• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in response to the many posts in this thread, this has nothing at all to do with Nick Chubb. He is the starter on this team, no questions asked. Hunt is a proven talent on the field added as depth, but he will be suspended. If they viewed him as a replacement for Chubb or Duke, he would've been given more than a 1 year deal.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded away at some point this season, but he will have to serve his suspension.

From a morality standpoint, I don't like this even one single bit. They could've drafted a talented RB in the middle rounds to back up Chubb, which is what Hunt will be. Dorsey has his connection to Hunt, so there's that, but it still makes no sense.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be getting a lot of targets when Mayfield can't find an open WR downfield.
Duke was great at that but I guess they don't trust his durability. Hunt will be a fantastic weapon for Baker.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it something that Hunt is from the area and now gets his chance to rehab his image in his hometown? He has work to do if he wants to bounce back from this, I'm not sure if him being at home is a good thing or a bad thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt that.

If it doesn't workout, they either cut him or trade him before the deadline. He signed a 1 year $1M contract.
If he does workout, he looks like a genius bc he took a small risk for a potential great player.

This has no risk, all reward.
yep. One misstep and he is cut.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year at 1 million is a great move.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey bringing in questionable characters is one of the reasons the Chiefs fired him. That, and not being able to manage the salary cap whatsoever.

Organizations do fire general managers who bring bring in too many questionable characters. Just probably not the Browns as long as they are winning so he is probably safe there
weird that would be the reason, yet they kept Tyreke Hill, who committed far worse acts than Hunt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in response to the many posts in this thread, this has nothing at all to do with Nick Chubb. He is the starter on this team, no questions asked. Hunt is a proven talent on the field added as depth, but he will be suspended. If they viewed him as a replacement for Chubb or Duke, he would've been given more than a 1 year deal.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded away at some point this season, but he will have to serve his suspension.

From a morality standpoint, I don't like this even one single bit. They could've drafted a talented RB in the middle rounds to back up Chubb, which is what Hunt will be. Dorsey has his connection to Hunt, so there's that, but it still makes no sense.
definitely an odd move but I can see the nothing to lose approach. One misstep and he's out.

Vegetarian Orca

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Hunt local guy.
2. Dorsey scouted him and drafted him.
3. It looks like the Steelers and Ravens might be in the market for an all-around running back. Now, they cannot get to Kareem Hunt.

Now, as far as who starts, I know that it's only been one season, but I think that Nick Chubb is going to be something special. As far as pure runners go, he has all the talent in the world. He is your RB1.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Hunt local guy.
2. Dorsey scouted him and drafted him.
3. It looks like the Steelers and Ravens might be in the market for an all-around running back. Now, they cannot get to Kareem Hunt.

Now, as far as who starts, I know that it's only been one season, but I think that Nick Chubb is going to be something special. As far as pure runners go, he has all the talent in the world. He is your RB1.
Welcome to the board. Good points here, the Dorsey connection has to be what has him in the fold now, but I just don't see how the backlash and possible headaches for a growing team are worth it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely an odd move but I can see the nothing to lose approach. One misstep and he's out.
It is nothing to lose, and not much money, but with where they are as a young, promising team, I just don't like it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are Hunt won't even be eligible to play until at least mid season. If anything, it gives them fresh legs for the second half kick. And nobody else in the division or the conference, for that matter, can get him. for a measly million, no real risk involved.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nothing to lose, and not much money, but with where they are as a young, promising team, I just don't like it.
And I can see that side to it, as well.

I have to believe the majority of teams have someone on the team who has done something far worse than Hunt has......either we don't know about it and certainly it isn't on tape.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can see that side to it, as well.

I have to believe the majority of teams have someone on the team who has done something far worse than Hunt has......either we don't know about it and certainly it isn't on tape.
If we're being honest, his interaction was nowhere near as bad as Mixon, Tyreke Hill, Greg Hardy, Ray Rice, or incoming rookie Jeffrey Simmons, among others. It wasn't premeditated, and he wasn't the aggressor, and from accounts of the evening, he and his camp repeatedly told the women to leave his apartment but they were drunk and pissed that they didn't have the money to afford an Uber back to Kent. Even the girl's friend said she was being overly dramatic and out of line. Given the fact that she got up and walked away just fine, yeah, it wasn't like he brutally pummeled her like some others.

That said, it's just too soon. I know he's been apologetic and all, but I don't see how Dorsey is able to spin this in a positive way from a PR perspective. I'm just not a fan of it.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The are still young. A 1 million insurance policy at RB is a bargain. Plus, if he plays in the 2019 season, it'll save some wear and tear on Chubb without giving up production.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The are still young. A 1 million insurance policy at RB is a bargain. Plus, if he plays in the 2019 season, it'll save some wear and tear on Chubb without giving up production.
I would've rather seen them draft a guy like Miles Sanders or Mike Weber in the middle rounds as a backup, honestly. When we're talking strictly on the field, yeah it's a 100% steal, no questions asked. Given that he's going to face a lengthy suspension (could easily be the entire year, honestly), and the negative PR it brings to the team, I just don't like it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're being honest, his interaction was nowhere near as bad as Mixon, Tyreke Hill, Greg Hardy, Ray Rice, or incoming rookie Jeffrey Simmons, among others. It wasn't premeditated, and he wasn't the aggressor, and from accounts of the evening, he and his camp repeatedly told the women to leave his apartment but they were drunk and pissed that they didn't have the money to afford an Uber back to Kent. Even the girl's friend said she was being overly dramatic and out of line. Given the fact that she got up and walked away just fine, yeah, it wasn't like he brutally pummeled her like some others.

That said, it's just too soon. I know he's been apologetic and all, but I don't see how Dorsey is able to spin this in a positive way from a PR perspective. I'm just not a fan of it.
He wont need to spin it too much as the media here and the fans think the guy can do no wrong. National media could be a different story.

Now if this happened in 2017 and Sashi Brown signed him? Oh....my.....goodness.