• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broyles Versus Houston

Who

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which guy do you see having more positive impact, for the Lions, in 2014? Ryan Broyles or Chris Houston?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got a two time ACL tear victim plus a ruptured Achilles versus a dude with a bad toe. Interested in what guys think on this.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted totally off of wishful thinking. Anyone told me Houston would return to 2012 season, my vote changes. They can't, so it won't. I have nothing to gage Broyles on, playing wise that is. Small sample he was as advertised. Got separation, got open, and had decent hands. Broyles returns and can contribute it may push the great white hope off the roster. Houston stays injured and it gives me as a fan insite on the CB situation at hand. These kids either step up or step out the door.

I might have voted other if tab stated will not impact at all...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted totally off of wishful thinking. Anyone told me Houston would return to 2012 season, my vote changes. They can't, so it won't. I have nothing to gage Broyles on, playing wise that is. Small sample he was as advertised. Got separation, got open, and had decent hands. Broyles returns and can contribute it may push the great white hope off the roster. Houston stays injured and it gives me as a fan insite on the CB situation at hand. These kids either step up or step out the door.

I might have voted other if tab stated will not impact at all...

My Ryan vote was also based on wishful thinking. Liked him the little I've seen him. No idea how much we'll be seeing of him this season. (No "other". Not voting might be a vote for "no impact at all" though. Too late to change though, sorry.)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on team need. I will selfishly say Houston, though it sounds like his toe isn't any better than it was last year. I did read that the CB Detroit signed from Indy, I believe, was the best player on the field for the defense when the Lions scrimmaged at practice the other day. So maybe he can step in if Houston can't play.

I don't have much hope for Broyles. Coming back from one knee surgery isn't too bad. Having to come back from major knee surgery in back to back seasons, with one on each knee. Still something that you can come back from. When you add in the ruptured achilles to go along with the major knee surgeries -- I'm not sure we will see Broyles do much for the Lions.

If he does -- that'd be awesome, as the poor guy has spent more time having surgery and rehabbing than anything else the last 3 years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just glad I wasn't accused of not watching the sport if I don't see it the way you do...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose Ryan, Mostly because if he gets hurt again at least he is not actively being a negative like Houston was last year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just glad I wasn't accused of not watching the sport if I don't see it the way you do...

I thought Lynch and Charles both would get as many votes as McCoy. Everybody always slobs on Peterson, had one great season, big wooop.

Last edited by a moderator:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broyles. Dude has a great attitude even when he could easily be soured by all of his bad luck. He played well when he played. I'm not sure Houston even sees the field A third of the season.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised of all the Broyles love over Houston. Dude was already a small receiver with average speed (albeit great hands). Then he blows out his knee twice and ruptures an achilles tendon and everyone expects more production than a guy who has been our #1 CB for the last three seasons?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised of all the Broyles love over Houston. Dude was already a small receiver with average speed (albeit great hands). Then he blows out his knee twice and ruptures an achilles tendon and everyone expects more production than a guy who has been our #1 CB for the last three seasons?

Yes. That's the sad truth.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is Broyles is either a positive or a non-entity while Houston has the potential to hurt the team.

Higher upside with Houston, but also much higher chance of being a negative.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love or hate... just don't see Houston returning to old self and good time to see what they have at CB without him playing. Houston out and these kids can not unseat Mathis after 3 years tells me all I need to know.

Lions just need a guy who can catch. Broyles has proved that, just not sure he can stay healthy. IMO he has more left to offer than Houston. I am willing to give it one last chance just like the CB situation.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has played A LOT of good games. Broyles has had 1 good game in 3 years.

I can't count this year against him yet. But he has only had one big game, Turkey Day '12, in his two injury shortened seasons. Just have more hope for a 26 year old second rounder than I do a 29 year old second rounder. But when I say "more", it's relative. Because there's not much for either really.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what a lot of you guys were saying was what I was thinking. I think Houston will have the bigger impact but want it too be Ryan.....I'm surprised the guy can walk let alone play in the NFL.

Maybe he can be the come back story of the year, now that would be something I would smile about.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking -- even if Broyles comes back 100% this year. I'm not sure if he would have much of a chance to impact the offense.

I suppose he could make some big plays in the limited opportunities he would have -- But with all the options on offense with the addition of Tate and Ebron, I'm not sure how much he will get to see the field.

I do know -- if he put in all that rehab time -- I'll be rooting for him, as he could have easily just hung up his spikes and no one would have blamed him after the string of injuries he has had.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking -- even if Broyles comes back 100% this year. I'm not sure if he would have much of a chance to impact the offense.

I suppose he could make some big plays in the limited opportunities he would have -- But with all the options on offense with the addition of Tate and Ebron, I'm not sure how much he will get to see the field.

I do know -- if he put in all that rehab time -- I'll be rooting for him, as he could have easily just hung up his spikes and no one would have blamed him after the string of injuries he has had.

This is true. But, if our offense is going to be "exactly like New Orleans'" as Reggie said it is, Ebron will only be out there 2/3's of the time. CJ and Tate will see the field more, but Broyles will only have to stay ahead of Ogletree and Ross for Lance Moore's role.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the button for neither?