• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYE BYE UGGLA AND COLVIN

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expected for Uggla, especially if they make a move tomorrow.

Wasn't expecting Colvin, he's been decent. (decent for this team, bad on a good team). Possibly 2 deals in the works?

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Giants,

Please, next time you put Will Clark's number on someone's back, please make sure he can:

A-make contact with the ball, and......

B-catch the ball

Thanks!

Go Giants!!!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That means two adds will be made by tomorrow's game. Rios?? Bonifacio?? Castillo??

I doubt Castillo. It is still too early in the process for anyone to have signed him.

Rios is a distinct possibility. I fear the cost. Crick at the minimum.

The latest rumor I saw was Bones going to KC. No way to gauge the accuracy of that, though...

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schulman also said earlier that Boni is going to be traded but he isn't going to SF

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally forgot that Belt is expected back.

That takes care of one of the 25 spots.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colvin's numbers:

May- .265/.321/.531 2b-8, 3b-1, hr-1, rbi-7

June- .216/.241/.333 2b-2, 3b-2, hr-0, rbi-9

July- .179/.238/.256 2b-0, 3b-0, hr-1, rbi-2

Not a positive trend.

Let's hope the Fire Gods have their fill...

PS

Is anyone else surprised that a guy who has been in the majors as long as he has is still a virgin?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is this virgin you speak of?

Colvin was cut. Therefore he was sacrificed. Therefore, he was thrown in a volcano. Therefore, he was fed to the Fire Gods. Therefore he was a virgin.

Simple logic, Holmes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murph and Mac are saying that the Uggla release is a done-deal. I do not consider them reliable sources, and I am not sure where they got that news from (I don't see it anywhere else), but there you go...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murph and Mac are saying that the Uggla release is a done-deal. I do not consider them reliable sources, and I am not sure where they got that news from (I don't see it anywhere else), but there you go...

MLTBR agrees with you. Nothing formal yet.

Giants Weighing Options With Dan Uggla, Option Tyler Colvin ? MLB Trade Rumors

I'm sure they would like to release him pending acquisition of an upgrade. We apparently are also in deep talks re Alex Rios.

If we are going to spend money, I would rather save the prospects, release Uggla, and put in a shutdown bid for Castillo. Even the highest bid for him won't break our bank.

Do it Sabes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLTBR agrees with you. Nothing formal yet.

Giants Weighing Options With Dan Uggla, Option Tyler Colvin ? MLB Trade Rumors

I'm sure they would like to release him pending acquisition of an upgrade. We apparently are also in deep talks re Alex Rios.

If we are going to spend money, I would rather save the prospects, release Uggla, and put in a shutdown bid for Castillo. Even the highest bid for him won't break our bank.

Do it Sabes.

Agree 100%.

I am on record saying I don't want any trades today, but I am ALL about picking up Castillo. Dude would not cost us any prospect, and it seems like his average salary would end up being about 6 or 7M a year.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.

I am on record saying I don't want any trades today, but I am ALL about picking up Castillo. Dude would not cost us any prospect, and it seems like his average salary would end up being about 6 or 7M a year.

Is Castillo really an option though? I know he's ready to sign, and I know that scouts/GMs have said that he can make an impact this year, but are the Giants a realistic option? I don't see it, personally. Granted, they did indeed put in a big bid on Abreu, so maybe they are in on Castillo. I just haven't heard anything about it. Maybe after the deadline, Castillo rumors will heat up.

Mid-post, Abreu reminded me. The Giants were clearly willing to move Belt to LF in their aggressive bid for Abreu, so that gives me hope for my other wish (Posey to 1st, Belt to LF, Susac to C) to happen at some point.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.

Plus, he's insurance on Pagan. It makes so much sense from our perspective. I would even entertain putting him at SS and moving Crawford to 2B if that's what it took.

Rios is done. He can't field anymore, and he can barely hit. And all his skills are declining. He reminds me of Jose Guillen but without all the baggage.

Spend the money on Castillo. Make it happen Sabes!!

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Castillo really an option though? I know he's ready to sign, and I know that scouts/GMs have said that he can make an impact this year, but are the Giants a realistic option? I don't see it, personally. Granted, they did indeed put in a big bid on Abreu, so maybe they are in on Castillo. I just haven't heard anything about it. Maybe after the deadline, Castillo rumors will heat up.

Mid-post, Abreu reminded me. The Giants were clearly willing to move Belt to LF in their aggressive bid for Abreu, so that gives me hope for my other wish (Posey to 1st, Belt to LF, Susac to C) to happen at some point.

What makes you think the Giants were aggressive about Abreu? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember reading anything concrete about it. (Some dufus on the interwebs saying "the Giants are interested" I would have ignored). And by "dufus", I also include most 'professionals' who don't bother stating their source(s).

{I used the 'quote' feature so that 'certain posters' will understand what I am responding to, no matter how obvious I think it is.}

Last edited by a moderator:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think the Giants were aggressive about Abreu? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't remember reading anything concrete about it. (Some dufus on the interwebs saying "the Giants are interested" I would have ignored). And by "dufus", I also include most 'professionals' who don't bother stating their source(s).

Hank Schulman reported in the offseason the Giants put up 5 year $60M bid, I'm pretty sure. I also think it was mentioned in the Astros leaked documents somewhere.