• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broyles Versus Houston

Who

• Total voters

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what a lot of you guys were saying was what I was thinking. I think Houston will have the bigger impact but want it too be Ryan.....I'm surprised the guy can walk let alone play in the NFL.

Maybe he can be the come back story of the year, now that would be something I would smile about.

You need to wash that honolulu blue mustache off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broyles. We've seen the ceiling of Houston's play in 2012 when he was completely healthy. That's the best it could ever be again. You saw how he played in 2013 and he clearly remains hurt.

We've seen almost nothing from Broyles yet due to his injuries. The question was who would have more of a positive impact in 2014. We've seen the injured Houston provide negative results last year and thats likely what you get again this year. A healthy Broyles would be far more impactful.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which guy do you see having more positive impact, for the Lions, in 2014? Ryan Broyles or Chris Houston?

That's smittys initial poll question.

Let's say Houston plays 7 games horribly and Broyles plays one game this season and has 3 receptions for 30 yards.

Atleast Houston was in the game.....Is that positive impact? or is that negative impact on Broyles because he can't get into a game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which guy do you see having more positive impact, for the Lions, in 2014? Ryan Broyles or Chris Houston?

That's smittys initial poll question.

Let's say Houston plays 7 games horribly and Broyles plays one game this season and has 3 receptions for 30 yards.

Atleast Houston was in the game.....Is that positive impact? or is that negative impact on Broyles because he can't get into a game.

Im not looking at just being on the field as a positive impact. Broyles had a positive impact, albeit slight, when he was able to play. Chris Houston was able to play much more, but that impact from being on the field, wasn't necisarilly positive. Id include an option of "neither" because, well, I didn't want to.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not looking at just being on the field as a positive impact. Broyles had a positive impact, albeit slight, when he was able to play. Chris Houston was able to play much more, but that impact from being on the field, wasn't necisarilly positive. Id include an option of "neither" because, well, I didn't want to.

It's trivial....Houston could get burned a million times but take a pick 6 back and win one game in the 4th quarter.

Broyels could just as easily fumble a reception and give up 6 points.....The Point I will never make (because its useless trying) Is the guy that is on the field the most probably makes the biggest impact.

So whoever is the on the field the most between Houston or Broyels will make the bigger impact.....I'm rooting for Broyels .....I just don't see it happening....

Anyone heard lately on a news story about his re-hab?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to make plays while on the field to have POSITIVE impact. Ryan Raburn was on the field a shitload in 2012. Did he have more impact than pitchers who didn't bat and didnt play 25-30 games worth of innings all year? It's like the fatass, lazy slobs I've worked with at union gigs. They show up, everyday, on time, that's it. No effort is given between time clock punchings. Can't get fired, doesn't mean they had any positive impact on the company making money. They were just there, occupying space.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broyles has the legs for Mr. Glass. And no matter how you slice it, if they are available at all, Houston will get more snaps.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to make plays while on the field to have POSITIVE impact. Ryan Raburn was on the field a shitload in 2012. Did he have more impact than pitchers who didn't bat and didnt play 25-30 games worth of innings all year? It's like the fatass, lazy slobs I've worked with at union gigs. They show up, everyday, on time, that's it. No effort is given between time clock punchings. Can't get fired, doesn't mean they had any positive impact on the company making money. They were just there, occupying space.

If that fat lazy ass slob put one rivet on a car, or one burger on the grill, it was more then than the guy that wanted to put 1000 rivets or 1000 burgers on the grill but couldn't because of injury.

Still love ya smitty, devils advocate is the name of my game too.....Were both good at it.

It's been long overdue but here ya go!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BooYahh!!!!!! Austin Jackon!!!!! Wrong thread I know but BOOYAA BABY!!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil Al put a good charge in it......Shame.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an article about Broyles and his rehab in the freep or news I read the other day. He has been rehabbing twice a day for the entire summer.

Mayhew said he has never witnessed a player attack the rehab process like Broyles. He also said -- he never had a player call him in the offseason to ask him if it would be alright to take a week off of rehab, as he was going on some trip with his church. I guess they are rehabbing on their own time in the offseason.

After reading that article -- I'm really rooting for Broyles to come back. He seems like a really positive person, who just has had some really bad luck.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could somebody vote for Broyles, please. He needs to be the winner of this thing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Broyles because I am that Union guy that shows up and works on 3 trucks a night.

Any major knee injuries? (Thank you to the four who voted Team Ryan today. Im happy, Ryan is happy and his Orthopedic surgeon is elated.). How's your Achilles?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any major knee injuries? (Thank you to the four who voted Team Ryan today. Im happy, Ryan is happy and his Orthopedic surgeon is elated.). How's your Achilles?

no knee surgeries yet, but they are coming. I did have to have surgery on my hand after falling off a stand at work and punching a table on the way down.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I change my vote to Broyles?