• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryce Brown.......................

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a Seahawk again

The Seattle Seahawks have signed running back Bryce Brown in the wake of a season-ending injury to rookie Thomas Rawls, according to Rob Rang of CBS Sports.

A fourth-year pro, Brown spent time with the Seahawks earlier this season, suggesting he could easily integrate into the offense.

DuJuan Harris rushed for 42 yards on 18 carries after Rawls was injured and looked like a clear downgrade. It's possible Harris will be first in line for carries next week, with Brown serving merely as depth.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said after Sunday's game he's hopefulMarshawn Lynch will soon return from sports hernia surgery.

Report: Seahawks sign Bryce Brown

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a nice addition. He had a decent rookie year under Andy Reid in 2012 (500+ yards, 4.9 ypc). He appears to be about the size pete likes his runners (6'0" 220), so we'll just have to see if he's a physical runner (another aspect Pete likes in RBs).

He ran for 340 yards and 2 TDs in back to back games against Carolina and Dallas in 2012 - so he has had some success - and it may also show how fickle the NFL can be sometimes.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They pretty much had to sign another running back. Harris' final line wasn't as awful as it looked on the field, but I don't think I would have been comfortable with giving him most of the carries whether they picked up another running back or not. My guess is that it's going to be a running game by committee kind of thing until Lynch is able to come back, with the starter being whomever looked the best in practice this week. Jackson is a veteran guy, but they seem to like using him as a receiver out of the backfield more than as a runner. They could platoon Brown and Harris while giving Coleman some carries as a change of pace. I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they involved Wilson in the running game more over the next couple of weeks. They might also use more screens and short passes to take advantage of what is sure to be a case of opposing defenses going all out to get after Wilson in the passing game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They pretty much had to sign another running back. Harris' final line wasn't as awful as it looked on the field, but I don't think I would have been comfortable with giving him most of the carries whether they picked up another running back or not. My guess is that it's going to be a running game by committee kind of thing until Lynch is able to come back, with the starter being whomever looked the best in practice this week. Jackson is a veteran guy, but they seem to like using him as a receiver out of the backfield more than as a runner. They could platoon Brown and Harris while giving Coleman some carries as a change of pace. I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they involved Wilson in the running game more over the next couple of weeks. They might also use more screens and short passes to take advantage of what is sure to be a case of opposing defenses going all out to get after Wilson in the passing game.

They might as well have. Rawls will go to IR so might as well have another RB. Only other position I could see is TE but McCoy is back (I think?). They are set everywhere else at this point *knock on wood*

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move... bring someone back that's familiar with the system. The fact that they don't even bother signing Michael off a PS tells me they don't really think much of him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I for one sure hope they don't involve Russell more in the run game, at least not on purpose. Got to keep Russell healthy. Russell does take care not to get creamed running, but way take the chance?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one sure hope they don't involve Russell more in the run game, at least not on purpose. Got to keep Russell healthy. Russell does take care not to get creamed running, but way take the chance?
No reason to run Wilson vs the Browns or the Rams even. RW had 1 attempt yesterday and let's leave it at that. He's firing from the pocket sensationally right now so let the playmakers like Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett make the plays.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's a highlight reel but man, if he doesn't look like a clone of Thomas Rawls in that video. The stature, speed, and quickness/shiftiness Brown shows in that clip is so much more encouraging than anything Harris showed Sunday. Harris just went down so easily at the slightest touch. I'm not used to seeing that from a RB since Marshawn came over here.

I don't expect us to feature too much this Sunday, and hopefully the passing game stays hot and we put Johnny Collegeball away early and often. The Rams, maybe they present a slightly bigger threat, so Brown maybe gets to show what he can do. Then hopefully the Cards have the division sealed and we have the 5 seed locked up so the starters play 1 quarter and get to rest the next 3. That way we let Marshawn heal up for another 3-4 weeks.

I'm imagining a well rested, fully healthy Beast Mode emerging in the playoffs, brushing Redskins off like the NFCE "champions" they will be, then showing Carolina what a loss in 2015 feels like. Lynch is a guy who can absolutely carry a team through the playoffs when you give him a fresh pair of legs.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...........Harris' final line wasn't as awful as it looked on the field...........

It wasn't?!?

2.3 ypc and a red zone fumble is a pretty horrible stat line...............and you are stating that he was actually worse than that!

Hopefully Brown can bring a bit more onto the field.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't?!?

2.3 ypc and a red zone fumble is a pretty horrible stat line...............and you are stating that he was actually worse than that!

Hopefully Brown can bring a bit more onto the field.

He was closer to three yards per carry before the garbage time of the 4th quarter where we were just killing the clock. Not saying Harris is anything great but the game plan Carrol had for him was to ride the pine the whole game and suddenly, he's now the main running back. I say give him a week of practice with the starting line up and start him against Cleveland. If he can't be impressive that game, then I'll be ready to move on.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was closer to three yards per carry before the garbage time of the 4th quarter where we were just killing the clock. Not saying Harris is anything great but the game plan Carrol had for him was to ride the pine the whole game and suddenly, he's now the main running back. I say give him a week of practice with the starting line up and start him against Cleveland. If he can't be impressive that game, then I'll be ready to move on.

I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bryce Brown was brought in here to carry the load. Harris just isn't the size of back that Pete wants to give the ball to 20 times. Brown seems to be exactly what Pete wants, and he is a better receiver than Rawls was (evident by scouting reports I have read and the fact he had more receiving yards last year than rushing yards).

Most likely, it's a RB by committee situation - but if there is a lone feature back at any point from now til the end of the regular season I see it more likely to be Brown than to be Harris. One thing is for sure, both guys are playing the rest of the season for their NFL careers. This could be their last chance to impress someone into giving them a chance next season.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via the score mobile

Seahawks release duJuan Harris.

So Byrce Brown is starting.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via the score mobile

Seahawks release duJuan Harris.

So Byrce Brown is starting.

Not surprising, except now they need to add another back just as insurance.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising, except now they need to add another back just as insurance.

They released BJ Daniels, so I wouldn't be surprised if they use that spot on a running back. My guess is that Coleman will see some carries depending on how they use Jackson. Brown appears to be the logical choice to start and they've been using Jackson as a receiver out of the backfield more than as a runner, so it would make sense to use Coleman in that backup/change of pace role behind Brown.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the move... bring someone back that's familiar with the system. The fact that they don't even bother signing Michael off a PS tells me they don't really think much of him.

Me too... D. Harris was less than impressive and he made me nervous each time he carried the ball... His vision isn't very good and he lacks patience as a runner... I just didn't think he looked very good... There was a reason we cut him...

I like the idea of BB starting this game...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too... D. Harris was less than impressive and he made me nervous each time he carried the ball... His vision isn't very good and he lacks patience as a runner... I just didn't think he looked very good... There was a reason we cut him...

I like the idea of BB starting this game...

He's also a guy who is going to have a chip on his shoulder. Not much has gone right for him in his football life the last 5 years, and he's gotta know that this is the last chance. He has to impress, or there probably won't be another team coming to his call. Let's see what the kid can do, especially with Cleveland being a good choice to break him in on.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Rawls was looking good in the preseason there was another guy named Smith that also looked good. Where did he go? He was a big guy also like 6+ foot 220.

Rod Smith, last i heard he was signed by the Cowboys. Is he still on their active roster?

just looked, yep he is still on their active roster. Would love to have Turbin or him back, fuck you Dallas lol.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed in that highlight reel why he was signed rather than Michael...........he holds the ball in his left hand when running left and in the right hand when running right. In all seriousness, I remember him making waves when he started with the Eagles. Surprised at how young he still is, and perfectly fine with a place holder until Beast comes back. Lynch should have a solid 4-weeks until the wildcard round before we should need him. Russ is playing out of his mind right now, and if he keeps that up the running game can take a back seat against the upcoming opponents. Rawls is ridiculous, and proven so. Our future at the position looks as bright as ever, and hope Beast can ride off into the sunset with another ring. He deserves another one.