• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bubble Battle Jackets at Isles

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two teams that are very similar in youth and heart, and who will be clawing at each other all season for the final "Wild Card" spot. Teams on the rise, Division foes who both just played last night. First (new) conference game for the Jackets.

Home opener for the Isles at the new and allegedly weird Barclay's center.

No lineup changes for the Jackets, save for the fact that Erixon probably plays and Savard probably sits.

LET'S GO JACKETS!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar in youth in heart, but contrast in in playing styles. Should be an interesting matchup. I will go with the Islanders to win, 4-3, but only because they have home ice.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so the game is at Nassau, I thought the Isles had moved already. My only excuse for not knowing is...

That I don't really care.

Jackets are still turning pucks over, and the Isles are faster than the Flames, but fortunately it hasn't cost them yet. Good hard battles. I know there's a lot of desire for the Penguins or the Rangers to be the Jackets' rivals. These two teams are progressing at the same pace. They could both be good for a while.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackets got two in the third only to watch Johnson almost blow it with a penalty. Only differences; this time he didn't, and it wasn't actually a penalty.

Cam Atkinson with lots of family in the arena is the hero in the shootout.

Interesting event just prior to the shootout, which may get some discussion. Nassau Zamboni drivers did a real nice job with the scrape in the Jackets end, but less than stellar in the Isles end. Meaning the Isles would have smooth ice to shoot, the Jackets would be on a lot of snow in the shootout. Jackets complained and the ref called the 'boni back out to re-scrape the Isles end.

The amount of snow he picked up in one pass could have built a snowman. As wide as the boni, about five inches deep when he picked the platform up.

Interesting, hadn't thought of it. Wonder how much that goes on?

Anyway, Jackets with a rough start, a little panicky and Bob saved their ass. Nabby was even better and when the Jackets finally showed up, he kept it close. In fact, had Regin not punched one into his own net, the Jackets lose this one. Good game.