• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryson DeChambeau

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay.

Yeah...I've been there. Years ago...Not scratch, but this friend of a friend would come down from NC and play with you us, 3 or 4 times a year. Mark was a 4 or 5 HC...no kids, not married, playing 3 to 4 times a week, golf was his life. His swing wasn't the most dynamic, he didn't hit it any further than I did...but consistency was his game.

Whenever Mark came to town it was always fun to put my 18-20 HC on display to see how it stack up against legitimate single digit HC.

Par 5...I say just relax, and focus on your round...get your tee ball in play and don't try to do too much with that 2nd shot...look at it as purely setting up that 3rd (yardage etc.) doing that should give that 2nd shot more focus.

The one sorta downfall to playing with a really good player is what you mentioned...scrub playing w/ Tiger...that mentality is easy to take on because in the back of your mind, we know it's true. I would use those rounds with BIL to learn how to play the game better.

That's what I got most out of playing with Mark...noticing what type of shot he would play in certain situations...how did he handle adverse situations...for instance...150 yds to a back pin...he would rarely ever take enough club to fly it back there...now that my swing has gotten a little better I know why...if the greens are firm, very possible you end up over the back and shortsided...probably a 5 or 6 instead of a middle of the green play and take my chances with the putter.

Tightening up those game issues and playing your own game should help your par 5 scores.

Easier said then done with the game of golf... I mean I usually am not thinking about anything but at the very last millasecond of the downswing my brains like, "swing hard" and sure enough duff the shot. I love having him teach me and love playing with him... Sometimes I actually play well, other times not so much such is life

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier said then done with the game of golf... I mean I usually am not thinking about anything but at the very last millasecond of the downswing my brains like, "swing hard" and sure enough duff the shot. I love having him teach me and love playing with him... Sometimes I actually play well, other times not so much such is life

That's most things in golf especially consistently...but the mental side is easier to fix than a swing flaw.

It really sounds like playing with your BIL puts some self inflicted pressure on your game. Been there...Last sentence I agree 100%

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's most things in golf especially consistently...but the mental side is easier to fix than a swing flaw.

It really sounds like playing with your BIL puts some self inflicted pressure on your game. Been there...Last sentence I agree 100%

Oh yeah it's all me.... He doesn't put any pressure on me at all.... He wants me to beat him... lol