• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Built not bought blowing it up

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say the Lakers shoukd do it, just that with things being how they are at the moment it’s not a lopsided trade. Davis can’t stay healthy and even when healthy he’s just not a guy that seems very motivated. Physically he has Giannis like capabilities, but he has nowhere close to the fire in his belly that Giannis does and that is why it would not be a terrible trade. That and the fact that he can’t stay on the court.

Would the Lakers be a legitimate contender with Westbrook, LeBron, Sabonis and Turner?

Keep in mind, the success they have had lately has been with super small ball led by LeBron at the 5.

AD and LeBron give the team a much higher ceiling. And the very fact that this deal may not be super lopsided at the moment is why it is a terrible trade for the Lakers.

You don’t win by selling at rock bottom for a premium asset like Anthony Davis.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the Lakers be a legitimate contender with Westbrook, LeBron, Sabonis and Turner?

Keep in mind, the success they have had lately has been with super small ball led by LeBron at the 5.

AD and LeBron give the team a much higher ceiling. And the very fact that this deal may not be super lopsided at the moment is why it is a terrible trade for the Lakers.

I guess I’m saying it’s became very debateable how premium the asset really is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I’m saying it’s became very debateable how premium the asset really is.

In your eyes.

But you are the same person who thinks 2 weeks of poor play completely overrides a career of of production.

So forgive me for taking your thoughts here with a grain of salt.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your eyes.

But you are the same person who thinks 2 weeks of poor play completely overrides a career of of production.

So forgive me for taking your thoughts here with a grain of salt.
Lmao, that’s funny shit

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say the Lakers shoukd do it, just that with things being how they are at the moment it’s not a lopsided trade. Davis can’t stay healthy and even when healthy he’s just not a guy that seems very motivated. Physically he has Giannis like capabilities, but he has nowhere close to the fire in his belly that Giannis does and that is why it would not be a terrible trade. That and the fact that he can’t stay on the court.

When was the last time you saw the Lakers deal one upper echelon player (even if you don't consider him still elite) for multiple players? It's almost always the opposite. If they do pursue a trade like that, more likely it involves Westbrook due to fit (and he's very difficult to move).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

They would still have fit issues. They would be bigger and slower and locked into playing big lineups.

Not a solution.

Turner helps their defense big time. Sabonis plays inside instead of AD who act like he is a shooting guard.

I would even add Holiday or Duarte

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner helps their defense big time. Sabonis plays inside instead of AD who act like he is a shooting guard.

I would even add Holiday or Duarte

The reason AD is playing perimeter ball is not because he can’t play inside. It is because they have to keep driving lanes open for LeBron and Russ.

Adding 2 bigs does not help that even of those bigs are capable shooters.

Turner is a good defender, but he isn’t as good or as versatile a defender as AD.

It isn’t a good idea.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could be a contender with Sabonis/Turner but obviously AD is the star player Lebron would need to truly bring a title imo. They won't make that trade and couldn't make that trade. That being said, AD could be one of those guys that falls off the map quick with injuries derailing his prime quickly...I could see it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could be a contender with Sabonis/Turner but obviously AD is the star player Lebron would need to truly bring a title imo. They won't make that trade and couldn't make that trade. That being said, AD could be one of those guys that falls off the map quick with injuries derailing his prime quickly...I could see it.

Sooo im not too crazy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo im not too crazy
Not crazy but I see a 0% of it happening obviously but the question was can they still contend.
Well if Lebron plays like this without AD, adding Sabonis and Turner is a huge lift.
Turner stretches the floor and is a top rim protector in league. Sabonis can give you 20-25 a night and he has a mid-range. His defense is average at best though. I think RW is still a decent fit with those two though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy but I see a 0% of it happening obviously but the question was can they still contend.
Well if Lebron plays like this without AD, adding Sabonis and Turner is a huge lift.
Turner stretches the floor and is a top rim protector in league. Sabonis can give you 20-25 a night and he has a mid-range. His defense is average at best though. I think RW is still a decent fit with those two though.

Lebron's recent run is with him playing C however. Does he become a spot up shooter with Sabonis and Turner clogging things up (not as bad as their current bigs of course, but they aren't getting any run)?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's recent run is with him playing C however. Does he become a spot up shooter with Sabonis and Turner clogging things up (not as bad as their current bigs of course, but they aren't getting any run)?
I mean he is shooting 37% from 3 but I would assume a lot of that is when he is handling the ball, from that aspect I don’t think it is too worrisome. Both those guys can spread the floor. I would worry about Sabonis clogging the paint more than Turner. Like I said, it doesn’t make them better with a healthy, star AD but with the way AD was playing before his injury this would have its’ advantages. I’m sure Bron does not want to play C long-term as well, just something he has to do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he is shooting 37% from 3 but I would assume a lot of that is when he is handling the ball, from that aspect I don’t think it is too worrisome. Both those guys can spread the floor. I would worry about Sabonis clogging the paint more than Turner. Like I said, it doesn’t make them better with a healthy, star AD but with the way AD was playing before his injury this would have its’ advantages. I’m sure Bron does not want to play C long-term as well, just something he has to do.

The Lakers are way better off betting on AD returning to the level of play he has been at for most of his career then that are trading him for 2 lesser players.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are way better off betting on AD returning to the level of play he has been at for most of his career then that are trading him for 2 lesser players.
Of course and like I said 0% chance they trade him but the injuries are enough with AD, if work ethic is another issue I don’t his peak lasting too much longer or maybe it’s over already. Who knows until we see him back suited up healthy. They need peak AD to have a chane at a title this year imo

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course and like I said 0% chance they trade him but the injuries are enough with AD, if work ethic is another issue I don’t his peak lasting too much longer or maybe it’s over already. Who knows until we see him back suited up healthy. They need peak AD to have a chane at a title this year imo
Funny thing is even a healthy AD would only provide a bandaid for the Pacers’ issues…

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is even a healthy AD would only provide a bandaid for the Pacers’ issues…
Jimmy Butler Reaction GIF by NBA