• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns are Super Bowl Favorites, Lol!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely have a lot of young Talent. Their ceiling seems to be high but will they reach it and when?

Dorsey is notoriously horrible with the cap so at some point they are going to find themselves having to get rid of a lot of players
wish I could disagree with that last part. Many Browns fans think Dorsey can do no wrong. I do like him, but realize he was far from perfect in KC.

Fans have gone so far as to say Dorsey wants to replace Shoebert because he had too many missed tackles (shoebert, of course, drafted by previous regime). Never mind one of the players they would replace him with - Takitaki - was 5th in the country in missed tackles. Shoebert had fewer missed per game in the NFL than Takitaki playing against mostly G5 teams.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish I could disagree with that last part. Many Browns fans think Dorsey can do no wrong. I do like him, but realize he was far from perfect in KC.

Fans have gone so far as to say Dorsey wants to replace Shoebert because he had too many missed tackles (shoebert, of course, drafted by previous regime). Never mind one of the players they would replace him with - Takitaki - was 5th in the country in missed tackles. Shoebert had fewer missed per game in the NFL than Takitaki playing against mostly G5 teams.
The Browns are more than welcome to send Schobert to KC...

DeadOffensiveConure-size_restricted.gif

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's not debatable is you are refusing to answer a pretty simple hypothetical question, which is what an irrational person would do. If I make it multiple choice or true/false would you answer and not dodge?

Giants would still have moved OBJ had they gone 10-6 and been considered a strong playoff contender this year....
A) True
B) False

yes, we get where they are - tanking - they have no need for a WR among the top paid in the NFL.

C) Don't know. You can declare it to be simply a 'yes' or 'no' question, but that doesn't make it so.

Your question is irrelevant, which is why a rational person doesn't go down that rabbit hole. He was made the highest paid receiver after the worst record in franchise history. The Giants have $16M against the salary cap for a guy to not play for their team. Given his antics, and the team's spiral downwards, you can easily make the argument that he was part of the problem....hence a trade.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C) Don't know. You can declare it to be simply a 'yes' or 'no' question, but that doesn't make it so.

Your question is irrelevant, which is why a rational person doesn't go down that rabbit hole. He was made the highest paid receiver after the worst record in franchise history. The Giants have $16M against the salary cap for a guy to not play for their team. Given his antics, and the team's spiral downwards, you can easily make the argument that he was part of the problem....hence a trade.
A WR? Come on- the downward spiral is management and their inability to draft anyone; along with Eli's decline is real.

OBJ is a scapegoat.

This is the same organization that hasn't traded down since like 2006.

This is the same organization that drafted Daniel Jones in the top 10.

This is the same organization that drafted a fucking RB #2 overall in 2018, not 1978.

This is the same organization that treats Eli Manning like he is Peyton Manning

This is the same organization that proceeds to draft a NT in the first round with the 1st they got back for Odell

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A WR? Come on- the downward spiral is management and their inability to draft anyone; along with Eli's decline.

OBJ is a scapegoat.

They are called divas for a reason. Addition by subtraction is another term....and there is a lot of history to support the notion of teams moving on from these personalities.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question is very relevant. also pretty easy question so odd you are so scared to answer.

Yes, we get what happened. NYG are tanking and have no reason to have one of the top paid WRs in the game so they can maybe win an extra game or 2 and ruin draft position.

The question that for some reason you are scared to answer is would they have the same approach if they were a contending team?

A) Yes
B) No

No other options.

Yes, you can make the argument he was part of the problem but you don't know. Funny you are not scared to jump to that conclusion.

Can't argue with irrational (though I tried).

NAIVEONE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that, at this point, they're paper champs. For as much talent as Beckham has, (arguably the best WR in the game) I have to question if his personality outweighs his production. There is a reason why guys like him and Antonio Brown were traded. It's been a while since a team won a SB with a toxic type receiver.[/QUOTE]

Prima donna wide receivers/players are perfectly fine teammates if there's strong leadership and other strong personalities in the locker room to offset them. Randy Moss was an altar boy in NE because he respected Brady and Belicheck. Terrell Owens didn't become a cancer on the team until Jerry Rice left for Oakland. Dennis Rodman, out of respect for MJ, toned his act down and became a team first player. So I think other strong personalities like Mayfield and his BFF Landry will keep OBJ in check and focused on just producing on the field.

But if they get off to a bad start and/or underachieve this year it will be an ugly scene and circus in Cleveland, with plenty of finger-pointing.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is very relevant. also pretty easy question so odd you are so scared to answer.

Yes, we get what happened. NYG are tanking and have no reason to have one of the top paid WRs in the game so they can maybe win an extra game or 2 and ruin draft position.

The question that for some reason you are scared to answer is would they have the same approach if they were a contending team?

A) Yes
B) No

No other options.

Yes, you can make the argument he was part of the problem but you don't know. Funny you are not scared to jump to that conclusion.

Can't argue with irrational (though I tried).

I have answered the question. That you don't like the answer is your problem. I'm simply dealing with the facts, and the fact is that OBJ has developed a reputation....and from many aspects, a not-so-positive one. That isn't a media creation. The Giants traded out an extremely talented player, and are willing to eat $16M for that move. It's quite obvious this is more than just a 'business decision.'

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prima donna wide receivers/players are perfectly fine teammates if there's strong leadership and other strong personalities in the locker room to offset them. Randy Moss was an altar boy in NE because he respected Brady and Belicheck. Terrell Owens didn't become a cancer on the team until Jerry Rice left for Oakland. Dennis Rodman, out of respect for MJ, toned his act down and became a team first player. So I think other strong personalities like Mayfield and his BFF Landry will keep OBJ in check and focused on just producing on the field.

But if they get off to a bad start and/or underachieve this year it will be an ugly scene and circus in Cleveland, with plenty of finger-pointing.

Didn't the Patriots trade Moss? Other than that, I generally agree....although I don't know if Cleveland has the people to keem him in line.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have answered the question. That you don't like the answer is your problem. I'm simply dealing with the facts, and the fact is that OBJ has developed a reputation....and from many aspects, a not-so-positive one. That isn't a media creation. The Giants traded out an extremely talented player, and are willing to eat $16M for that move. It's quite obvious this is more than just a 'business decision.'

I guess an answer of "I don't know" is answering, so good point by you. If the answer was they'd still get rid of OBJ even if they were a contender you'd have said so. Clearly you believe they would have kept him under those circumstances but you can't say so because it refutes your own "logic".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Patriots trade Moss? Other than that, I generally agree....although I don't know if Cleveland has the people to keem him in line.
I don't know either, but watch this.....I think they do.

Look at me offering an opinion even though I'm not sure. Crazy, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one person on the roster that can probably (or hopefully) keep OBJ's ego in check is his best friend Jarvis Landry.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it’s not too crazy considering they draft Mack and Takitaki lol. They have two options now: 1. Resign Schobert for a lot more money 2. Or replace him with one of those two guys and let him walk

I dont see any posts saying Dorsey hasnt done no wrong. Either way he has put the Browns in contention to fight for the division and playoffs (we havent said that in 20+ years) regardless of future cap numbers. The good thing about the cap is the Browns dont have to worry about that for at least two years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No you couldnt make a case for a WR being part of the problem, management is awful. Gettleman is a joke and he changes their “team goal and plan” every year and lies to the fans. Like I have reiterated, the media has overblown OBJ like they overblow everything. All his teammates loved him. I wouldnt believe everything you see in “nfl rumors” and these media outlets. The Giants organization aa a whole is a mess, a “diva WR” isnt making a difference. Even though that is exaggerrated

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it’s not too crazy considering they draft Mack and Takitaki lol. They have two options now: 1. Resign Schobert for a lot more money 2. Or replace him with one of those two guys and let him walk

I dont see any posts saying Dorsey hasnt done no wrong. Either way he has put the Browns in contention to fight for the division and playoffs (we havent said that in 20+ years) regardless of future cap numbers. The good thing about the cap is the Browns dont have to worry about that for at least two years.
This is not the only posts where I read about the Browns. And, yes, on many of them Dorsey can do no wrong. You make my point on drafting Takitaki. Many fans love the pick (looks good to me). They cry about shoebert because of all the missed tackles.....never mind Takitaki missed more per game in college than Shoebert did in the NFL.

want a perfect example? Dorsey chose to keep Zane Gonzalez through all of FA and camp and into the season last year. Then Dorsey made the decision to pick up Joseph. Never mind Zane was 7-7 on FGs inside 50 in AZ and 2-4 beyond 50. I've heard many blame the regime who drafted Zane in the first place for Dorsey picking up a kicker they don't like.

Now Dorsey used a 5th rounder on a kicker. Looks like an OK choice, but last regime was ripped for taking the Groza winner (Zane) in round 7.

if you choose to reply note my issue is not with Dorsey. I just find the double standard from fans to be comical.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one person on the roster that can probably (or hopefully) keep OBJ's ego in check is his best friend Jarvis Landry.

That could be the wild card in that scenario. I know they're buds and all, so it seems all or nothing. One guy saves another from drowning or one guy drags the other down.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you couldnt make a case for a WR being part of the problem, management is awful. Gettleman is a joke and he changes their “team goal and plan” every year and lies to the fans. Like I have reiterated, the media has overblown OBJ like they overblow everything. All his teammates loved him. I wouldnt believe everything you see in “nfl rumors” and these media outlets. The Giants organization aa a whole is a mess, a “diva WR” isnt making a difference. Even though that is exaggerrated
I could even stipulate OBJ is an issue.....I still maintain if the team was good they keep him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be the wild card in that scenario. I know they're buds and all, so it seems all or nothing. One guy saves another from drowning or one guy drags the other down.
I think Baker and Adam Henry (coach of OBJ/Landry at LSU) can also help.