• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks offseason possibilities

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ilyasova didn't... He was loosing in the legs all the time... Mirotic had Green and he absolutely ceased him... Only after coach Bud has put Giannis on Lowery (from Siakam he had before), Mirotic took some minutes in the 2nd half to guard Siakam and he did a much better job than Ilyasova... All other "meetings" against the two (along with the block in the 1st qtr) were "accidental" as a consequence of Mirotic "backing up the defense"...

Bucks turn "small" only because they don't have a back up for Miro... This will be "fixed" this off season... First time I ever saw Brogdon playing SF...

24% from beyond the arc for the Bucks... It's not gonna be happening again... Toronto doesn't stand a chance...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... Now on Hill's contract (that is of very similar terms as it was also done by the Cavs) the difference is that the guarantee is only 1M, but the salary is ...19M! Therefore the "sign & trade" value of Hill is of ...19M!!! Despite that Hill's next salary will be some 4-6M (because of his age) and even more... The demand for Hill is high!

But the "sign and trade" can only be done on July the 1st and no other day... because otherwise the player (either J.R. Smith or Hill) cannot be signed back with the same team unless it is a year later if waived, or, if he is on a new contract that is not "sign and trade", his value will be the one of the new contract and he can't be traded until Dec the 15th...
Read this until you get it.....JR is the only player in the NBA who could be traded before July 1. Today, even.

Noticed you contributed as much as Snell last night. Weird you are trying to avoid talking about him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true, who are you trading him for?
Any team looking for cap relief. Would guess Cavs take on a bad deal (but probably no more than 1-2 years left) AND a first rounder. Low first they probably get a decent young player as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any team looking for cap relief. Would guess Cavs take on a bad deal (but probably no more than 1-2 years left) AND a first rounder. Low first they probably get a decent young player as well.

Yep cap relief + a pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You missed my point. If JR is the ONLY PLAYER that can be traded before 7/1, then no other team has a player eligible to trade FOR him, rendering his value moot. I don't think what you stated is correct?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried using the trade machine with JR and the trades kept getting rejected using only his guaranteed amount as his value. I'm guessing the trade machine is confused?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this until you get it.....JR is the only player in the NBA who could be traded before July 1. Today, even.

Noticed you contributed as much as Snell last night. Weird you are trying to avoid talking about him.
True... but again only on a "sign and trade"... and is not the only one, George Hill can be traded too... I've said all I had to say on Snell before... you just missed it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... but again only on a "sign and trade"... and is not the only one, George Hill can be traded too... I've said all I had to say on Snell before... you just missed it.
you said he had a better contract than JR...I get why you wouldn't want to mention him again.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said he had a better contract than JR...I get why you wouldn't want to mention him again.
No... I said he has a much more wanted contract Than Smith... The one who will buy Smith, will waive him, the one who will buy Snell, is in need to buy a long 3&d wing that shoots the ball at 40% from beyond the arc as to use him in the roster...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... I said he has a much more wanted contract Than Smith... The one who will buy Smith, will waive him, the one who will buy Snell, is in need to buy a long 3&d wing that shoots the ball at 40% from beyond the arc as to use him in the roster...
Doubt many teams lining up to overpay a guy who cannot crack the playoff rotation and is signed for 2 years after this one.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt many teams lining up to overpay a guy who cannot crack the playoff rotation and is signed for 2 years after this one.
1. You don't need "many teams lining" to sell a player... you only need one!
2. Yes, there are many teams that are looking to add a 3&D wing in their roster
3. 11.6 M + bird rights for a 3&d who only has another season after the next on his contract, is young and athletic, has 115/112 O/D rating & shoots over 40% from 3pt line, is far from "overpaying"... unless if you haven't noticed lately the salaries of other guys with similar or worst stats and characteristics...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You don't need "many teams lining" to sell a player... you only need one!
2. Yes, there are many teams that are looking to add a 3&D wing in their roster
3. 11.6 M + bird rights for a 3&d who only has another season after the next on his contract, is young and athletic, has 115/112 O/D rating & shoots 40% from 3pt line, is far from "overpaying"... unless if you haven't noticed lately the salaries of other guys with similar or worst stats and characteristics...
agree many players are overpaid, but doesn't mean a team should purposely choose to take on another overpaid, dime a dozen player.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree many players are overpaid, but doesn't mean a team should purposely choose to take on another overpaid, dime a dozen player.
Agree with what? You say "overpaid" (and insist), I say "cheap" (and state the reasons) and you ..."agree"?

Can you please check the salaries of other young and athletic 115/112 O/D rating 3&D wings with bird rights and find one (only one) who is cheaper than Snell? Can you also check how many 3&D are free agents this off season and how many teams are in demand for one?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with what? You say "overpaid" (and insist), I say "cheap" (and state the reasons) and you ..."agree"?

Can you please check the salaries of other young and athletic 115/112 O/D rating 3&D wings with bird rights and find one (only one) who is cheaper than Snell? Can you also check how many 3&D are free agents this off season and how many teams are in demand for one?
agree many FAs are overpaid.

I'll do that and add the caveat they had/have to be an afterthought on a playoff team.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree many FAs are overpaid.

But... they are not overpaid! it's just that demand for 3&d is higher than what the market has to offer!

I'll do that and add the caveat they had/have to be an afterthought on a playoff team.

Bucks have 4 3&D, one (or two) too many than what they need... What they need is a second 3/4 combo forward as to back up Mirotic... What they therefore need is to find a team that is "rich" on 3/4 combo forwards (there are plenty that are rich on 3/4 combo forwards, but thin on 3&D) and trade with one of them... It really is that simple!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have answered this in multiple cases... You obviously know "little" about Bucks cap space... The Bucks are full with contracts that have exeptions (bird rights, MLE etc...) they also have only 72M of guaranteed salaries for next season before they resign all their expirings (and Hill for much less), they additionally will be trading Snell (bird) and most probably Ilyasova (MLE) which combine 19M... Therefore the Bucks space to work with, starts at 53M before they "hit" the 132M lux tax for next season... More or less 80M to work with...

I'm going to assume someone has schooled him on how going above the cap works in the NBA by now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But... they are not overpaid! it's just that demand for 3&d is higher than what the market has to offer!

Bucks have 4 3&D, one (or two) too many than what they need... What they need is a second 3/4 combo forward as to back up Mirotic... What they therefore need is to find a team that is "rich" on 3/4 combo forwards (there are plenty that are rich on 3/4 combo forwards, but thin on 3&D) and trade with one of them... It really is that simple!
That's why he's dime a dozen. He's at best a 5th option among their wings. Guys who cannot get on the court are not in high demand.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a cap expert but to me for the Bucks it's simple.

They can keep Mirotic and Middleton or go after a Max guy and hope and pray he'd like to play in Milwaukee

More than a solid chance the former happens than the latter.

Not that that is a problem....they have a damn good team.