• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bucs post game

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I will take the win but let’s not kid ourselves , BKL isn’t what we were sold on . Not even close

But a win is a win and a 2 game lead in the division and a 6-2 conference record is a great thing . 2-0 in the division is another plus

In the end we gave up a starter and a draft pick for a lateral transfer

A lateral transfer implies that what we just got. Was as good as what we just let walk away.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team wins and loses ugly, that is their character this season, but maybe we shouldn't play the "if not for..." or "if it wasn't for..." game, because it applies to every game win or lose. A good example is, If it wasn't for those six touchdowns and a FG, against us, we would have won the New Orleans game.:D:suds:

Been saying for a few weeks this team plays like the old days of George Allen with Billy Kilmer, Larry Brown and a great D. They win ugly close defensive battles where the offense does just enough to win.

As some have said stats don't win games, the yardage in the game was almost 2-1 for Tampa but the TO stats were in favor of the Redskins.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa you were on point. Since seeing your post where you offered up that bet to countryside. I've read probably 3 different times that no NFL team. Has ever racked up 500+ yards in a game and only came up with 3 points to show for it.

I gotta say. Its nice to finally end up on the right side of one of these wacky stats.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if we are better off with him over CT

Far as skill-set and big play potential goes I seriously doubt it. Far as availability and being able to stay injury-free. I don't know about that either but my general feeling about it is. Bibbs would probably be more available/dependable in this category, but not by much.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I will take the win but let’s not kid ourselves , BKL isn’t what we were sold on . Not even close

But a win is a win and a 2 game lead in the division and a 6-2 conference record is a great thing . 2-0 in the division is another plus

In the end we gave up a starter and a draft pick for a lateral transfer
Got to disagree. There was no lateral transfer. We took a huge step back. I'll say it now, if we had KC at QB still, we would be ranked in the top 5 in power ranking and mentioned as a possible Super Bowl contender.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win is a win. HTTR

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has been here since OTAs, training camp, preseason, over half a season and he's still looked like a pile of wet dog-shit on top of a pile of wet moose shit for long stretches of every game this year so far. The new OL guys have been here what? A week? Give them the same leeway you give Alex Smith and gave Paul Richardson. And speaking of PR. I've come to believe he has some skills and his biggest issue s lack of opportunity that said. There is no reasonable explanation as to why you think Richardson has given us a legitimate deep threat. He most certainly has not and I'll show you.

Football | NFL | Leaders - Big Play Passes - washingtonpost.com

That link shows the number of big play passes (pass plays of 25 yards or more) each QB has this year. Alex Smith has a total of 9 big pass plays. Even with Adrian Peterson, who is currently 6th in the NFL in rushing yards and tied for 4th in the league in big play runs (runs of 10 yards or more) with 18 to his credit. And a defense that imo isn't as good as some stats indicate it is, but is an improved unit. Holding opponents to 17 or less points in all 6 of its victories this year. So with all that to work with. Alex Smith has still only managed to complete 9 passes of 25 yards or more.

And if you notice. All the QBs in the NFC with less than 9 big passing plays have not played the entire season and only one QB, Marcus Mariotta, that's started from week 1 up to now has less big passes than Smith. Smith has been a shit-show now for 9 weeks and as a team we only have 9 pass plays of 25 yards or more. Richardson is a part of 3 of those passes. A 25 yarder, a 34 yarder and a 46 yarder.......in 8 games. He averaged 13 yards per catch on 20 catches and averaged 37 rec yards per game. That simply put does not make for a deep threat. I don't give a shit how the burgundy n gold pop on those rose covered glasses of yours. Or at the very least. Put em back on when you get ready to talk shit about 3 dudes who weren't even on the team 8 or 9 days ago.

Much worst QB's in the NFL besides Smith. If Smith hits Davis on that long bomb how the hell could you bash him for yesterday's QB play? He hits that pass that would have been a solid game from Smith and would of sealed the win in the late 4th qtr. Im not saying he is playing great but he is not playing bad. You are over reacting with these stats right now.

PR was our only deep threat on this team. This is what I am saying. He was the fastest WR on this team. Losing him is a big loss. How the hell can you argue this? There is no legit deep threat on this team right now.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much worst QB's in the NFL besides Smith. If Smith hits Davis on that long bomb how the hell could you bash him for yesterday's QB play? He hits that pass that would have been a solid game from Smith and would of sealed the win in the late 4th qtr. Im not saying he is playing great but he is not playing bad. You are over reacting with these stats right now.

Not playing bad?

PR was our only deep threat on this team. This is what I am saying. He was the fastest WR on this team. Losing him is a big loss. How the hell can you argue this? There is no legit deep threat on this team right now.

I wasan't arguing about whedther or not

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying for a few weeks this team plays like the old days of George Allen with Billy Kilmer, Larry Brown and a great D. They win ugly close defensive battles where the offense does just enough to win.

As some have said stats don't win games, the yardage in the game was almost 2-1 for Tampa but the TO stats were in favor of the Redskins.

The defense from yesterday reminded me of the 2012 defense - lots of yds surrendered but lots of turnovers that helped keep the scores to a minimum. Of course the Bucs contributed to that.

Moving fwd they will certainly need to do better - we will see. Who knows.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he hit Davis on that long bomb? If?? I'd be happy if he could just hit any receiver on an intermediate route. The reality is that yesterday was probably his second best game as a Redskin. Think about that. What we saw yesterday from him is about as good as we can expect. If anyone believes that this level of play from a QB is acceptable, they are not being realistic. We can not hang with the likes of Philly, LA or the Saints with this type of offensive production. We will get killed. And these are the teams that we need to be able to play with if we even want to think about post season play.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, we sound like we are giving the D a pass here. We should understand how lucky we were. We got a pick in the end zone and a fumble bounced through the end zone giving us a touchback without even getting a recovery.

We gave up over 500 yards of offense. We had under 300 yards of offense. We only scored 16 points but we forced 4 turnovers...on a defense that gives up 35 ppg.

Did you actually watch the game? It sure doesn't sound like it. The first INT was a great play by Norman (granted an inaccurate throw by Fitz). The fumble that you mentioned did not go through the end zone (see the 7:35 mark of the attached clip). Dix recovered it in the end zone & Anderson made a great play to force the fumble.

I agree that the D played poorly for most of the game, but let's at least give some credit where it is due. I was very upset with the Skins for most of yesterday, but I believe that you can give some credit for a gutty effort. Oh well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC would have hit davis and numerous other passes BKL cant seem to make so would fitz , and keenum or TB . BKL is in decline , it was a dumb trade just fess up to it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the 1st INT was a better play by Mason who got depth and caused Fitz to throw over him and ended up too high and over the receivers head. Norman was beat but the overthrow went right into his hands. The Strohman pick was a good read by 37, looks like he did his film work on that play.

Sometimes you have to be lucky to win. Tampa was moving up and down the field but kept shooting themselves in the foot. Give credit to the D for forcing TOs and giving the offense good field position. Still only one TD. Great play by Smith on the TD pass and credit Dox for continuing to work to get open.

It looks like smoke and mirrors but when you look at the standings the record says 6-3 with a 2 game lead in the division. Beat Dallas and the Iggles in the next three weeks and the division is pretty much the Redskins.

The team still makes me nervous. Smith looks a little lost. One TD a game is not a good recipe for winning but so far it is working. We all know in the end it is about wins and losses and so far they are handling their business there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hit Davis on that long bomb? If?? I'd be happy if he could just hit any receiver on an intermediate route. The reality is that yesterday was probably his second best game as a Redskin. Think about that. What we saw yesterday from him is about as good as we can expect. If anyone believes that this level of play from a QB is acceptable, they are not being realistic. We can not hang with the likes of Philly, LA or the Saints with this type of offensive production. We will get killed. And these are the teams that we need to be able to play with if we even want to think about post season play.
what dean wont accept is BKL isnt giving us anywhere near what he said we would get . we were sold we were getting 2017 alex , not 1st year 49er alex . the contract is bad , losing fuller (who we could have used yesterday ) was bad and losing that 3rd rounder (for much needed o/lineman ) is bad

i will take the win but dont tell me CK or TB or even Fitz couldnt have gotten us here . hell maybe even colt

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the 1st INT was a better play by Mason who got depth and caused Fitz to throw over him and ended up too high and over the receivers head. Norman was beat but the overthrow went right into his hands. The Strohman pick was a good read by 37, looks like he did his film work on that play.

Sometimes you have to be lucky to win. Tampa was moving up and down the field but kept shooting themselves in the foot. Give credit to the D for forcing TOs and giving the offense good field position. Still only one TD. Great play by Smith on the TD pass and credit Dox for continuing to work to get open.

It looks like smoke and mirrors but when you look at the standings the record says 6-3 with a 2 game lead in the division. Beat Dallas and the Iggles in the next three weeks and the division is pretty much the Redskins.

The team still makes me nervous. Smith looks a little lost. One TD a game is not a good recipe for winning but so far it is working. We all know in the end it is about wins and losses and so far they are handling their business there.

Good analysis. Yep - they kind of make me nervous & piss me off at times. However it is kind of gravy at this time. IMO it is a miracle that they can do anything on offense at this time w/ that patchwork O line. Hats off to Callahan for doing an outstanding job in getting these guys prepared to at least not be a total disaster. AP is also doing very well all things considered. Anyone who still believes that obtaining him was not an outstanding move is nuts.

I have no expectations at this time - we just have to wait & see & the game this week vs. Texans will be a good test. They could get slaughtered or they could surprise. Who the hell knows.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you actually watch the game? It sure doesn't sound like it. The first INT was a great play by Norman (granted an inaccurate throw by Fitz). The fumble that you mentioned did not go through the end zone (see the 7:35 mark of the attached clip). Dix recovered it in the end zone & Anderson made a great play to force the fumble.

I agree that the D played poorly for most of the game, but let's at least give some credit where it is due. I was very upset with the Skins for most of yesterday, but I believe that you can give some credit for a gutty effort. Oh well.

I will admit to not watching because I was at work. I was following it. Now, we can review what we did right or what TB did wrong, and what simply went our way. On the interception by Norman, was it a great play by Norman or was the receiver open and the throw was errant? Well, a reasonably accurate throw is a first down from inside the five. It was a nice catch by Norman but the play was 5here for TB.

Catanzaro misses a chip shot.

Bad snap pushes TB back and Catanzaro misses another FG.

Finally, it was a nice play by Anderson; however, it was still very good fortune the ball went straight down the middle of the field for thirty yards. The original online call was fumble through the end zone and it was close...either way our ball.

Now, those are extremely good fortune plays and had little to do with our skill. From there, offensively, we were atrocious again. TB gives up 400 yards per game and 35 PPG. We had under 200 yards and only scored 16.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit to not watching because I was at work. I was following it. Now, we can review what we did right or what TB did wrong, and what simply went our way. On the interception by Norman, was it a great play by Norman or was the receiver open and the throw was errant? Well, a reasonably accurate throw is a first down from inside the five. It was a nice catch by Norman but the play was 5here for TB.

Catanzaro misses a chip shot.

Bad snap pushes TB back and Catanzaro misses another FG.

Finally, it was a nice play by Anderson; however, it was still very good fortune the ball went straight down the middle of the field for thirty yards. The original online call was fumble through the end zone and it was close...either way our ball.

Now, those are extremely good fortune plays and had little to do with our skill. From there, offensively, we were atrocious again. TB gives up 400 yards per game and 35 PPG. We had under 200 yards and only scored 16.

i will take the good fortune . in the past it was in short supply