• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks Improve Roster

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Bucks did this to keep Giannis in Milwaukee.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks gave up a lot to get Jrue... who represents a somewhat? upgrade over Bledsoe...

Bogdanovic fits in well with what they do.

Overall, though, I don't love it... I don't think this gets them over the hump, and there is realistic downside risk that they lose their future a la what the Nets did over a decade ago.

I mean, I know they're trying to do this for Giannis and going all-in on that... but I really don't know about that Holiday trade in particular.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks gave up a lot to get Jrue... who represents a somewhat? upgrade over Bledsoe...

Overall, though, I don't love it... I don't think this gets them over the hump, and there is realistic downside risk that they lose their future a la what the Nets did over a decade ago.

I mean, I know they're trying to do this for Giannis and going all-in on that... but I really don't know about that Holiday trade in particular.
These were strong additions in my opinion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were strong additions in my opinion.

Yeah but that really isn't the point. Are they going to be stronger than their competition?

The Lakers got better and will.
I'm sure the Clippers will improve or at least stay as is.
The Mavs will improve.
The Suns improved.
The Nets could improve dramatically.
The Celtics could improve.
The Heat could improve and their young players just got championship experience.
The Nuggets could improve.

The key will be the Bucks depth bc you still need 8-9 guys come playoff time, injuries, rest, etc.

Stats don't say everything but...who is better imo?

Player A
19.0 ppg
6.5 apg
5 rpg
45% fg
35% 3 pt
70% ft
DRTG - 112

Player B
19.0 ppg
4 apg
4 rpg
47% fg
38% 3 pt
84% ft
DRTG - 112

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes fit is more important. If the Bucks/Giannis feel that Holiday is a better fit with Giannis than Bledsoe, and that ends up being true, then it could make for more improvement than the actual difference in talent would seem to warrant.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes fit is more important. If the Bucks/Giannis feel that Holiday is a better fit with Giannis than Bledsoe, and that ends up being true, then it could make for more improvement than the actual difference in talent would seem to warrant.
Maybe.

And, in fairness, I like Holiday better than Bledsoe...

... that said, they are similar type players... so when it comes to the question of "fit"... it's not like we're talking radically different puzzle pieces here...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I mean Holiday is a better player...I think most will agree and the Bucks didn't have a ton of options. I'm sure they wanted to try to get CP3 but that was a huge contract. Will they improve more than other teams...who knows.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that really isn't the point. Are they going to be stronger than their competition?

The Lakers got better and will.
I'm sure the Clippers will improve or at least stay as is.
The Mavs will improve.
The Suns improved.
The Nets could improve dramatically.
The Celtics could improve.
The Heat could improve and their young players just got championship experience.
The Nuggets could improve.

Some of these teams will improve, even if they don't make any moves. They're young enough that just another season under their belt, especially one with adversity like this one, will improve them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

And, in fairness, I like Holiday better than Bledsoe...

... that said, they are similar type players... so when it comes to the question of "fit"... it's not like we're talking radically different puzzle pieces here...

True. But fit isn't all about playing style. Heck, maybe Jrue and Giannis are good friends off the court. Just that could make a difference as far as communication on the court.

To be clear, I think that any improvement from Bledsoe to Jrue is likely to be negligible...just pointing out what their thinking might be. Especially if they discussed these moves with Giannis, which I would assume they did. I think Bogdanovich is actually a bigger improvement than Jrue.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But fit isn't all about playing style. Heck, maybe Jrue and Giannis are good friends off the court. Just that could make a difference as far as communication on the court.

To be clear, I think that any improvement from Bledsoe to Jrue is likely to be negligible...just pointing out what their thinking might be. Especially if they discussed these moves with Giannis, which I would assume they did. I think Bogdanovich is actually a bigger improvement than Jrue.

I've always been a big fan of Jrue and I think he's actually a pretty significant upgrade over Bledsoe.

But this whole thing could have been avoided if the Bucks just matched Brogdon previously. Then they could have traded Bledsoe to the Rockets along with a bunch of picks for Covington or Oubre.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've already established that your opinion is wrong. :heh:

Sorry man, the shot was there...had to be taken. :D
Well, I believe I'm right.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I believe I'm right.

And what does that prove? You also thought you were right in saying CBD's work for nobody. You didn't use them long enough. You didn't use the correct mg dosage. And you bought them from the wrong place. But yeah, you think you know everything. Which is hilarious.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does that prove? You also thought you were right in saying CBD's work for nobody. You didn't use them long enough. You didn't use the correct mg dosage. And you bought them from the wrong place. But yeah, you think you know everything. Which is hilarious.
Go eat shit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean Holiday is a better player...I think most will agree and the Bucks didn't have a ton of options. I'm sure they wanted to try to get CP3 but that was a huge contract. Will they improve more than other teams...who knows.
Holliday is substantially better than Bledsoe. Many call Holliday the best defender at the guard position in the game. Plus Bledsoe choked in the playoffs.

Having perimeter players like Giannis, Holliday, Middleton is just so excellent both defensively and offensively now.

I think if it was 50/50 Giannis resigning before these moves it has gone up to at least 80% or more. ESPECIALLY if they can add a couple vet ring chasers to fill out the rest of the roster.