• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryson DeChambeau

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as swing speed...he isn't even top 25. He swings around 118 mph. Champ and Vegas at 1 and 2 are around 125-128...which is insane! Koepka's average is around 122 mph

His most recent tour #s are higher than 118 from what I've read, but at the end of the day, there are other players with hellacious SS...you mentioned Champ, DJ, several others can push it out there.

But...you gotta have a wedge game and a putter to win consistently.

He did it all in DET and got the W...this week on Jack's course, set up like Jack wants it set up...he gets another shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and reports are that the cameraman didn't even get the whole meltdown on camera to begin with. You are a professional athlete you makes a living basically on television... If you don't like it get another profession. Simple as that. You take the good with that bad. I can't remember the tournament or the player (i believe he wasn't that known) who was a lefty and as hitting his 2nd shot with a wood and completely duffed it like 40/50 yards... He looked at the camera and said, "welp, yup, I just did that" laughing and moved on...

If you want people to like you, you must take the bad as well and go with it He clearly doesn't get it

Golf is a humbling game...eventually it will get everyone....I've seen a PGAT pro hit a flat out shank from the middle of the FW.

The game will get BD too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could very well be on something, if it is it could be just a low dosage but I don't think that is the main part of him hitting the ball further. This guy is a perfectionist. He studies the game a lot and backing it by science. You can take all the PED's you want and it isn't going to magically let you hit it 343, sure it can help some, he is stronger and that can definitely have an effect. He reminds me of Trevor Bauer-MLB pitcher. He loves the science behind the sport and studying it to become a perfectionist. I haven't heard about his pregame routines but I remember Bauer had some crazy ones.

He's too smart to knowingly take a banned substance, so if I have to guess he's clean, but golf is more than 350 carry drives. The problem I'm starting to have with this guy, is he really seems hellbent on re-inventing the wheel when it comes golf...but at the end of the day, you gotta have a top tier short game and putter.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is a humbling game...eventually it will get everyone....I've seen a PGAT pro hit a flat out shank from the middle of the FW.

The game will get BD too.

It humbles me right after a great shot.... Usually that leads me to lose a ball

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It humbles me right after a great shot.... Usually that leads me to lose a ball

Me too!

The post birdie fuck up syndrome is real! :nod:.

The last round I played...had a so so front going early, then I hit a stretch...Birdie, birdie, par, par...thinking I was about to close out the side sub 40...then 8...hit into a FA bunker...no big deal I'm thinking...well, 2 shots later I was still in said bunker...+3. 7 Then on 9...not as bad...bogey, but ended up with a 39 so I thought maybe I'm past the PBFU phase.

Shot a freaking 47 on the back.

PBFU syndrome is real!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too!

The post birdie fuck up syndrome is real! :nod:.

The last round I played...had a so so front going early, then I hit a stretch...Birdie, birdie, par, par...thinking I was about to close out the side sub 40...then 8...hit into a FA bunker...no big deal I'm thinking...well, 2 shots later I was still in said bunker...+3. 7 Then on 9...not as bad...bogey, but ended up with a 39 so I thought maybe I'm past the PBFU phase.

Shot a freaking 47 on the back.

PBFU syndrome is real!

Still not as bad as driving a Par 4 (15 feet away for Eagle)...... F7Cking THREE Putt!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not as bad as driving a Par 4 (15 feet away for Eagle)...... F7Cking THREE Putt!

I feel you.

On the home course...#2 & #8 are both driveable par 4s...I rarely ever drive it on, but I've hit #6 (par 5) in two twice this year...both 3 jack pars.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you.

On the home course...#2 & #8 are both driveable par 4s...I rarely ever drive it on, but I've hit #6 (par 5) in two twice this year...both 3 jack pars.

God awful feeling isn't it! :tsk::tsk:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God awful feeling isn't it! :tsk::tsk:

Yeah, for us rec golfers, it's so seldom that we're in that position...it really sucks to blow it.

But...I've racked up many truly bad numbers in this game that 3 jacking for par doesn't rank so high anymore. Just last week...I hit the front of a 526 yd par 5 in two...faced with roughly 80' of putt...1st putt was actually pretty good, but missed the birdie (about 8')...walked off with the dreaded 3 jack par....didn't bother me much.

double par holes are now the ones that I hate most.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for us rec golfers, it's so seldom that we're in that position...it really sucks to blow it.

But...I've racked up many truly bad numbers in this game that 3 jacking for par doesn't rank so high anymore. Just last week...I hit the front of a 526 yd par 5 in two...faced with roughly 80' of putt...1st putt was actually pretty good, but missed the birdie (about 8')...walked off with the dreaded 3 jack par....didn't bother me much.

double par holes are now the ones that I hate most.

If I par a Par 5 I'm happy... Usually bogey or double for me sadly

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I par a Par 5 I'm happy... Usually bogey or double for me sadly

Well...bogey for most recreational golfers is not too damning...but why do you think par 5s cause you so much trouble?

I remember this pro who was trying to help me shave off strokes quickly when I was starting...his theory was 5 x 18 holes = 90...grind out a 4 at least 3 or the par 3 holes and you break 90. Of course that doesn't give you much margin for error on the par 5s.

Of course every golf round is different, but at our home track, there are four par 5 holes....my goal is a birdie putt on all 4, but 19-20 strokes total...but no more than 22 so I give myself some margin for error as a weekend player.

I'm wondering what is your mental approach?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...bogey for most recreational golfers is not too damning...but why do you think par 5s cause you so much trouble?

I remember this pro who was trying to help me shave off strokes quickly when I was starting...his theory was 5 x 18 holes = 90...grind out a 4 at least 3 or the par 3 holes and you break 90. Of course that doesn't give you much margin for error on the par 5s.

Of course every golf round is different, but at our home track, there are four par 5 holes....my goal is a birdie putt on all 4, but 19-20 strokes total...but no more than 22 so I give myself some margin for error as a weekend player.

I'm wondering what is your mental approach?

To start - Most times I am playing a round of golf it's with my brother in law who is a scratch golfer and kicks my arse. So deep down inside I am trying to "out do him" on par 5s.
I can't putt
I usually have a messed up chip shot around the green
My 2nd shot finds the woods
Mental block (even though I truly am not thinking about anything)
F golf

I just don't do well on them which sucks

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To start - Most times I am playing a round of golf it's with my brother in law who is a scratch golfer and kicks my arse. So deep down inside I am trying to "out do him" on par 5s.
I can't putt
I usually have a messed up chip shot around the green
My 2nd shot finds the woods
Mental block (even though I truly am not thinking about anything)
F golf

I just don't do well on them which sucks

Interesting. Not that you don't, but being your BIL I can see that going sideways a little...I would consider it a privilege to play with that kind of game....not so much to compete against, but learn from.

Most of game problems (putting, short game) would apply to any golf hole....so most of the problem is starting to creep into the metal side of the game.

The part I don't quite get is trying to "out do" a player much better than you are, especially on a par 5 where he's probably looking to make a 4 at least half time...but again, being a BIL...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a mental block against my BIL for a long time, but eventually got over it by just playing my game and posting scores I knew I could post...first time I beat him, it was 2 shots.

Now my cousin has one against me...lol...If I kept a handicap it would probably be 11-12....most scores fall within 80-87. My cousin doesn't play as much as I do and his scores when we play are normally 100-105. But I'm always hearing about 93-94-96 type scores when he plays with other people, even a 89.

I don't doubt his ability to do that, he just never shoots it against me....pressure, we joke but the reality is if he carded every shot his 93 would probably be higher so imo that's part of it too. He has a tendency to miss a stroke here and there.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Not that you don't, but being your BIL I can see that going sideways a little...I would consider it a privilege to play with that kind of game....not so much to compete against, but learn from.

Most of game problems (putting, short game) would apply to any golf hole....so most of the problem is starting to creep into the metal side of the game.

The part I don't quite get is trying to "out do" a player much better than you are, especially on a par 5 where he's probably looking to make a 4 at least half time...but again, being a BIL...

Oh my God yeah its an honor! He tells me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. Now dies it work, lol another story but I need to actually practice.

It gets in your head in the way back that you want to be as good as him and with golf that is a no no. It just seems that on Par 5s is when the golf gods come out and get me. Im not really rhinking of anything while playing with him but to me its like a scrub playing with Tiger Woods and of course you want to play close to his level. I know I never will beat my BIL but I always want to perform my best when I'm on the courese with him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my God yeah its an honor! He tells me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it. Now dies it work, lol another story but I need to actually practice.

It gets in your head in the way back that you want to be as good as him and with golf that is a no no. It just seems that on Par 5s is when the golf gods come out and get me. Im not really rhinking of anything while playing with him but to me its like a scrub playing with Tiger Woods and of course you want to play close to his level. I know I never will beat my BIL but I always want to perform my best when I'm on the courese with him

Okay.

Yeah...I've been there. Years ago...Not scratch, but this friend of a friend would come down from NC and play with you us, 3 or 4 times a year. Mark was a 4 or 5 HC...no kids, not married, playing 3 to 4 times a week, golf was his life. His swing wasn't the most dynamic, he didn't hit it any further than I did...but consistency was his game.

Whenever Mark came to town it was always fun to put my 18-20 HC on display to see how it stack up against legitimate single digit HC.

Par 5...I say just relax, and focus on your round...get your tee ball in play and don't try to do too much with that 2nd shot...look at it as purely setting up that 3rd (yardage etc.) doing that should give that 2nd shot more focus.

The one sorta downfall to playing with a really good player is what you mentioned...scrub playing w/ Tiger...that mentality is easy to take on because in the back of your mind, we know it's true. I would use those rounds with BIL to learn how to play the game better.

That's what I got most out of playing with Mark...noticing what type of shot he would play in certain situations...how did he handle adverse situations...for instance...150 yds to a back pin...he would rarely ever take enough club to fly it back there...now that my swing has gotten a little better I know why...if the greens are firm, very possible you end up over the back and shortsided...probably a 5 or 6 instead of a middle of the green play and take my chances with the putter.

Tightening up those game issues and playing your own game should help your par 5 scores.