• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks offseason possibilities

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only that by you saying "everyone", you mean "anyone" that reeds the same as you ...can!

In English grammar (and therefore in contracts - especially in contracts) you can't wright "garanteed fully" in a text... you would have to write "fully guaranteed" so that it can be valid... I hope you understand... otherwise stop here quoting me, or go speak with others who speak the same language as you...

I doubt the cavs will offer him in a deal and team they call says, "but wait....there's this guy in SportsHoopla who says the deal isn't what you are telling us. we'll pass."

You thought Snell was a better trade chip than JR. You were wrong. Even if the contract is exactly as you were saying (it's not).

Odds now 775-1.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this.....

Cavaliers Trade Rumors: JR Smith's Contract of Interest to Teams Clearing Cap

"Even though the CBA has changed, Smith's contract was grandfathered in, which allows the Cavs to take back a high-priced salary (more than $15 million) while the other team is only on the hook for $3.8 million. Other deals signed after 2016 would only work for the guaranteed amount on the contract when it comes to matching salaries—not nearly as appealing in trades. Smith's contract is the only one of its kind."

455-1 it's in you to say you were wrong.

It's wrong on two things...

1. The author reads English like... you (and many others) do!
2. It's not the "best contract" but only if used on a "sign and trade", it then is... the "2nd (but by far behind the 1st) best contract in the league... Best is Hill's contract with the Cavs which now belongs to the Bucks... (look it up)...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade has to be completed before free agency begins.
Exactly! Or a "sign and trade" that happens on July the 1st and later, because then the new team writes in their book the new (much smaller) contract, while the trade "counts" under the CBA rules of 125% on the previous value the player had on the contract that expired!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's wrong on two things...

1. The author reads English like... you (and many others) do!
2. It's not the "best contract" but only if used on a "sign and trade", it then is... the "2nd (but by far behind the 1st) best contract in the league... Best is Hill's contract with the Cavs which now belongs to the Bucks... (look it up)...
3. Make the contract however you choose for next year...it's a better deal for the team than paying Snell $10 mil+ for 2 years.

And how is Hill's contract "the best"? Better than Clarkson at $5 mil less? Better than Lou williams' deal? Randle?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Or a "sign and trade" that happens on July the 1st!
And? You were correct as the deal needs to get done by June 30. However, you were wrong in thining it cannot. You get this is a good thing as no other player but JR can be traded?

“We have a trade chip in JR Smith, and his contract, where we can take on some money that other teams are trying to get some cap relief from,” general manager Koby Altman said recently. “We are actually the only team in the NBA that can provide guaranteed cap relief until July 1. We can guarantee that right now and we actually had a phone call yesterday on that trade chip, so, we’re going to keep on being aggressive adding those assets because we do eventually want to consolidate and be really good at some point.”

If Smith gets waived by June 30, a team could either leave the $3.8 million on its cap for the 2019-20 season or stretch it, spreading the guaranteed money across three years at a rate of $1.29 million. Financial flexibility can’t be easily attained prior to July 1. The Cavs provide that path. In most cases, the Cavs are seeking a first-round pick. If the selection is a late first, similar to the one they received from Houston, they would ask for a young player on a rookie deal or a second draft pick in the future. It’s all about adding assets (picks and players) for this lengthy rebuild.

But you go ahead and think snell is a better deal for a team.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Make the contract however you choose for next year...it's a better deal for the team than paying Snell $10 mil+ for 2 years.

And how is Hill's contract "the best"? Better than Clarkson at $5 mil less? Better than Lou williams' deal? Randle?

Lets be clear with J.R. Smith 1st... J.R. Smith has been retained by the Cavs because ...nobody wants him! ...He will be paid 3.7M and then be a free agent, but if he agrees with the Cavs on a "sign and trade"... he can have another million (or whatever other value he negotiates) "falling out of the sky" in his pocket and then if (and only if) used on a "sign and trade" his trade value will count at his... previous contract (16M) Under the CBA 125% rules... Is that clear to you after you insisted on the opposite?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? You were correct as the deal needs to get done by June 30. However, you were wrong in thining it cannot. You get this is a good thing as no other player but JR can be traded?

“We have a trade chip in JR Smith, and his contract, where we can take on some money that other teams are trying to get some cap relief from,” general manager Koby Altman said recently. “We are actually the only team in the NBA that can provide guaranteed cap relief until July 1. We can guarantee that right now and we actually had a phone call yesterday on that trade chip, so, we’re going to keep on being aggressive adding those assets because we do eventually want to consolidate and be really good at some point.”

If Smith gets waived by June 30, a team could either leave the $3.8 million on its cap for the 2019-20 season or stretch it, spreading the guaranteed money across three years at a rate of $1.29 million. Financial flexibility can’t be easily attained prior to July 1. The Cavs provide that path. In most cases, the Cavs are seeking a first-round pick. If the selection is a late first, similar to the one they received from Houston, they would ask for a young player on a rookie deal or a second draft pick in the future. It’s all about adding assets (picks and players) for this lengthy rebuild.

But you go ahead and think snell is a better deal for a team.
They mean if he agrees on a "sign and trade"... (which he has no reason not to do as it is money "falling off the sky" for him)... understand now?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be clear with J.R. Smith 1st... J.R. Smith has been retained by the Cavs because ...nobody wants him! ...He will be paid 3.7M and then be a free agent, but if he agrees with the Cavs on a "sign and trade"... he can have another million (or whatever other value he negotiates) "falling out of the sky" in his pocket and then if (and only if) used on a "sign and trade" his trade value will count at his... previous contract (16M) Under the CBA 125% rules... Is that clear to you after you insisted on the opposite?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mean if he agrees on a sign and trade... (which he has no reason not to do as it is money "falling off the sky" for him)... understand now?
I do...you don't get it. Smith can be moved wherever the Cavs want. Chances are team that acquires him will release him. they just want the cap relief. They can deal 15 mil or so in return for 3.8, and the 3.8 expires after next season.

Smith is the only player with a contract like this. Seems you get it needs to be done by 7/1. How can they do a sign and trade when no one else can be signed?

But you take Snell's $20+ for 2 instead if you want.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-with the cost of 3&D wings rising all the time, Snell's salary at 11.7M next season and his efficiency at both ends of the floor, make him a desirable player for many teams that are in need to add a 3&d wing.

- I guess AD won't want to leave the Pelicans anymore after the lottery results, nor Jrue Holiday is an option anymore.

- Bojan Bogdanovic will be what the Bucks will be primarily after, if they are forced to let Middleton go due to disagreement on his contract renewal.

- Other players that the Bucks are considering (and I forgot to mention before) are Kelly Oumbre and having back ...Jabari Parker (!!!)

- The final this season will be GSW against the Bucks, both teams with "3 towers" tactics on the floor... "3 towers" is better than "3 guards" but only if the "big" SF is an excellent shooter and has "fast legs" so that he can guard fast small guards... "3 towers" is ideal especially in a team that has Giannis in it's roster, because he attracts a "big" to guard him and takes "load off" Giannis on offense, but also, collects more rebounds and increases the defense efficiency due to guarding both the periphery better due to his size and length (and again the fast legs).

-Clearly some people misjudge the importance that Khris Middleton has for the Bucks, although a Bledsoe, Brogdon, Mirotic, Giannis, Lopez line-up would be the most efficient the Bucks can play having Giannis on the court. It's all a matter of "team chemistry"...

- Mirotic was no where near to his "full power" performace ability up to now playing with the Bucks... This is explainable, because he is adapting himself to a completely new role than he ever has played before in the NBA, but also to a team that is playing different tactics than any other in the NBA... His injury that kept him out for a month after he joined the Bucks, hasn't helped either.

More... Mirotic has played at SF in all his basketball career before he joined the Bulls in the NBA (at both Real Madrid and his National team), he also started his NBA career with the Bulls playing SF (but at a team with completely different floor tactics than todays Bucks) for a few months, before Thibs moved him to PF... He hasn't played SF at all for four years now... His basketball IQ, ballhandling, ability to run the floor in transaction, playmaking and defending are all hidden when he plays PF...

Wrong on snell. He is a bad contract.

Wrong on Davis. He still wants to be traded. Said it last night

If you want to pay Bojan 18-20 million instead of paying Middleton 32, then good luck with that.

Oubre is a good 3 and D wing target. But again, I think you would try to add him to what you have. But since he is a restricted FA, you would probably have to grossly overpay to land him. I don't think that would be wise.

3 towers better than 3 guards? Have you not watched the NBA over the past few years? If the Bucks play Mirotec and Lopez together for more than 8-10 minutes a game against GS, I will be shocked. And GS will tear that unit apart. And Mirotec may be fast when compared to Lopez, but he is not fast.

Nope

Nope

And there really is no such thing as a SF anymore. You are either a guard, wing or a big. Basketball in 2019 is moving more and more positionless. So it doesn't matter what position Mirotec plays, what matters is whether he can defend the guy he is matched up with.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do...you don't get it. Smith can be moved wherever the Cavs want. Chances are team that acquires him will release him. they just want the cap relief. They can deal 15 mil or so in return for 3.8, and the 3.8 expires after next season.

But you take Snell's $20+ for 2 instead if you want.

Jesus... you obviously can't understand what a "sign and trade" is... LOOK IT UP! "Sign and trade" means that the Cavs will pay J.R. Smith near 4M, then another (say) 1m on his new contract and then (after they've payed some 5M) they get back a bad contract!

Therefore J.R. Smith has value only if it is on a 3 team deal where he is used as salary filler... Understand now?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus... you obviously can't understand what a "sign and trade" is... LOOK IT UP! "Sign and trade" means that the Cavs will pay J.R. Smith near 4M, then another (say) 1m on his new contract and then (after they've payed some 5M) they get back a bad contract!

Therefore J.R. Smith has value only if it is on a 3 team deal where he is used as salary filler... Understand now?
I do understand wat a sign and trade is...this isn't one, and not in you to say so. If a team is looking to shed salary, they can send around $15 mil (roughly JR's current deal) to the Cavs and likely a pick and take back Smith. They are only obligated to pay JR 3.8 mil next season. And nothing beyond next season.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand wat a sign and trade is...this isn't one, and not in you to say so. If a team is looking to shed salary, they can send around $15 mil (roughly JR's current deal) to the Cavs and likely a pick and take back Smith. They are only obligated to pay JR 3.8 mil next season. And nothing beyond next season.

OK... Now on Hill's contract (that is of very similar terms as it was also done by the Cavs) the difference is that the guarantee is only 1M, but the salary is ...19M! Therefore the "sign & trade" value of Hill is of ...19M!!! Despite that Hill's next salary will be some 4-6M (because of his age) and even more... The demand for Hill is high!

But the "sign and trade" can only be done on July the 1st and no other day... because otherwise the player (either J.R. Smith or Hill) cannot be signed back with the same team unless it is a year later if waived, or, if he is on a new contract that is not "sign and trade", his value will be the one of the new contract and he can't be traded until Dec the 15th...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.

I am going to state the obvious here.

Milwaukee's "3 towers" lineup is not quick enough to defend Toronto. It would get eviscerated by the Warriors.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.

Milwaukee's "3 towers" lineup is not quick enough to defend Toronto. It would get eviscerated by the Warriors.

I don't think they will make the finals but if bucks somehow upset Toronto. They will bring brogdan to start

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.

I hope you had your answer tonight against the Raps... I hate to say that your "basketball IQ" is next below than zero...

Bucks did bring Brogdon up, but it was always when replacing Khris... either with 3 guards, or with 3 towers line up...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you had your answer tonight against the Raps... I hate to say that your "basketball IQ" is next below than zero...

Bucks did bring Brogdon up, but it was always when replacing Khris... either with 3 guards, or with 3 towers line up...

Your 3 towers lineup with Mirotic and Lopez was not effective tonight.

Mirotic was -5 in a game you won by 8. Brogdon was plus 18. Not exactly a shocker. Because the Bucks went with 3 guards in the 4th in winning time and they erased a big deficit. Why? Because your "3 tower" lineup that you want your team to ditch your second best player for is a matchup dependent unit that can't defend the perimeter very well against a good offensive team.

Although he had a rough game by his standards tonight, you lose this game if you don't have Middleton and are forced to play bigger lineups more minutes innthe 4th.

You really want to contest my basketball IQ with all the garbage you been spewing on here the last couple days?

Not going to end well for you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL at you calling out my basketball IQ.

Mirotic and Ilyasova just don't match up well at all with Siakam. He is too fast for them.

I don't pretend to know who Bud will choose to start for the rest of the series.

But I would be willing to bet anything that barring foul trouble born injury, the Bucks are going to ride these horses when the game matters most in the 4th:

Giannis
Middleton
Brogdon
Bledsoe
+ whatever big is playing best

Small lineup allows Brogdon to be primary defender on Kawhi and Giannis to guard Siakam. This is your best group both offensively and defensively.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at you calling out my basketball IQ.

Mirotic and Ilyasova just don't match up well at all with Siakam. He is too fast for them.

I don't pretend to know who Bud will choose to start for the rest of the series.

But I would be willing to bet anything that barring foul trouble born injury, the Bucks are going to ride these horses when the game matters most in the 4th:

Giannis
Middleton
Brogdon
Bledsoe
+ whatever big is playing best

Small lineup allows Brogdon to be primary defender on Kawhi and Giannis to guard Siakam. This is your best group both offensively and defensively.

Ilyasova didn't... He was loosing in the legs all the time... Mirotic had Green and he absolutely ceased him... Only after coach Bud has put Giannis on Lowery Mirotic took some minutes in the 2nd half to guard Siakam and he did a much better job than Ilyasova... All other "meetings" against the two (along with the block in the 1st qtr) were "accidental" as a consequence of Mirotic "backing up the defense"...

Bucks turn "small" only because they don't have a back up for Miro... This will be "fixed" this off season... First time I ever saw Brogdon playing SF...

24% from beyond the arc for the Bucks... It's not gonna be happening again... Toronto doesn't stand a chance...