• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bynum in Cleveland?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that Kobe has run off 2 of the best centers of our era, now that I think about it.

:lame:

it's crap like THIS that makes me SMH...

Wasn't trying to stir the pot, just an observation. Have you ever seen one player other than Kobe find a way to lose two players the caliber of Shaq and Howard?

I don't know too many superstars that had this kind of difficulty playing with other superstars. Its somewhat intriguing. Maybe I'll research it and come up with a list, theres bound to be some difficult players out there that cost themselves titles because they weren't good teammates.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the CBA regulations of having to spend 90% of your cap if I had my roster filled out I would give Bynum as much as I could for 1 season, including a max contract.

Take that gamble, he is worth it if he gets healthy and if not you can let him walk after a year and go after great players in the next offseason FA.

The problem is after Bynum and Howard, who else is there?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the CBA regulations of having to spend 90% of your cap if I had my roster filled out I would give Bynum as much as I could for 1 season, including a max contract.

Take that gamble, he is worth it if he gets healthy and if not you can let him walk after a year and go after great players in the next offseason FA.

The problem is after Bynum and Howard, who else is there?

You can't give max deals to dudes with TWO bad knees

Hell he can't even give workouts to teams because he can't run!

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bynum won't even work out for teams, he's so crippled. He can't even run up an down the court. His career is over, but is trying to steal money off teams.

Any team that pays him any amount of money is throwing it down the drain..

And Lebron isn't going to cleveland to pay with a gimp...Lebron knows he needs a team of superstars to win a ring. Not some broken down, washed up center like Bynum..

Haha, you're talking about players not deserving money? And Kobe the "booty hijacker" is set to make 30 mil and won't play due to injury. Hahaha

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't give max deals to dudes with TWO bad knees

Hell he can't even give workouts to teams because he can't run!

I agree, but in these circumstances:

No other options
Roster filled out anyways
1 year mistake if it is
no matter what gives you sign and trade options

[youtube]-crgQGdpZR0[/youtube]

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, you're talking about players not deserving money? And Kobe the "booty hijacker" is set to make 30 mil and won't play due to injury. Hahaha

on the court he hasn't deserved his contract for a while but when you factor in the amount of money he brings into the franchise globally he is worth every penny of that contract.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the court he hasn't deserved his contract for a while but when you factor in the amount of money he brings into the franchise globally he is worth every penny of that contract.

Right. And the Lakers are about to globally suck this upcoming season. Money well spent? Not

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. And the Lakers are about to globally suck this upcoming season. Money well spent? Not

I am not sure you understood.

The point of any business is to make money. By Kobe wearing the Lakers jersey, he makes them money by selling tickets, jerseys making commercials whatever.

So yes, $30m well spent.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't trying to stir the pot, just an observation. Have you ever seen one player other than Kobe find a way to lose two players the caliber of Shaq and Howard?

I don't know too many superstars that had this kind of difficulty playing with other superstars. Its somewhat intriguing. Maybe I'll research it and come up with a list, theres bound to be some difficult players out there that cost themselves titles because they weren't good teammates.

the point was NEITHER left "because of Kobe". simply put, that statement isn't factual. Shaq left for MONEY(documented), D12 left because he feels he has a better chance to win in Houston. trust me(and i'll say it again), i'm not disagreeing that Kobe is an arrogant prick, but those 2 didn't leave because of him...

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq had nothing good to say about playing with Lebron. Shaq went from being an 18 pt scorer with Nash to an 11 point player with Lebron. That's because as I've always said, Lebron makes everyone worse around him.....Shaq, Mo Wiliams, Jamison, Bosh, Wade, Allen..

The numbers don't lie. Every player has their numbers plummet once they team up with Lebron.

FACT

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sman, please provide numbers before stating said numbers are fact.

Also, I thought Allen was pretty fucking good game 6 of the finals?

Also Sman, why do you have to talk about LBJ in every thread?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy with degenerative knee issues for most of his career will be what entices
Lebron to come back to Cleveland. You seriously can't make this shit up.

This is totally a risk free investment.

Bynum (if he is healthy) is worth at least 12 million or maybe more....

He is the best offensive center in the league at 100%. At 100%, he should be making 20 million plus.

It is a one year deal to see to if he is healthy at all.

If so, the 12 million is a freaking steal. They get a franchise center for 60% of market price.

If not, it is a one year deal with no long term salary cap dead weight.

The new rules force a team to use its cap space to a certain degree.
So Cleveland has to spend some of its money. They just cannot hoard it anymore.

They could spend it on safer B-level guys for longer deals.....or throw a "hail mary" on a higher risk player with a short term safety valve.

I think it is a solid "high reward/low risk" move thanks to it being only a one year experiment.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point was NEITHER left "because of Kobe". simply put, that statement isn't factual. Shaq left for MONEY(documented), D12 left because he feels he has a better chance to win in Houston. trust me(and i'll say it again), i'm not disagreeing that Kobe is an arrogant prick, but those 2 didn't leave because of him..

need to cut these chumps some slack....and to add to your factual rebuttal, Doc Buss had to decide whether to pay a 30 something dude(Shaq) $28 million when his contract was up or a guy who was 5 years younger(Kobe) $30 mill. Buss rolled the dice and won as Kobe led us to 2 more titles WITHOUT Shaq. D12 skin is so thin you can see through it. Couldn't handle Kobe's win or nothing mantra so good for him for taking his talents to a small town like Houston where the media doesn't hurt a fly.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point was NEITHER left "because of Kobe". simply put, that statement isn't factual. Shaq left for MONEY(documented), D12 left because he feels he has a better chance to win in Houston. trust me(and i'll say it again), i'm not disagreeing that Kobe is an arrogant prick, but those 2 didn't leave because of him...

OK fine......but it's not like either player got along with Kobe either. That had to contribute on some level, because Shaq and Kobe didn't talk for years after he left. Don't act like Kobe's problems with them didn't contribute.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need to cut these chumps some slack....and to add to your factual rebuttal, Doc Buss had to decide whether to pay a 30 something dude(Shaq) $28 million when his contract was up or a guy who was 5 years younger(Kobe) $30 mill. Buss rolled the dice and won as Kobe led us to 2 more titles WITHOUT Shaq. D12 skin is so thin you can see through it. Couldn't handle Kobe's win or nothing mantra so good for him for taking his talents to a small town like Houston where the media doesn't hurt a fly.

It would have been sweet to get both of their Egos under the cap.

Keep telling yourself this. You are about to see how bad you are until Kobe retires.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs offer $24 mil for 2 years, w/ team option for 2nd year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing that Kobe has run off 2 of the best centers of our era, now that I think about it.

:lame:

it's crap like THIS that makes me SMH...

Yeah, the guy makes a negative post about Kobe on a thread that has nothing to do with Kobe and then cries when someone calls him a hater!!:lame:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've heard it estimated that the Lakers make anywhere from $85-$100 million just off of Kobe!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fine......but it's not like either player got along with Kobe either. That had to contribute on some level, because Shaq and Kobe didn't talk for years after he left. Don't act like Kobe's problems with them didn't contribute.

Kobe's issue with Shaq was that Shaq was lazy and would show up to training camp out of shape, preferring to "play his way in to shape"!! The last straw for Kobe was when Shaq waited until the start of training camp to have a surgery that he needed saying "I got hurt on company time, I'm gonna heal on company time"!!

Kobe was beginning to "feel his oats" as a leader and didn't think Shaq provided a very good example!!

Dr. Buss would likely have figured out a way to keep both. However, his final straw came when he attended a pre-season game, Shaq threw down a monster dunk and then screamed at Dr. Buss "You gonna pay me now?"

Shaq's issues with Kobe were that Kobe was wanting to take on more of a leadership role and Shaq still wanted him to be the "little brother"!! Kobe's comment to the cops about "paying off mistresses like Shaq" didn't sit well with Shaq either, but was NOT the reason he left!!

If not for the disrespect to Dr. Buss, it is very likely that Shaq would have remained a Laker!!

According to both Dwight and Kobe, they are actually friends and get along just fine. Yes, they were uncomfortable together on the court, but so was the entire team. They never really got a chance to play together as a full unit because of the injuries and coaching change.

The only real issue between the 2 was that Dwight feels Kobe takes things too seriously and Kobe (go figure) thinks Dwight doesn't take things seriously enough!! Not exactly the makings of WW3!!

In the end, Dwight left for 2 main reasons, the coach (he wanted Phil) and he felt he had a better chance to win right now in Houston!! we all know that you hate Kobe (you've made it abundantly clear) and want to blame everything from the Lakers situation to global warming on him, but at least do some research so that your hate posts are accurate!!

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs offer $24 mil for 2 years, w/ team option for 2nd year.

Good that it's a team option for the 2nd year, but I think $12 million per year is too much!! Having said that, if he plays anything close to the way he has when he was healthy, he'll still be a steal!!