

Maybe he didn't violate Patriot Rules but did he violate the NFL's??

Sorry Bill, can't buy that he was totally innocent.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam Newton returned to practice Thursday.​

As expected. Newton completed his five-day reentry period following a "misunderstanding" that forced him to keep away from team facilities. The fact he was tested daily means Newton has yet to receive the vaccination for COVID. He'll return to a competition in camp with first-rounder Mac Jones, who reportedly lit up practices in Newton's stead.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAC JONESQB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran believes Mac Jones has earned the right to be the Patriots' Week 1 starter.​

"There’s no on-field reason for Cam Newton to ever take a meaningful, regular-season snap for the Patriots while Mac Jones is upright and able," writes Curran. Newton has missed practice all week due to a "misunderstanding" with the COVID policy due to him being unvaccinated. With Newton gone, Jones has taken 500-plus practice reps, working exclusively with the ones and getting all of the work. Newton was great in last week's preseason game, but Jones has also been impressive. New England has held joint practices with the Giants this week, and Jones has carved up the G-Men's defense by all accounts. Coach Bill Belichick has said he'd be open to a committee quarterback situation, but Jones may be pulling away with the job this week

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it possible the team gave him the rules and he followed those rules and it was the team's mistake?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you've got a stuborn streak!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a fucking team sponsored meeting Jesus man it's not Camella's fault

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fucking team sponsored meeting Jesus man it's not Camella's fault
No, it wasn't a team sponsored anything.

It was a team approved medical appointment for some mysterious thing, which no one has asked about.

The team has used the adjective, misunderstanding to allow them to flitter and flop.

Look back at all of the events that have happened and BB has never covered up for anyone, including Brady. Yet he's covering Cam's ass like a shower towel.

There was no misunderstanding of anything. Cam did what Cam did because he's Cam and he screwed up. He did not follow protocol. Simple as that . More than likely, in my opinion, he thought he could get away with it. He didn't. I've lost some respect for Bill for trying to ignore or deflect the 'problem' and letting Cam come back and do his thing (Dance and shimmy and shake) on the practice field yesterday.

Time to grow the fuck up and accept some responsibility for his own actions.

Misunderstanding, my ass.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it wasn't a team sponsored anything.

It was a team approved medical appointment for some mysterious thing, which no one has asked about.

The team has used the adjective, misunderstanding to allow them to flitter and flop.

Look back at all of the events that have happened and BB has never covered up for anyone, including Brady. Yet he's covering Cam's ass like a shower towel.

There was no misunderstanding of anything. Cam did what Cam did because he's Cam and he screwed up. He did not follow protocol. Simple as that . More than likely, in my opinion, he thought he could get away with it. He didn't. I've lost some respect for Bill for trying to ignore or deflect the 'problem' and letting Cam come back and do his thing (Dance and shimmy and shake) on the practice field yesterday.

Time to grow the fuck up and accept some responsibility for his own actions.

Misunderstanding, my ass.
Team sponsored team approved you want to argue semantics instead of just manning the fuck up?

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team sponsored team approved you want to argue semantics instead of just manning the fuck up?

Cam Newton returned to practice Thursday.​

As expected. Newton completed his five-day reentry period following a "misunderstanding" that forced him to keep away from team facilities. The fact he was tested daily means Newton has yet to receive the vaccination for COVID. He'll return to a competition in camp with first-rounder Mac Jones, who reportedly lit up practices in Newton's stead.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No manning up needed.

It was NOT a Sponsored:

SPONSORED
adjective

1. 1.
    (of a project, activity, etc.) provided with funding by a particular organization or body.
    "in the past, sponsored research made up two-thirds of the budget"

2. 2.
    denoting a fundraising event or activity in which each participant obtains promises from sponsors to donate a certain amount of money for the participant's completion of the activity.
    "he's gearing up to take part in a 14-mile sponsored walk to raise money for a local animal charity"
APPROVED
adjective

1. officially agreed or accepted as satisfactory.
    "students enrolled in approved courses will be subsidized"

Definitions from Oxford Languages

There are no semantics. The two words are not mutually acceptable as replacements for one another.

His MD visited was approved. The Patriots did not sponsor it.

Get over yourself.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No manning up needed.

It was NOT a Sponsored:

SPONSORED
adjective

1. 1.
    (of a project, activity, etc.) provided with funding by a particular organization or body.

2. 2.
    denoting a fundraising event or activity in which each participant obtains promises from sponsors to donate a certain amount of money for the participant's completion of the activity.
    "he's gearing up to take part in a 14-mile sponsored walk to raise money for a local animal charity"
APPROVED
adjective

There are no semantics. The two words are not mutually acceptable as replacements for one another.

Get over yourself.
Mr Semantics. Lacks the ability to admit he was wrong. It gets so fucking old with you all the god damn time. Fuck it i am done with your ass.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No manning up needed.

It was NOT a Sponsored:

SPONSORED
adjective

1. 1.

2. 2.
APPROVED
adjective

Get over yourself.
So you need to play literal semantics with the word semantic?.... How about this one: For all intents and purposes for this context team approved and team sponsored carry the same implications, none of which include the absolute conclusion Cam was overwhelmingly irresponsible or the team wasn't at least partially culpable.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you need to play literal semantics with the word semantic?.... How about this one: For all intents and purposes for this context team approved and team sponsored carry the same implications, none of which include the absolute conclusion Cam was overwhelmingly irresponsible or the team wasn't at least partially culpable.
I am done with him put him on ignore I cannot continue to deal with a 12 year old 72 year old.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separate the dialog from the person. He's a good guy. I laugh at the dialog (not the person).
Nah I'm okay with my decision the man is an insufferable douche, I am tired of his cry baby dive antics. He won't miss me, I won't miss him I am okay with this.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No manning up needed.

It was NOT a Sponsored:

SPONSORED
adjective

1. 1.

2. 2.
APPROVED
adjective

Get over yourself.

I don't think we'll ever know what exactly happened. Frankly speaking, I don't give a flying shit. If the Pats approved the visit(which they supposedly did) then they should've informed Newton of the exact protocol. If they didn't, that's on them. If they did and Newton still went off the reservation then I see no reason to believe why Mac Jones will not be our starting QB week one.

p.s. on another post you mentioned something about Newton dancing or whatever at practice. I'm sick of that fucking shit. IMO it shows he's not all that confident in himself.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No manning up needed.

It was NOT a Sponsored:

SPONSORED
adjective

1. 1.

2. 2.
APPROVED
adjective

Get over yourself.
Ken. Are you aware of HIPPA?
Do you understand that BB can't talk about players medical treatment just because some old dude wants to know?
Go read the National Enquirer!

You try to hard to read between the lines and cannot admit when you read incorrectly.