• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns cut Weeden

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is just as much of a potential bust.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they didn't offer up a 2nd for Cousins. I think that was the asking price, right?

Of course they would likely rather spend a top 4 pick on potential bust than a 2nd Round pick on Cousins.

because they would rather spend a 1st on a potential bust than a 2nd on a "pretty sure" bust. He showed nothing in the games that were supposed to showcase his trade value.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add it to the list of Cleveland Browns mistakes in 2012-2014 ever since Haslam took ownership... I wish I could feel bad for their franchise, but I can't since they reside in the AFCN. It's alarming how much changeover has been happening there.

Not that anyone cares, but here is a quick dateline to put things in perspective:

*Hired CEO Joe Banner 1 day after buying the Browns
*Fired HC Pat Shurmur after just 1 season under Haslam
*Fired GM Tom Heckert after 1 season under Haslam

*Failed to get Chip Kelly & Ken Wisenhunt who were the top 2 targets for the HC job.
*Hired HC Rod Chudzinski
*Hired GM Michael Lombardi
*Trade 2012 1st Rd draft pick Trent Richardson

*Fired GM Michael Lombardi after 1 season under Haslam
*"Fired" CEO Joe Banner (technically stepped down, but we know the truth) after 2 seasons under Haslam
*Fired HC Rod Chudzinski after 1 season under Haslam
*Debacle of a coaching search in which Josh McDaniels, Todd Bowles and Adam Gase all pulled their names out of consideration for the job. The team eventually hired Bills DC Mike Pettine, a man who wasn't considered a head-coaching candidate of any kind before the Browns made him one.
*Cut 2012 1st Rd draft pick Brandon Weeden
*Appoint Ray Farmer as replacement for GM position

Am I missing anything here? Still waiting to see what the genius Haslam has up his sleeve for a new CEO.

You covered most of the bases!

Sad too...CLE is such a football crazed town...to see CIN routinely trumping them lately has to add insult to injury. A lot of this recent slippery slope imo was started by the Holmgren regime, but if BB couldn't make it work there it makes you wonder if it was really worth the effort to keep all the Browns history etc...Doubtful the Ravens would've won any titles under the Browns name.

FWIW...it's a bad move but ridding Campbell and Weeden does make one think they will go for Manziel at 4, and the thing is he might still be there @ 26 if OAK doesn't take him.

steelerstew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel to Cleveland means:
1) All AFC Central Division opponents will be laughing their heads off AGAIN
2) Manziel will be backed up by Tebow
3) Cleveland will be last in Central (AGAIN)
4) They will be drafting another QB next year

Cleveland take some advise: Go get someone who isn't overhyped (3rd or 4th round) and trade/adquire someone with some experience. Since your return to NFL you stink at drafting QB.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You covered most of the bases!

Sad too...CLE is such a football crazed town. but if BB couldn't make it work there it makes you wonder if it was really worth the effort to keep all the Browns history etc...Doubtful the Ravens would've won any titles under the Browns name.

BB didn't make it work cause the front office sucked! Look Cleveland could very well be one of the top franchises if the owner would stay the hell out of it, ( See Dallas and Washington for examples of owners pissing on there own product) Hiring Banner was a total crap move, Banner success in Philly was because he worked with Fat Andy, its a team effort in building a team....

If I was the Browns right now after cutting these two, you stay the course, your looking at Bortles or Carr. You keep adding to that OL, find a running back or two and keep working on the defense. Hell you could go out and get a veteran QB and RB right now and let those early younger picks get worked into the system nice and slow instead of feeding them to the wolves right off the bat...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel to Cleveland means:
1) All AFC Central Division opponents will be laughing their heads off AGAIN
2) Manziel will be backed up by Tebow
3) Cleveland will be last in Central (AGAIN)
4) They will be drafting another QB next year

Cleveland take some advise: Go get someone who isn't overhyped (3rd or 4th round) and trade/adquire someone with some experience. Since your return to NFL you stink at drafting QB.

Never heard of the AFC "Central" division? I guess I missed when the North & South combined? :scratch:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are just like the Raiders. It's where QBs go to have their careers ruined. Rookies? Vets?
Doesn't matter. Most end up ruined.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns are just like the Raiders. It's where QBs go to have their careers ruined. Rookies? Vets?
Doesn't matter. Most end up ruined.

Manziel is doomed

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is doomed

If he's taken by either of them, yes. Browns it's 110% guaranteed Johnny football is ruined and odds of him making it in the NFL are pretty bad to begin with. Manziel on the Browns = Operation Run for your Life.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is an old school NFL city, and I wish they'd get their shit together. When I was a kid, my electric football teams were Browns, Cowboys, GIants. Though was born into Cowboy land and of course was a fan, always liked the old Browns. Really sucks they suck so bad.

Think Weeden will just be another overpaid backup for Cowboys, will take Orton's place in that regard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are building a pretty god team around whatever QB they take. This is a good team, they need a legit QB though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is forgetting they have Hoyer, who played good before he got hurt. They don't need Cousins, when they already have a better QB.

I say they pick Watkins and pick up a QB in a later round. Start Hoyer.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer did play well. When he went down, I was not happy cause I had Gordon on my FFT, and they were rolling pretty well. Of course, Gordon continued to roll, even with whatshisname in a QB after Hoyer went down.

Getting Tate could be a key chip for them as well. Now just need a QB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are building a pretty good team around whatever QB they take. This is a good team, they need a legit QB though

If I had a penny for every time I've heard a Cleveland fan say this…

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a penny for every time I've heard a Cleveland fan say this…

Well usually it was defense. But they actually have weapons on offense that are PROVEN. We will see. Just hoping for a winning season, anything above would be a gift.