• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Petty

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a trade for MM happening.

Even if the Rams were willing to give up those picks, the other team has to be willing to trade.

TB needs a QB arguably worse than the Rams do. Why bypass getting one in hopes those future picks get you something 2-3 years from now?

The only reason the Rams traded is because they thought they already had a QB.

And it's a good thing the Rams didn't end up with the first pick that year. Could you imagine the pounding they would be getting for trading away Luck? ( and they would've done it too cause they thought and still think Bradford is that guy ).
Maybe it's just me but I never felt like they would have traded away Luck. :noidea:

Easy to say now because it so obvious but I am a huge PAC12er so I saw a lot of Luck. Also follow the Big12 a lot too as me Pop is a Tulsa boy and a huge OU fan so I saw a lot of Griffin too.
(Needless to say I also saw a lot of Bradford and Suh but that's another topic for sure :lol:)

So that could have something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a trade for MM happening.

Even if the Rams were willing to give up those picks, the other team has to be willing to trade.

TB needs a QB arguably worse than the Rams do. Why bypass getting one in hopes those future picks get you something 2-3 years from now?

The only reason the Rams traded is because they thought they already had a QB.

And it's a good thing the Rams didn't end up with the first pick that year. Could you imagine the pounding they would be getting for trading away Luck? ( and they would've done it too cause they thought and still think Bradford is that guy ).

Good points man. I agree Tampa has to take MM. Fisher did the right thing taking all the pics instead of Rg3 but most of you fools won't give him credit for that right? No he sucks because he benched Davis and doesn't know football lol.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points man. I agree Tampa has to take MM.

Slight correction, Tampa and Tennessee have to take Mariota and Winston in some fashion. I think honestly it might be a HUGE PR move for the Bucs to take Winston kind of the way Jags fans wanted Tebow. He is as talented on the field as MM is, but with the Florida connection, he will put butts in seats even more than MM will. But MM and Jameis will be the first 2 picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slight correction, Tampa and Tennessee have to take Mariota and Winston in some fashion. I think honestly it might be a HUGE PR move for the Bucs to take Winston kind of the way Jags fans wanted Tebow. He is as talented on the field as MM is, but with the Florida connection, he will put butts in seats even more than MM will. But MM and Jameis will be the first 2 picks.

I don't know that Winston should stay in Florida though; it's not like he's avoided trouble in that environment. He needs a new start elsewhere IMO. I'm not sure Titans go QB anyway, as they seem to like Mettenberger at least somewhat. I think they'll give him another year at least.

This might be a good time to get Glennon from Tampa. He's gotten a bit of a raw deal with Lovie bringing in McClown and could at least be the semi-vet backup for Bradford (if he returns) or bridge/competition for a newly drafted QB (like Petty). I'm not sure what it would take to get Glennon, but I definitely would be frugal in that sense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Winston should stay in Florida though; it's not like he's avoided trouble in that environment. He needs a new start elsewhere IMO. I'm not sure Titans go QB anyway, as they seem to like Mettenberger at least somewhat. I think they'll give him another year at least.

This might be a good time to get Glennon from Tampa. He's gotten a bit of a raw deal with Lovie bringing in McClown and could at least be the semi-vet backup for Bradford (if he returns) or bridge/competition for a newly drafted QB (like Petty). I'm not sure what it would take to get Glennon, but I definitely would be frugal in that sense.

makes sense. Glennon seems to be the type they like pocket passer big arm.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes sense. Glennon seems to be the type they like pocket passer big arm.

Absolutely, add him to the list of guys like Locker,Ponder or Schaub to bring in as a solid #2

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear what your saying with the florida connection but i really don't think nfl teams care about that. they have to go with who they think is the best QB. the coaching staff jobs our on the line. after yesterdays game it looks like MM will be #1. but you never know i think JW might be more NFL pocket passer ready.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Glennon as the best QB potentially available right now (other than a healthy Bradford). He's also cheap and under contract for the next two seasons at under $1M per. It just depends on what Tampa would want in return, and if the Rams FO is even interested.

I would even consider Geno as a possibility over most of the FAs. He's very familiar with Austin and Bailey and would benefit from a fresh start. He has played well over the last quarter of the season as well, so maybe he's starting to "get it" at the NFL level. The available FAs are all backup quality at best in my eyes, with no real upside other than maybe Locker or even Austin Davis (I don't see Mallett leaving Houston).

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even consider Geno as a possibility over most of the FAs.

It is a risk, but it could potentially be good long term. If they draft a QB, you might see him dangled out there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even consider Geno as a possibility over most of the FAs.

It is a risk, but it could potentially be good long term. If they draft a QB, you might see him dangled out there.

It's a minor risk really. He tops out at about $1.5M in 2016, the last year of his contract. I'm not saying he would be the immediate starter; he would be part of a competition (as would Glennon).

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points man. I agree Tampa has to take MM. Fisher did the right thing taking all the pics instead of Rg3 but most of you fools won't give him credit for that right? No he sucks because he benched Davis and doesn't know football lol.

I never said that Fisher can't draft, unlike alot on here I think the Rams have drafted better than most teams, we have had more hits than misses and that's what all drafts are about, the average team is always going to have more misses than hits.

I don't like Fisher because he is stubborn and can't coach, his record reflects that!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that Fisher can't draft, unlike alot on here I think the Rams have drafted better than most teams, we have had more hits than misses and that's what all drafts are about, the average team is always going to have more misses than hits.

I don't like Fisher because he is stubborn and can't coach, his record reflects that!

I like Fisher because of his stache. Has that whole 70s pron thing going on. John Holmes would be proud.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Fisher because of his stache. Has that whole 70s pron thing going on. John Holmes would be proud.

Actually with Fishers gut expanding by the minute, he's more like the Hedgehog (if you know who I'm referring to?)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Cow, Smed. Fisher looks pregnant.

But so does Ron Jeremy and he is still getting **** gigs! Maybe Fish should go into **** and stop screwing us!

Really I have to edit this, it won't let me spell out that word that rhymes with corn, but starts with a P