• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls Cavs

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. All they did was shoot jumpers

Good luck with that

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win boys! Im feelin a whole lot better about the second half now.

Oh yeah. This team is stacked

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been the Cleveland jump shooter all night. Jones hit some. If they hadn't hit their 3s, they'd be down 25

they only issue is that they DIDNT hit their threes and Jones shot even worse than the overall rest of the team did from 3.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm flippin back and forth to the Illinois Michigan game and drinkin rum.

It was jumper city for Cleveland

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. It's the 2nd half and a different game now.

Bout to get physical

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your nuts.

Nuts that LeBron wanted Jones in the game tonight ? Which I am just guessing.., or nuts about the amnesty thing, which is not at all a guess.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really looked like the Cavs were just going through the motions and trying to get to the All Star Break after that high-emotion game at home last night.

I did not think the Cavs would sweep the Bulls during the regular season and it turns out I was correct in that.

As long as the Cavs take care of business at home in the last game against the two teams they own the tie-breaker and should secure home court if these two teams play in the playoffs.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell u one thing. That coach would worry me if I was Cleveland. Cavs very lazy tonight. I get it. But it ain't the all star break until tomorrow

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean like the game where he dropped 55 and beat Portland pretty much single handedly when their best player was hurt? lol

I knew that was coming, and I'm glad you said it. I'm surprised you aren't talking all star games or team USA.

That game was a FLUKE.
Just like Mo Williams game was, and any other player that puts up stats like Kyrie did that night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuts that LeBron wanted Jones in the game tonight ? Which I am just guessing.., or nuts about the amnesty thing, which is not at all a guess.

Amnesty

it just goes against everything that I have read or heard either directly through the mouth of LBJ in interviews- or through reporters close to the team.

From what i had heard and read is that James was upset Miller was amnestied when he had taken a pay cut to sign there.

and that James was EXTREMELY upset and depending on the account, got up and left a meeting in a huff between Arison and James after last season when they offered him less than a max in order to put a better team together- when he would not pony up to keep Miller- who James thought they missed in the playoffs that year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really looked like the Cavs were just going through the motions and trying to get to the All Star Break after that high-emotion game at home last night.

I did not think the Cavs would sweep the Bulls during the regular season and it turns out I was correct in that.

As long as the Cavs take care of business at home in the last game against the two teams they own the tie-breaker and should secure home court if these two teams play in the playoffs.

The tie breaker means absolutely nothing if Chicago end up with a better record or vice versa so I don't see why beating Chicago for a 3rd time means they should secure home court against Chicago

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This I agree with, or at least James was.
That's why Kyrie needed to bring his absolute best tonite because this game could potentially decide seeding.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James reportedly doesn’t want to take a salary cut in order to save Heat owner Micky Arison money. That’s apparently not a new concern.

It’s been festering.

The Heat paid the luxury tax the previous two years, and they’ll pay it again this season. But in the last year, they’ve really dialed back their spending.

They amnestied Mike Miller.
Instead of using a draft pick to upgrade their roster, they used it as a sweetener to unload Joel Anthony’s contract.
They didn’t use the mid-level exception, their primary tool for adding another rotation-caliber player.
Miami has allowed its roster to stagnate and age, creating a lack of depth really showed in the Finals.

If the Heat had spent more to build a deeper team, maybe they’d be NBA champions – and not waiting on a mum LeBron.

Brian Windhorst of ESPN:

a victory for the Heat at this stage likely means getting James to commit for one more season. Again, this is not ideal. When that infamous “not five, not six …” speech was delivered, James was under the impression that he would be staying in Miami for a second long-term contract. Despite a strong and historic run, James isn’t ready to commit to that given the current state of the team.

The Heat are the favorites; this is not in question. But there is a window of doubt due to the way the season ended, Wade’s health and some bitterness James harbors that Micky Arison put the brakes on spending over the past year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tie breaker means absolutely nothing if Chicago end up with a better record or vice versa so I don't see why beating Chicago for a 3rd time means they should secure home court against Chicago

very true.

We shall see who ends up atop the division.

If you would like to make an avatar bet or something akin to that i would be more than happy to with you.

any interest?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:blah:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.

We shall see who ends up atop the division.

If you would like to make an avatar bet or something akin to that i would be more than happy to with you.

any interest?

No I could careless who finishes with the better record. I was just stating that H2H means nothing in terms who gets HCA in the playoffs unless they end up with the same record

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe you are Riley's nephew and know what really happened-

but I can put "mike miller lebron unhappy amnestied" in my google search bar- and find no less than a dozen stories about it from reputable sources that directly contradict what you said.

When it comes to trusting the Sporting News, or SI, or CBS Sports, specifically-Windhorst of ESPN (not espn in general)- or you- i mean, its not a hard decision. I hope that does not offend you- its not meant to. It means that you are probably not in the best place to make an objective call and naturally lack the access that guys who get paid to do that job have.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amnesty

it just goes against everything that I have read or heard either directly through the mouth of LBJ in interviews- or through reporters close to the team.

From what i had heard and read is that James was upset Miller was amnestied when he had taken a pay cut to sign there.

and that James was EXTREMELY upset and depending on the account, got up and left a meeting in a huff between Arison and James after last season when they offered him less than a max in order to put a better team together- when he would not pony up to keep Miller- who James thought they missed in the playoffs that year.

You mean that same mouth who twice lied about the Love tweet and basically everything else about his FA reasoning?

EVERYONE who knows Mike, knows that he knew and the team knew what was coming and when.
It was the reason Mike sold his house the previous season.
I was with him at one of his charity events THE NIGHT it happened. The ONLY thing he cared about was the Cavs NOT claiming him off waivers.

Riley had secured and surrounded LeBron with Allen, Battier, Jones, and Lewis.
Miller would have played as much then as he does now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of his new teammates in Cleveland however, Mike Miller - a man with whom LeBron fostered a close relationship with during their time together at the Miami Heat - has added another layer of intrigue to the story today.

Speaking to Cleveland.com the veteran identified the Heat's 2013 decision to amnesty his contract as an example of LeBron's growing displeasure with the Miami front office's handling of affairs - an issue that was raised on several occasions this summer to explain James decision to jump ship.

"LeBron thought it was an unnecessary change," explained Miller when discussing the move which saved the Heat $17 million in salary and luxury tax but left them without a key role player and close personal friend of James.

"I'm not saying I would have been the difference-maker. San Antonio was unbelievable last year and there are a lot of things that go into a season, but it was difficult for LeBron.

"It was difficult for all of us. It was difficult for me. I had to uproot my family and move again. It was tough. I think he (LeBron) was disappointed because he understands legacies and he understands what he wants to do in life. That's what makes him special."

A close bond

When you look at what LeBron has had to say on Miller this past week, describing him as the closest teammate he has had in his career, it is hardly surprising that Miller's amnesty prior to the 2013-14 season after three years with the franchise left something of a sour taste.