• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks will be a force next year

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs got better sure, but they still aren't a championship team. But we all saw when they traded for Rondo how much they like to buy into hype. The "best starting 5 in the West" mantra died off pretty quickly.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCW-Middleton-Greek Freak-Parker-Monroe
Good luck spacing the floor with that lineup. Middleton is the only player I would care about shooting. Just give tons of space to the other players and no one can drive, pass or post up. Nowadays, you have to have shooters so there's space to drive and pass.

Piston fans all know how important it is to space the floor. Get rid of Josh Smith, suddenly Brandon Jennings looks like an all star because he has the space to drive into the lane and more open windows to fit his passes in. Later in the season, Monroe goes down for a while and suddenly Reggie Jackson plays at an all star level.

There's a reason small ball works.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know the real reason for the quick turnaround; Mallory Edens

screen-shot-2014-11-25-at-1-10-35-pm.png

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs got better sure, but they still aren't a championship team. But we all saw when they traded for Rondo how much they like to buy into hype. The "best starting 5 in the West" mantra died off pretty quickly.

They are good, but still lack a PG obviously. In the West it's kinda important to have one of those…

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCW-Middleton-Greek Freak-Parker-Monroe
Good luck spacing the floor with that lineup. Middleton is the only player I would care about shooting. Just give tons of space to the other players and no one can drive, pass or post up. Nowadays, you have to have shooters so there's space to drive and pass.

Piston fans all know how important it is to space the floor. Get rid of Josh Smith, suddenly Brandon Jennings looks like an all star because he has the space to drive into the lane and more open windows to fit his passes in. Later in the season, Monroe goes down for a while and suddenly Reggie Jackson plays at an all star level.

There's a reason small ball works.

It's not like they are all back to the basket guys, they can create their own shots for the most part. Monroe on the block and mid-range, Parker can shoot along with Middleton, MCW and Giannis are the only two that aren't shooters on their team. Mayo and Vasquez are also off the bench so they could help speed the floor.

Look at Memphis… they don't really have any shooters outside of Courtney Lee and they did just fine without playing small ball. Bucks are very versatile and can mix things up. They won 41 games last year without Parker for most of the year and with no Monroe.

Factor in how young they are and they'll only get better.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying Mike Conley can't shoot?

I like what the Bucks are doing but I think they still have a trade in them

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like they are all back to the basket guys, they can create their own shots for the most part. Monroe on the block and mid-range, Parker can shoot along with Middleton, MCW and Giannis are the only two that aren't shooters on their team. Mayo and Vasquez are also off the bench so they could help speed the floor.

Look at Memphis… they don't really have any shooters outside of Courtney Lee and they did just fine without playing small ball. Bucks are very versatile and can mix things up. They won 41 games last year without Parker for most of the year and with no Monroe.

Factor in how young they are and they'll only get better.
They also had Knight to space the floor at PG before the trade. Monroe can't shoot a mid range jumpshot to save his life. His best shooting percentage in a year on jumpers is 31% and majority of them are uncontested. He's a good passer from the elbow and that's it.

Parker has yet to prove he can shoot the 3 pointer in the NBA. The 25% from last season is horrible.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying Mike Conley can't shoot?

I like what the Bucks are doing but I think they still have a trade in them

My point is you don't need a ton of shooters to have a good offense. Memphis plays to it's strengths and has had success. Conley can shoot for sure, but let's be real, that offense revolves around their low post game and grind it out tempo.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is that giannis jumper looks really good

ArmourAll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Jason Kidd has had any significant contribution in this positive direction and talent level of the Bucks.

Oh no doubt, the difference from 2014 to 2015 was 26 wins (15-67 to 41-41). The bucks had their best season since 2010 last year and they're only getting better. Jason Kidd also coached the 2014 Nets to 44 wins and a first round series win against Toronto. Jason Kidd has been a great coach for two NBA teams and will continue to prove himself as a great coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have one of the biggest starting 5 in the league.

ArmourAll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have one of the biggest starting 5 in the league.
If only they still had Sanders. But Jason Kidd has constructed a lineup which consists of lanky pesky players who can get to where they want on the court and can finish because of the size advantage. It will be refreshing to see a lineup like this do well against some of the small ball lineups across the league.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What trades do you have in mind?
Trade a backup big for a true PG. I almost like Mayo more the MCW for that team at PG. Memphis has been mentioned a couple of times but whenever they hit the playoffs, good teams force Tony Allen to the bench. MCW would have to be a prime Rondo passer to be worth it. They do have the right coach but to be a great team I think Jabari Parker also has to live up to his upside.

I think theyll finish 3 or 4 in the east next year