• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Harper

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it would take to land him, but why not consider him?

I'd imagine he's not untouchable from the Nationals perspective considering that they benched him last year and there is a clear rift between him and the Nationals with regards to his contract. At 22 years old he still has a lot of upside, and even if he doesn't get any better, he's still a massive upgrade in the OF for the Mariners.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe something like Walker+Peterson+Miller/Taylor/Ackley/Austin Jackson?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe something like Walker+Peterson+Miller/Taylor/Ackley/Austin Jackson?

We would have to take back some other players for that trade to work for me. Add Desmond and Zimm to the deal like I mentioned a site posting yesterday and we have a deal.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this was ever going to happen but....

Bryce Harper, Nationals Agree To Two-Year Deal

By Tim Dierkes [December 15, 2014 at 8:02am CST]

8:02am: USA Today’s Bob Nightengale [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]544492153653964800[/MEDIA]"]tweets[/ame] that Harper and the Nats have agreed to a two-year, $7.5MM contract.

7:40am: Bryce Harper and the Nationals have avoided a grievance, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post. The two sides reached a settlement Sunday evening in advance of a potential Tuesday hearing. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]544482563856039937[/MEDIA]"]tweets[/ame] the two sides have agreed to a two-year deal.
The issue at stake was whether Harper had the right to opt out of the $1.5MM salary owed to him through the Major League deal he signed upon being drafted and enter baseball’s arbitration system, which would have allowed him to earn more money.

As Kilgore explained in a previous article, Harper and the Nationals reached a verbal agreement on a five-year, $9.9MM Major League deal just minutes before the signing deadline, and when a final contract was drafted up, there was no clause for Harper to opt into arbitration. Harper and agent Scott Boras refused to sign the deal, at which point MLB and the MLBPA stepped in, allowing a letter of agreement that stated Harper could opt for a grievance hearing to determine whether or not he qualified for arbitration, should be become eligible for arb before the deal’s final season.

Last edited by a moderator:

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Bryce Harper is a major league fuck face! I have heard some pretty horrible stories about him and his time in Vegas that indicate he is nothing more than a shitty human and a whining baby!

But he can play baseball well so I would be ok with a trade for him as long as he doesn't cause locker room problems.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it would take to land him, but why not consider him?

I'd imagine he's not untouchable from the Nationals perspective considering that they benched him last year and there is a clear rift between him and the Nationals with regards to his contract. At 22 years old he still has a lot of upside, and even if he doesn't get any better, he's still a massive upgrade in the OF for the Mariners.

It's a nice idea but Bryce Harper's upside is still so huge that I don't think the Nats are anywhere near ready to give up on him yet, despite their recent spat. I think they would have to be ridiculously overwhelmed and by that I mean multiple guys that we would not want to give up.