• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns over clowns post game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree, having a guy that understands the system helps him execute the system until the other guy catches up. It doesn't make him a better play if he indeed isn't a better player.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had a bad team. He knows the offense better than Haskins right now. Since there wasn't a preseason you could of made the argument that Allen could of started this year. RR gave haskins the chance b/c of his draft status and so far he has failed. Its not that crazy for making the switch right now.

Was it a bad team? They were 5-3 at one point and Allen led four straight wins. Carolina was fifth in rushing YPA. They were eighth in interceptions on defense. Is it possible that Allen was a cause for the team being poor? Allen had the fourth most interceptions in the league and second most fumbles lost.

For the record, I don’t believe Allen is horrible, nor do I believe he was the reason Carolina was so bad; however, he was a big part of it.

You could easily make the argument Allen was the better player on day one because of his familiarity with the system. It wasn’t draft status that allowed DH to start...it is potential. Allen is limited in potential...we need to find out what we have in DH for future draft needs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it a bad team? They were 5-3 at one point and Allen led four straight wins. Carolina was fifth in rushing YPA. They were eighth in interceptions on defense. Is it possible that Allen was a cause for the team being poor? Allen had the fourth most interceptions in the league and second most fumbles lost.

For the record, I don’t believe Allen is horrible, nor do I believe he was the reason Carolina was so bad; however, he was a big part of it.

You could easily make the argument Allen was the better player on day one because of his familiarity with the system. It wasn’t draft status that allowed DH to start...it is potential. Allen is limited in potential...we need to find out what we have in DH for future draft needs.

I agree. Im routing for DH. Ravens and Rams coming up. Do i expect us to win those games? No, but I expect DH to play better. It just sucks b/c with an average QB we would be at least 2-1 right now. You remember when Cam Newton was a FA and no one wanted him. lol. We already make the trade for Allen at that time. Imagine if Cam was on this team. We would be talking about division champs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Im routing for DH. Ravens and Rams coming up. Do i expect us to win those games? No, but I expect DH to play better. It just sucks b/c with an average QB we would be at least 2-1 right now. You remember when Cam Newton was a FA and no one wanted him. lol. We already make the trade for Allen at that time. Imagine if Cam was on this team. We would be talking about division champs.

Exactly...you have to evaluate DH on his play.

Now you want to interject Cam. The Patriots are 2-1 because of their defense.

Miami scored 11 points and had three turnovers. Cam threw for 155 yards.
Raiders scored 20, NE had defensive TD, and recovered three fumbles. Cam threw for 162 and NE ran for nearly 300 yards.

You claim we would be far different if our QB was playing better; however, we lost by two TDS in each of our losses. Average QB play doesn’t necessarily account for that.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I have said this team had to earn my fandom . The redskins are the team I rooted for , not whatever DC team name there is . I don’t live In the DMV anymore and haven’t for 34 years or a decade more then I ever lived in the DMV . So root root root for the home team doesn’t apply to me . Right now I am willing to see what name we get and what this franchise is building

Fair enough.
BS it wouldn’t have had an effect on it . OTAs and preseason give you the chance to work the bugs out and get timing set before playing meaningful games . Right now we are pretty much at preseason game 3 .

BS it wouldn’t have had an effect on it . OTAs and preseason give you the chance to work the bugs out and get timing set before playing meaningful games . Right now we are pretty much at preseason game 3 .

If we are at preseason game 3 Haskins will certainly not be ready to start the opening game of the regular season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

If we are at preseason game 3 Haskins will certainly not be ready to start the opening game of the regular season.
i beg to differ , one game doesnt eliminate him . . before last week he had turned the ball over once on a sack . every qb in the history of the NFL has bad games even the great ones . i wont judge him on that alone . haskins could be a bust no doubt . i just dont see how anyone can determine that after 3 HC 's in one year , no off season , no preseason he has no chance at improving

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i beg to differ , one game doesnt eliminate him . . before last week he had turned the ball over once on a sack . every qb in the history of the NFL has bad games even the great ones . i wont judge him on that alone . haskins could be a bust no doubt . i just dont see how anyone can determine that after 3 HC 's in one year , no off season , no preseason he has no chance at improving

Your opinion matters as much as anyone who posts on this board but no more or no less.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...you have to evaluate DH on his play.

Now you want to interject Cam. The Patriots are 2-1 because of their defense.

Miami scored 11 points and had three turnovers. Cam threw for 155 yards.
Raiders scored 20, NE had defensive TD, and recovered three fumbles. Cam threw for 162 and NE ran for nearly 300 yards.

You claim we would be far different if our QB was playing better; however, we lost by two TDS in each of our losses. Average QB play doesn’t necessarily account for that.

We lost b/c of our QB's turnovers. yes any other QB for our team would have been 3-0 or 2-1. I know DH is young but he should be far better than what we are seeing on the field.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost b/c of our QB's turnovers. yes any other QB for our team would have been 3-0 or 2-1. I know DH is young but he should be far better than what we are seeing on the field.
How do you come to that conclusion ? Haskins didn’t turn the ball over in the first 2 games . Allen on the other hand instead of getting better went on an 8 game losing streak .

The issue here is you overate this team . It’s a 3-4 wins team because we. Lack talent at TE , Wr , o/line and safety . Depth is also an issue . We are also a young team with little on the field experience. .
How can anyone as a rookie / 2nd yr guy be farther along when he has had 3 HC’s , 2 OC’s in a calender yr ? Your expectations are out of whack . Stability is the key in qb development and he has had 3 qb coaches in less then a year

. These aren’t excuses these are facts and they need to be considered and not blown off because we are too impatient to let guys develop

let the guy try and develop and by the end of the year we will know if he is a bust or a guy who can lead this team and make choices based on a decent sample size

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you come to that conclusion ? Haskins didn’t turn the ball over in the first 2 games . Allen on the other hand instead of getting better went on an 8 game losing streak .

The issue here is you overate this team . It’s a 3-4 wins team because we. Lack talent at TE , Wr , o/line and safety . Depth is also an issue . We are also a young team with little on the field experience. .
How can anyone as a rookie / 2nd yr guy be farther along when he has had 3 HC’s , 2 OC’s in a calender yr ? Your expectations are out of whack . Stability is the key in qb development and he has had 3 qb coaches in less then a year

. These aren’t excuses these are facts and they need to be considered and not blown off because we are too impatient to let guys develop

let the guy try and develop and by the end of the year we will know if he is a bust or a guy who can lead this team and make choices based on a decent sample size

He did turn it over against Ari. This team is better that you think ut we wont win if Haskins keep playing like this.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Against Arizona, DH had one turnover on a fumble. They didn’t score 15 points off of one turnover.

Against the Browns, DH had four turnovers. We lost by 14 so we can easily say DH was a big reason we lost But the defense didn’t step up either. It hurt that we lost two stud starters on the DL in the game.
He did turn it over against Ari. This team is better that you think ut we wont win if Haskins keep playing like this.

I actually agree with this. We are a better team than this. We will improve. Are we a little better over the first three games with Allen? We may be 2-1...we may not. With Allen, at best we are a six win team. Six wins means we miss out on everything good in the next draft. With DH, playing up to his ability, we are a possible 10 win team. Play through the growing pains. We may end up in the playoff hunt or we may end up with a top pick...but we will be better long term playing DH either way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the sack fumble that wasn’t on him . We won’t win with 8 loss in row Allen either . We are destined for 1-5

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the sack fumble that wasn’t on him . We won’t win with 8 loss in row Allen either . We are destined for 1-5

Im not ready to throw in the season yet. Should be 2-1 right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not ready to throw in the season yet. Should be 2-1 right now.
We should be 0-3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why isn't 5-5 possible going into Thanksgiving? I cant believe you gave up on this team already. The reason why I'm so upset at DH b/c this was a win and he blew this game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't 5-5 possible going into Thanksgiving? I cant believe you gave up on this team already. The reason why I'm so upset at DH b/c this was a win and he blew this game.
We haven’t swept the giants in a long time , beating Dallas seems like another long shot . As I have said the teams we can beat can also beat us . I told you the browns could beat us and they did . I said the cards could beat us and they did . You bought the hype as a few did here . We should be 0-3,

the only qb who gets us to 5-5 will be Haskins not 0 for 8 Allen

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven’t swept the giants in a long time , beating Dallas seems like another long shot . As I have said the teams we can beat can also beat us . I told you the browns could beat us and they did . I said the cards could beat us and they did . You bought the hype as a few did here . We should be 0-3,

the only qb who gets us to 5-5 will be Haskins not 0 for 8 Allen

We beat ourselves in our 2 losses. Better QB play we win those games.