• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caitlin Clark

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's basketball. they made a lot of close calls down the stretch. looking at the slo mo replay it looks like she leaned in and used her arms. legs appear to be moving too.

Thats absolutley what it looked like.....I think if she would not of moved her shoulder towards the defender,it would not of been called.......blame that on Edwards(??) not the ref.......
Even tho it may have been a ticky tack foul,it was still the right one....

If no call and Brueckers hit that game winner,Iowa fans would have went nuts why that was not called.....either way,refs would have been criticized.....

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats absolutley what it looked like.....I think if she would not of moved her shoulder towards the defender,it would not of been called.......blame that on Edwards(??) not the ref.......
Even tho it may have been a ticky tack foul,it was still the right one....

If no call and Brueckers hit that game winner,Iowa fans would have went nuts why that was not called.....either way,refs would have been criticized.....
after looking at it again, it look like a defensive back cutting off a reciever from his route, a clear foul. if she hadn't leaned in with her arms they might have let it being it determined the outcome.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'm not a fan of the call but it's not egregious or anything. I see way worse almost daily. People just like to whine.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I'm not a fan of the call but it's not egregious or anything. I see way worse almost daily. People just like to whine.

Either way,someone was gonna whine......Edwards shouldve just stood there,not leaned,even tho it was just the slightest.....

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so,not a fan of Clark.
i don't know her personally, but if your a sports fan, hard not to like her. she's a female stephen curry. good, not great athletic ability but incredibly skilled and smart, and not bad looking either.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know her personally, but if your a sports fan, hard not to like her. she's a female stephen curry. good, not great athletic ability but incredibly skilled and smart, and not bad looking either.

So youre saying she doesnt have to look like a straight up dude to be good at womens basketball?!

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So youre saying she doesnt have to look like a straight up dude to be good at womens basketball?!
I'm just saying she's not too hard on the eyes. Isn't that one of the main reasons we watch women's sports?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was pretty much shut down most of the game by UCONN.. Overrated. But what else is new today.. Everyone is. They're 7 or 8's hype up as 10's

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was pretty much shut down most of the game by UCONN.. Overrated. But what else is new today.. Everyone is. They're 7 or 8's hype up as 10's
0-7 from three points area in the first half. didn't play her best. she makes her threes no ones shutting her down. she made things happen by driving. a pinpoint passer but also high risk at times.

shes the leading scorer in the ncaa. she's obviously a great player at least on this level.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,its like this.......
I have never ever watched a womans bbal game,ever.....but this shit last season of her giving the "I cant see you" gesture is rubing it in opponents faces.....
The when Angel Reese did it to her and the ring gesture during the Championship game,she did not want anything to do with it........
And then the miraculous flop,what a damn joke.......and then to need helped off the court by two players,cmon man,get real.......if a fan just accidentlt bumped into a 6ft athlete,and walks away without falling down,so should of Clark.......

Im surprised she didnt want help off the court during the so-called twist of the ankle.....Im willing to bet if the game was over,she would have pllayed that to the hilt........

Its called "showtime",look at what happened to me.......not buying it.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what she does in the WNBA.. There is tons of great college players that didn't amount to a hill of beans in the pros. They became average at best

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She isn't overrated. She went 21/9/7 against a defense that was denying her the ball the entire game and running another defender at her when she touched the ball. She could have had at least 10 more assists if her teammates hadn't clanked so many wide open shots or layups. And UConn was just a better overall team. Take Clark off that team and UConn beats them by 30

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She isn't overrated. She went 21/9/7 against a defense that was denying her the ball the entire game and running another defender at her when she touched the ball. She could have had at least 10 more assists if her teammates hadn't clanked so many wide open shots or layups. And UConn was just a better overall team. Take Clark off that team and UConn beats them by 30

a little Overrated. But it isn't her fault. Its a business now and we know the deal behind business. Hype and marketing . Lets she if they can get it done in the finals because thats all that matters. Thats how you EARN the hype. If she puts up a stinker and they get blown out..overrated.

Jordan for instance earned his hype because he was unbeatable in finals. Thats where you earn your stripes. On the big stage

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,its like this.......
I have never ever watched a womans bbal game,ever.....but this shit last season of her giving the "I cant see you" gesture is rubing it in opponents faces.....
The when Angel Reese did it to her and the ring gesture during the Championship game,she did not want anything to do with it........
And then the miraculous flop,what a damn joke.......and then to need helped off the court by two players,cmon man,get real.......if a fan just accidentlt bumped into a 6ft athlete,and walks away without falling down,so should of Clark.......

Im surprised she didnt want help off the court during the so-called twist of the ankle.....Im willing to bet if the game was over,she would have pllayed that to the hilt........

Its called "showtime",look at what happened to me.......not buying it.
i'm not a follower of women's bb, so not sure what your referring too.

but i can see catlins incredibly skilled, intelligent, is very likeable, and good for the game. i'm not going to nitpick or try and psychoanalyze her. you don't get to her level without having a little swag.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little Overrated. But it isn't her fault. Its a business now and we know the deal behind business. Hype and marketing . Lets she if they can get it done in the finals because thats all that matters. Thats how you EARN the hype. If she puts up a stinker and they get blown out..overrated.

Jordan for instance earned his hype because he was unbeatable in finals. Thats where you earn your stripes. On the big stage
I'm the biggest MJ fan, but you're actually making my point. Until MJ got the right supporting cast, the Bulls got stomped by better teams from Boston and Detroit. Even the GOAT needs help

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the biggest MJ fan, but you're actually making my point. Until MJ got the right supporting cast, the Bulls got stomped by better teams from Boston and Detroit. Even the GOAT needs help

Outside of Pippen his supporting cast wasn't even that good. (And even Pippen wasn't as an elite superstar if we are going to be honest here. Great player but not a superstar top 2-3 guy in the league ) . Grant was ok, he never had a great center. All trash.. Rodman couldn't play a lick of offense. A couple of three point sharpshooters once a while but they were limited. I dont think anyone else would have won a title with that crew much less go undefeated in finals. 6-0. Its why MJ earned his GOAT status. No one else was winning titles without dominant BIGs. To earn the hype Clark has to win the titles

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Pippen his supporting cast wasn't even that good.. Grant was ok, he never had a great center. All trash.. Rodman couldn't play a lick of offense. A couple of three point sharpshooters once a while but they were limited. I dont think anyone else would have won a title with that crew much less go undefeated in finals. 6-0
They has a supporting cast that fit his skills. First, Pippen was a great player in his own right. Rodman was a great rebounder. Harper made it where they could switch defensively across the board. Then they had spot up shooters and three 7 footers for fouls and post D. He had a perfect team to compliment what he did.
I think MJ is the greatest, but a lot of the argument with with and LBJ, and a few others to be honest, really comes down to who their teammates are. There are certain teams that would be better off with Jordan, and some where LBJ would make them better