• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burfict

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow! It was a dirty play, but a season long suspension is extreme. Guess the league is done with him.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow! It was a dirty play, but a season long suspension is extreme. Guess the league is done with him.
Probably just based on his past.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're scoring at home..... Threatening the mother of your child (and a woman you have already assaulted) after breaking your child's arm will get you zero games. Dragging a woman across the floor in a hotel room will get you 0 games if its not on video, but 8 games if it is on video.

Hitting another grown man illegally on the field gets you thrown out of the league.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too many times. The dude has issues. To note, I don't disagree with you regarding the other two points. However, that doesn't make Burficts' suspension any less warranted.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with his suspension. He brings nothing to the football field anymore except for cheap hits. Back in 2013, he was one of the best linebackers in the game.... And yes, he made some bad hits. But they seemed to be more the exception rather than the rule. Over the past 3 seasons he hasn't been any good and he can't stop taking cheap shots.

I was more making fun of the league for their inconsistent messages.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with his suspension. He brings nothing to the football field anymore except for cheap hits. Back in 2013, he was one of the best linebackers in the game.... And yes, he made some bad hits. But they seemed to be more the exception rather than the rule. Over the past 3 seasons he hasn't been any good and he can't stop taking cheap shots.

I was more making fun of the league for their inconsistent messages.

He was doing really well in Oakland. His peers voted to give him the captain tag. He was flying all over the field making plays again. Raider fans were all excited like we used to be.

I think he has had a couple dirty plays in his career, but several he has been tagged with I don't think are dirty, just a very big, fast dude that plays with reckless abandon trying to make a play that he puts himself in a bad situation at the point of contact, because he is always trying to lay someone out until they are fully laid out on the ground.

That new wave of defense has made this league what it is. Guys try to tackle other players, they don't want to get a penalty or fined, so they give up a smidgen sooner than a whistle sounds or the guy is on the ground figuring his forward momentum has been stopped. Has created tons of broken tackles in this league and some serious cry babies.

Now, I agree with the league trying to protect its product, but the suspension Burfict got today is just insane. It was an on field infraction. While it maybe could have been avoided altogether, you are telling an aggressive guy to stop playing before the whistle blows. If you look at where Burfict makes contact from the tuff to the height of the hit, that would have been a waist shot had Doyle not been going to the ground and tucking his head in. I agree it still needs to be made aware, fine him, suspend him 2 games..that should be that. He didn't launch himself, hit a guy that was already laying on the ground, or launch himself high to hit a guy in the head while fully upright. It would have been waist high had they not been going to the turf together.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can get the #1 draft pick and draft AJ Green's eventual replacement without him.