• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bucs post game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right on this one dean. The Skins offered this contract to Cousin's last year $21 million and he turned it down. Of course Allen made a big deal about how he was giving Cousin's the or one of the richest contracts in football. Everyone knew Allen was low balling Cousin's. So he over paid Smith with the same contract but more guaranteed years than what he offered Cousin's.

So the reason I say you may be right is because the Redskins weren't going to pay market value for a better QB. Instead they found a lesser QB who would jump at the chance to be paid more than he was worth.

What you are wrong about is the Redskins moved on from Cousin's without making him an offer. Instead they traded for Cousin's so an offer was never made. You can't say Cousin's turned them down since they had not made an offer since the previous season and Cousin's said he thought he would stay a Redskins. You can believe him or not but that is what he said.

True but the Redskins didn't want to go into FA waiting for KC decision. both sides had trouble in the past so they moved on and traded for Smith. Even if the Redskins offered a fully guaranteed contract like the Vikings did, it would be doubtful he would sign back here b/c of the history he had with Allen and Synder and he had a better shot at winning with Minn.

The Skins weren't willing to wait on KC he wanted to hit FA to get the most money. I don't blame him for that. The Skins had an opportunity to trade for Smith so they played it "safe" and made the move. I don't know people dont understand that on here.

Now if the Redskins somehow go farther than the Vikings in the playoffs who really won the battle?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that is saving Smith's ass this year is the teams record. Funny because other than TOs (which are important) he has done little to be the reason the team is winning. D, STs and Petersen are why the Redskins are winning.

I really don't care how they win, in the end winning trumps everything. Just don't give the credit to Smith.

Cousin's team is a half game back and if not for three missed FGs would be the same. You can't say Cousin's can't win either.

I agree. I never said the team is winning b/c of Smith. Its all about winning.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad hasn't bashed the team. He has pointed out that you did this same thing the past three years. His agenda is clear. You are getting some of your own medicine. To this point Smith is a below average QB and Cousin's is an above average QB. The FO screwed the pooch on this move. Who knows, maybe Smith improves as time goes on.

im not. I have always critized Smiths play this year. Dad thinks we traded Darrel Green in his prime when we traded Fuller. I disagreed and said Moreau and Dunbar will step up and they have been doing that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying anything new but for the most part I keep you on ignore dean. There are several reasons for that. You don't have the courage of your convictions first of all. Secondly when you are shown to be wrong about personnel decisions you back track and say you didn't say something you did or change the parameters etc. etc. Most here (not all) will eat some crow when they are wrong. Not you.

Additionally I have been watching you say you don't have game pass so you are going by highlights. HUH??? You can't know what happened if you don't watch the game.

Cooper did have two holding calls. Having said that not only people on this forum but real live national football figures were impressed with a guy who had two or three days practice. A parallel would be go to a foreign country that no one speaks English at all and see if you can fully assimilate in three days. Sure you know how to do all the things people know to survive but how do you communicate it.

that is a lie. I watch the whole game live every week. I do not have game pass so I cant critique every play. I stated those two holding calls were huge. Of course Cooper can get better I was just commenting on the game from Sunday.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why don't you search engine your prediction of record for this team this year.
10-6 as it has been . my point as you well know is i expect BKL to have us in the NFC title game . have said it dozens of times because i believe KC takes this team to 1 win in the playoffs

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but the Redskins didn't want to go into FA waiting for KC decision. both sides had trouble in the past so they moved on and traded for Smith. Even if the Redskins offered a fully guaranteed contract like the Vikings did, it would be doubtful he would sign back here b/c of the history he had with Allen and Synder and he had a better shot at winning with Minn.

The Skins weren't willing to wait on KC he wanted to hit FA to get the most money. I don't blame him for that. The Skins had an opportunity to trade for Smith so they played it "safe" and made the move. I don't know people dont understand that on here.

Now if the Redskins somehow go farther than the Vikings in the playoffs who really won the battle?
KC said from his own mouth he expected to be a washington redskin this year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will say that having fuller in there over johnson would have been a plus . to deny our secondary would have been better is to deny tape .

ooops thats right dean you dont have game pass so you base a conclusion on incomplete data and cover it up with exaggeration

the FO panicked and they didnt have the savy to let it play out

you said i would get 2017 alex , instead we got 1st year 49er alex

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 as it has been . my point as you well know is i expect BKL to have us in the NFC title game . have said it dozens of times because i believe KC takes this team to 1 win in the playoffs

ludicrous expectation but fine. A 10 win season and playoff appearance is an improvement for this team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will say that having fuller in there over johnson would have been a plus . to deny our secondary would have been better is to deny tape .

ooops thats right dean you dont have game pass so you base a conclusion on incomplete data and cover it up with exaggeration

the FO panicked and they didnt have the savy to let it play out

you said i would get 2017 alex , instead we got 1st year 49er alex

season is not over yet. I watch every game live. said that from the beginning.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season is not over yet. I watch every game live. said that from the beginning.
and as i have said from the beginning you make proclamations based on incomplete data thus making them faulty . which is the point

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ludicrous expectation but fine. A 10 win season and playoff appearance is an improvement for this team.

i gave you my standard . it has been my standard . and it contradicts the implication that i had us having a losing record which was the lame point you were trying to pass off as fact

and isnt believing my team is capable of making the NFC title game a show of belief in my team . maybe even some homerism ?

the funny thing i how much you have walked back your selling points from the off season when guys like shark and me KNEW what the production was going to be way back in march

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gave you my standard . it has been my standard . and it contradicts the implication that i had us having a losing record which was the lame point you were trying to pass off as fact

and isnt believing my team is capable of making the NFC title game a show of belief in my team . maybe even some homerism ?

the funny thing i how much you have walked back your selling points from the off season when guys like shark and me KNEW what the production was going to be way back in march

you and shark and others have been bashing since the trade. Many posters on here predicted losing records. How can you say you are behind this team when you were one of the bashers? I don't get it. From what I remember you thought we were a playoff team WITH KC. When I said we can win WITHOUT KC the haters pounced. Now that we are winning without KC the trade bashers want to take credit? No way.

I understand Smith is not carrying this team. But the haters from the offseason shouldn't get credit at all. What proclamations? Right after the game I made a statement about Coppers 2 holding calls that cost us big. You and others take that as writing the guy off forever. 2 holding calls are not incomplete data.

I don't have the luxury of game pass to watch every play and dissect it. Bottom line is we need the oline to play better to have continued success for the rest of the season. That is the whole point.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and shark and others have been bashing since the trade. Many posters on here predicted losing records. How can you say you are behind this team when you were one of the bashers? I don't get it. From what I remember you thought we were a playoff team WITH KC. When I said we can win WITHOUT KC the haters pounced. Now that we are winning without KC the trade bashers want to take credit? No way.

I understand Smith is not carrying this team. But the haters from the offseason shouldn't get credit at all. What proclamations? Right after the game I made a statement about Coppers 2 holding calls that cost us big. You and others take that as writing the guy off forever. 2 holding calls are not incomplete data.

I don't have the luxury of game pass to watch every play and dissect it. Bottom line is we need the oline to play better to have continued success for the rest of the season. That is the whole point.
You said he would carry the team . And again your week in week out bashing of KC is the same thing happening this year. Yet you are good and we are bad ? How can you say you were behind the team when you bashed KC for 3 years ? Pot calling kettle black again ? With KC this team is 6-3 or better , I think better and again colt McCoy could have us a 6-3, so could Keenum. So could bridgewater . Your evaluation and love of smith is solely based on your disdain of. KC . Can’t be game tape because you don’t have access to it and somehow you can’t evaluate the tons posted on here daily

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he would carry the team . And again your week in week out bashing of KC is the same thing happening this year. Yet you are good and we are bad ? How can you say you were behind the team when you bashed KC for 3 years ? Pot calling kettle black again ? With KC this team is 6-3 or better , I think better and again colt McCoy could have us a 6-3, so could Keenum. So could bridgewater . Your evaluation and love of smith is solely based on your disdain of. KC . Can’t be game tape because you don’t have access to it and somehow you can’t evaluate the tons posted on here daily

WHAT!!!! I critiqued KC when he had bad games and thrown the game winning INT. Never bashed the team. Never bashed KC for that matter. I complimented him when he played well. I was one of the original ones who wanted KC in there over RG3 and McCoy so I dont know where this is coming from.

I liked the trade considering the CIRCUMSTANCES. You still dont understand this. You can disagree with the trade. that is fine. But you and others went ahead and bashed the organization. If you like KC that much why not go be a Vikings fan. It is so clear to see you loved him over this team.

Don't even question my fan hood skinsdad. What I have seen from you and others write about this team is just down right dis graceful. Now that we are on our way to a 10 win season and possible division championship you and others are still sounding off. You have to be kidding me

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what you don't understand. The Redskins traded and never took a chance on resigning Cousin's. This is no big shock to anyone. They tagged him twice because they would not give him a long term contract that wasn't a joke. Clearly they did not want the guy. So instead they over paid for smith and traded two resources to get him. Tremendous fail by the FO.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you don't understand. The Redskins traded and never took a chance on resigning Cousin's. This is no big shock to anyone. They tagged him twice because they would not give him a long term contract that wasn't a joke. Clearly they did not want the guy. So instead they over paid for smith and traded two resources to get him. Tremendous fail by the FO.

If KC really wanted to be here he would of countered Allens low ball offer. Since he didn't he wanted to hit FA and he got his wish and it paid off for him. Simple as that. The Redskins were not going to get into a bidding war with teams offering guaranteed contracts in FA. So they moved on. Hence the Smith trade.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KC really wanted to be here he would of countered Allens low ball offer. Since he didn't he wanted to hit FA and he got his wish and it paid off for him. Simple as that. The Redskins were not going to get into a bidding war with teams offering guaranteed contracts in FA. So they moved on. Hence the Smith trade.
he didnt need to counter offer anything . he said over and over he expected to be in DC and you didnt critque him ,you bashed him and ignored film showing he wasnt at fault . you blamed him for crappy defenses and you were drooling over possible draft picks you could get for him ,

much like long and murphy you didnt like them and you campaigned to have them gone talking about what they could have done better . over and over again

i still remember you bitching about a TD pass he threw off his back foot for weeks on end

we also remember the continuous goal post moving you did as well

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he didnt need to counter offer anything . he said over and over he expected to be in DC and you didnt critque him ,you bashed him and ignored film showing he wasnt at fault . you blamed him for crappy defenses and you were drooling over possible draft picks you could get for him ,

much like long and murphy you didnt like them and you campaigned to have them gone talking about what they could have done better . over and over again

i still remember you bitching about a TD pass he threw off his back foot for weeks on end

we also remember the continuous goal post moving you did as well

I wanted the draft picks b/c I KNEW we were going to lose unlike you

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying he didn't counter in 2017? He accepted the tag which the Redskins put on him. He knew he was being low balled. He had no chance to counter in 2018, the Redskins traded for and over paid Smith therefore freeing Cousin's to go elsewhere. What is there to not understand.

You can say and believe he wasn't going to sign here but you don't know that. We only know two things for sure. The Redskins did not make an offer to him in 2018 and he said he thought he would still be a Redskins. Anything else is conjecture. It is also a fact that had the Redskins offered Cousin's a 5 year $21 million a year contract at the end of 2015 they would have had him for three more years at that number. Once again a poor job of personnel management by the Redskins.

By the way, I agree with dad. If you don't like the guy grow a pair and say that and start with all the ridiculous side arguments. To this point Smith is in the bottom third of NFL QBs while Cousin's is in the top third.

Maybe Smith turns into the Smith of last year and not the career Smith but I doubt it.

Last edited: