• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caitlin Clark

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will make MORE NIL Money coming back next year compared to if she went to the WNBA and signed a rookie contract.

Insane!

But man can she shoot!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@douggie Duke Women could have used her for sure!

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous how badly they want SC to win this. What a joke.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark is a helluva player, but I'm not a fan of her antics. Note: this is not Caitlin Clark,
but is an example of what I'm referencing.

1680380863024.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark is a helluva player, but I'm not a fan of her antics. Note: this is not Caitlin Clark,
but is an example of what I'm referencing.

View attachment 324870
Very timely comment by you based on what happened yesterday. It's one thing to do it in celebration and to no one in particular, it's another to seek a particular opponent out and do it in their face for no reason other than to rub it in. Classless by LSU. I found little wrong with the celebrations I saw from Clark other than being a little too cocky for my personal taste - full disclosure I only saw a couple of them so there may be some I disagree with. What Reese did was totally different. :2cents:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very timely comment by you based on what happened yesterday. It's one thing to do it in celebration and to no one in particular, it's another to seek someone out and do it in their face to rub it in. Classless by LSU. I found little wrong with the celebrations I saw from Clark other than being a little too cocky - full disclosure I only saw a couple of them so there may be some I disagree with. What Reese did was totally different.

Did Clark actually seek out a player and do anything like that IN their face.. She did not. She did it to her own bench, in regards to the "You can't see me". However, she did "wave off" SC shooter at the 3 point line and I can see how that is disrespectful for sure.

Reese actually SOUGHT out Clark... Now with that said I see why she did since she took what Clark did to heart but you don't have to do that for as long as Reese did. I also don't get where all this, "you disrespected me, called me names" came from.. I haven't heard anything from anyone in regards to her.

and @jarntt I was NOT calling you out in my post, I just happened to quote yours

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't normally watch the Women's tournament, but saw her in one of the early games and tried to catch the Iowa games after that. Female Larry Bird?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will make MORE NIL Money coming back next year compared to if she went to the WNBA and signed a rookie contract.

Insane!

But man can she shoot!
She'll probably make the same sponsorship money whether even if she goes pro.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She'll probably make the same sponsorship money whether even if she goes pro.

She can't this year since she is only 21 and hasn't played with Iowa for 4 years.. So her NIL money will be more than she'd earn on a rookie wnba contract

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She can't this year since she is only 21 and hasn't played with Iowa for 4 years.. So her NIL money will be more than she'd earn on a rookie wnba contract
Oh, I gotcha.

Tom Brady is also making more money from endorsements this year than he would have re-signing with the Bucs at the same contract.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I gotcha.

Tom Brady is also making more money from endorsements this year than he would have re-signing with the Bucs at the same contract.

Yeah I didn't know that about her but they said it last night on tv that she isn't "draft" eligible"

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Clark actually seek out a player and do anything like that IN their face.. She did not. She did it to her own bench, in regards to the "You can't see me". However, she did "wave off" SC shooter at the 3 point line and I can see how that is disrespectful for sure.

Reese actually SOUGHT out Clark... Now with that said I see why she did since she took what Clark did to heart but you don't have to do that for as long as Reese did. I also don't get where all this, "you disrespected me, called me names" came from.. I haven't heard anything from anyone in regards to her.

and @jarntt I was NOT calling you out in my post, I just happened to quote yours
Angel had some similar disrespectful antics early in the season that reporters called out. She sees it as a comment on her hood roots. Some people raised with different values and nothing you can tell them will make them see anything differently.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angel had some similar disrespectful antics early in the season that reporters called out. She sees it as a comment on her hood roots. Some people raised with different values and nothing you can tell them will make them see anything differently.

Don't get me wrong there is a ton of racism in this world which is ridiculous but I'm not seeing where anything was directed towards Reese

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong there is a ton of racism in this world which is ridiculous but I'm not seeing where anything was directed towards Reese
I'm on spring break so I don't ha ve time to search it out but it was a story earlier in the season. She fired back that's she from the hood and won't change who she is.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting how private organizations sometimes set their rules (the WNBA). She can vote, drink, and if she was actually good enough, she could play on any other professional sports team. And then there is the fact that the NBA and the WNBA are connected.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on spring break so I don't ha ve time to search it out but it was a story earlier in the season. She fired back that's she from the hood and won't change who she is.

I believe you wasn't saying I didn't

and wrap it up! Don't forget that!

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. We always hear about how it is hard to get out of the "hood" due to poor schools and crime. But here she is, at student at LSU about to make a lot of money, and if she were to get hurt and not be able to play she would have a college degree to build upon. I have always heard that LSU is fine university so she must have had the grades to be accepted. If she were not able to play professionally, would she go back to the hood to help teach younger kids how to get out of the "hood".
My immigrant dad was a low paid factory worker and my mom worked (1950s and 60s). Not poor, but maybe twice the poverty level at the time (by today's standard that would be about $35,000 a year). I am not proud of that background. What I am proud of is my parents demanding that I work hard to get out our dead-end neighborhood by studying, attending college and being successful. No money for college and not enough athletic ability to earn a scholarship. So, by cobbling together various scholarships and working during school and summers I was able to satisfy my father's wish.

Where you are from should not define your entire life, it is where you going that is important. Where you are from is not an excuse to be a jerk.