• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYE BYE UGGLA AND COLVIN

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Schulman reported in the offseason the Giants put up 5 year $60M bid, I'm pretty sure. I also think it was mentioned in the Astros leaked documents somewhere.

You are correct. Was looking up Abreu-Giants a few days ago and report was they made an almost identical financial offer to Abreu but for less years

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank Schulman reported in the offseason the Giants put up 5 year $60M bid, I'm pretty sure. I also think it was mentioned in the Astros leaked documents somewhere.

Which likely means we have the money for Castillo. We haven't done anything unexpected since that time, as in spent the money somewhere else that we weren't planning on doing anyway.

It is the option that makes the most sense when all aspects are considered.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which likely means we have the money for Castillo. We haven't done anything unexpected since that time, as in spent the money somewhere else that we weren't planning on doing anyway.

It is the option that makes the most sense when all aspects are considered.

I would like to sign him. This trade market is way too expensive. I'll just say I'm skeptical at best right now. Also, would this mean Pablo is gone? Can they both stay?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to sign him. This trade market is way too expensive. I'll just say I'm skeptical at best right now. Also, would this mean Pablo is gone? Can they both stay?

Why couldn't Pablo stay? They don't play the same position, so are you referring to budget constraints? I don't think the $7-$8 mill/yr it would take to sign Castillo would make a real impact on our ability to re-sign Pablo. But I'm not the CFO (although I'm available if they want me!).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't Pablo stay? They don't play the same position, so are you referring to budget constraints? I don't think the $7-$8 mill/yr it would take to sign Castillo would make a real impact on our ability to re-sign Pablo. But I'm not the CFO (although I'm available if they want me!).

Money, money, money. It's always the ongoing discussion.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLTBR agrees with you. Nothing formal yet.

Giants Weighing Options With Dan Uggla, Option Tyler Colvin ? MLB Trade Rumors

I'm sure they would like to release him pending acquisition of an upgrade. We apparently are also in deep talks re Alex Rios.

If we are going to spend money, I would rather save the prospects, release Uggla, and put in a shutdown bid for Castillo. Even the highest bid for him won't break our bank.

Do it Sabes.

I'm going to guess that prospect Matt Duffy is on his way to SF to replace Uggla. He was held out of the AA lineup.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess that prospect Matt Duffy is on his way to SF to replace Uggla. He was held out of the AA lineup.

While possible (he consistently gets 2 hits with at least 1 double EVERY game in Richmond), I would be surprised if this is the case.

But if they do call him up, I think it would confirm that he may have actually become our #1 prospect in the org, above Crick, above Susac, above Arroyo...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While possible (he consistently gets 2 hits with at least 1 double EVERY game in Richmond), I would be surprised if this is the case.

But if they do call him up, I think it would confirm that he may have actually become our #1 prospect in the org, above Crick, above Susac, above Arroyo...

They have a ton of confidence in him. Started in Augusta, promoted to San Jose late in the same season, then went to AA the next year. He's had an OPS well over .800 at all his stops since Augusta. I love the kid, very hard worker. I love the story too.

I'm also hearing Jarrett Parker is on his way to the majors (he too was not in the lineup). He is an interesting case. Kind of a 4 trick pony, great arm, good speed, power, good fielder, not great average. He shows a ton of plate discipline though. Sometimes he's a little TOO selective, leads to a lot of strikeouts. He's an OFer, plays mostly right field, but has been playing center lately too....

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have a ton of confidence in him. Started in Augusta, promoted to San Jose late in the same season, then went to AA the next year. He's had an OPS well over .800 at all his stops since Augusta. I love the kid, very hard worker. I love the story too.

I'm also hearing Jarrett Parker is on his way to the majors (he too was not in the lineup). He is an interesting case. Kind of a 4 trick pony, great arm, good speed, power, good fielder, not great average. He shows a ton of plate discipline though. Sometimes he's a little TOO selective, leads to a lot of strikeouts. He's an OFer, plays mostly right field, but has been playing center lately too....

I was just looking at Parkers AA #s yesterday because at one time I was hopeful he would develope into at least an avg ML player.His avg although not great is up at least 30 points and he has at least a dozen homers.Hope he doesnt become Belt 2.0,so selective at the plate that he strikes out looking all the freaking time.Cant wait to see Dufffy play though.:clap: