• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Petty

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petty is just on the money in the bowl game against Michigan State. Decisive. Quick release. Great long ball. A leader.

Please front office get your act together! See "Lack of Vision" thread.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Be Careful of over drafting a Baylor QB" - Redskins fan

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK RamCub.

He does look very good in this years Cotton Bowl!

Very accurate passer.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita - Your post did get a hearty laugh out of me! Of course, any mention of a former Baylor QB gets a laugh out of all Rams' fans!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK RamCub.

He does look very good in this years Cotton Bowl!

Very accurate passer.

You are right about that Vita, but you might be wrong about the "JK" part. I lived in Dallas when Griffin was there, he was very accurate and threw a great deep ball. There are a ton of good to great college QB's, unfortunately thats what they are, good to great "college" QB's. I'm not keen on any of them this year, although I think one of the later round QB's could be just as good if not better than the supposedly "top two", the question is which one of them is "it"

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII came out of college with a body not built for the pro game. He has fragile appendages especially his lower legs and is susceptible to injury because of it. Petty has the body built for the pro game, has a very strong and accurate arm. I would venture a guess he'll last longer than RGIII.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, he's going to move up draft boards.

Probably won't be available at 2.10

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most mocks have him slotted in the late 3rd round now. A few mocks even have Shane Carden ahead of Petty along with Winston,Mariota and Hundley. I can almost guarantee he will be there at 2.10 if not 3.10.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryce Petty is a little smaller than Bradford, a little heavier than Bradford, a little more mobile than Bradford and the arms are similar. He will be a perfect guy to watch and learn from Bradford. However, I still feel like it would be best to hedge their bets with Bradford by picking up a younger veteran QB like Jake Locker, Christian Ponder or even Matt Schaub to be the "backup" while Petty learns the offense and playing in less of a spread offense.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most mocks have him slotted in the late 3rd round now. A few mocks even have Shane Carden ahead of Petty along with Winston,Mariota and Hundley. I can almost guarantee he will be there at 2.10 if not 3.10.

If he continues to impress, he will shoot up the draft boards. We see this stuff happen every year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about that Vita, but you might be wrong about the "JK" part. I lived in Dallas when Griffin was there, he was very accurate and threw a great deep ball. There are a ton of good to great college QB's, unfortunately thats what they are, good to great "college" QB's. I'm not keen on any of them this year, although I think one of the later round QB's could be just as good if not better than the supposedly "top two", the question is which one of them is "it"
The JK comment was more in part to the booty the Skins threw at the Rams. We wont need to worry about this with Petty however if we choose to chase the main QB prize in MM, we would. I'm not convinced we shouldn't do a RGIII type deal for MM and do nothing more than get offensive linemen and depth with the occasional FA to fill the voids in the fall out of such a trade. We are in a better spot (A bevy of youth & talent) than the Skins were.

I actually am beginning to believe this could be the most prudent course. Still need a nudge or two though.

Bryce Petty is a little smaller than Bradford, a little heavier than Bradford, a little more mobile than Bradford and the arms are similar. He will be a perfect guy to watch and learn from Bradford. However, I still feel like it would be best to hedge their bets with Bradford by picking up a younger veteran QB like Jake Locker, Christian Ponder or even Matt Schaub to be the "backup" while Petty learns the offense and playing in less of a spread offense.
Good plan, and I'm not convinced that I'm wrong if :agree:

If he continues to impress, he will shoot up the draft boards. We see this stuff happen every year.
Wait and see I guess. Those sort of things happen and can kill a well thought out plan that coexists with FA signings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The JK comment was more in part to the booty the Skins threw at the Rams. We wont need to worry about this with Petty however if we choose to chase the main QB prize in MM, we would. I'm not convinced we shouldn't do a RGIII type deal for MM and do nothing more than get offensive linemen and depth with the occasional FA to fill the voids in the fall out of such a trade. We are in a better spot (A bevy of youth & talent) than the Skins were.

I actually am beginning to believe this could be the most prudent course. Still need a nudge or two though.

Good plan, and I'm not convinced that I'm wrong if :agree:

Wait and see I guess. Those sort of things happen and can kill a well thought out plan that coexists with FA signings.

Ok, I will nudge! True, we are in a better position than the Redskins were. We have young guys at every position now and don't necessarily have to pick up Additional guys, except for the oline. If we were to do this we would absolutely have to hit on at least two good FA for the oline, otherwise it would be pointless!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati would be one FA that definitely would be a good addition. We could stick with Barnes and Jones at center and the Rams have already signed 7 FAs that were with the Rams in some capacity in 2014. Here is the list that includes two offensive lineman that some think are up-and-comers and one has had three years experience. So the MM deal is doable but I am not sure we give away future picks. That might be too much.

Here is the ESPN article that explains the new signings.

The Rams signed receivers Devon Wylie and Emory Blake, defensive tackle Doug Worthington, linebacker Marshall McFadden, offensive tackle Steven Baker, guard Travis Bond and defensive back Christian Bryant.

Of that group, only McFadden spent time on the active roster this season. He appeared in five games for the Rams, working exclusively in a special teams role. When the Rams brought end Chris Long back from injured reserve late in the season, McFadden was sent back to the practice squad.

Bryant is the only Rams' draft pick among those signing. He was a seventh-round pick in last year's NFL draft but did not make the roster out of training camp.

Blake has been a mainstay on the practice squad the past couple of seasons. Bond also spent time on the Rams roster in preseason this year before being released. Wylie, Worthington and Baker were added from various other stops throughout the season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I stated before, this is a damn good plan Commish!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I will nudge! True, we are in a better position than the Redskins were. We have young guys at every position now and don't necessarily have to pick up Additional guys, except for the oline. If we were to do this we would absolutely have to hit on at least two good FA for the oline, otherwise it would be pointless!
Okay Smed, what do you think the asking price for MM will be?

With this in mind, we too need to re-sign Britt and hope Quick will be healthy for much of the 2015 campaign.

Also, are you certain going after Winston, Hundley, Price, Another Rookie or even a free agent in 15 or 16 aren't a more prudent way to go about it?

Those were my main reservations besides the obvious...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Smed, what do you think the asking price for MM will be?

With this in mind, we too need to re-sign Britt and hope Quick will be healthy for much of the 2015 campaign.

Also, are you certain going after Winston, Hundley, Price, Another Rookie or even a free agent in 15 or 16 aren't a more prudent way to go about it?

Those were my main reservations besides the obvious...

moving from 10 to 1 would be so expensive. didn't the Skins move from 6 to 2?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three ones is just too expensive. I'd rather save the picks and select Petty in the 3rd and get other area needs with out first and second.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a trade for MM happening.

Even if the Rams were willing to give up those picks, the other team has to be willing to trade.

TB needs a QB arguably worse than the Rams do. Why bypass getting one in hopes those future picks get you something 2-3 years from now?

The only reason the Rams traded is because they thought they already had a QB.

And it's a good thing the Rams didn't end up with the first pick that year. Could you imagine the pounding they would be getting for trading away Luck? ( and they would've done it too cause they thought and still think Bradford is that guy ).

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they give up the farm to trade up! We need starters now! He would only just get killed! Besides Fisher has a hardon for Bradford even more than Couger does! ....Well maybe not! We need to rebuild the right side of our o-line! Center/guard/RT, should be a priority! Plus we already know Shotty isnt going anywhere! He isnt the right guy to help a young kid develop confidense! :L