• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooks crying

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think it is hilarious that Brooks is crying about the personal foul call against Brees? Funny that Harbaugh thought it was legal too. It has been against the rules to clothesline a player for a long time. I can't think of a more blatant call than that. Brooks said he basically bear hugged Brees. Really? That wasn't a tomahawk swing around the neck clothesline? Give me a break.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic baby. I find it hilarious, esp when he says that's "probably the reason" they lost. Yeah right, let me count the reasons...start with Crapernick playing another bad game and go from there until you get to about 12 or 15 of them.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I hate the 49'ers as much as anybody... and they didn't play a great game in San Francisco, as they are a much lesser team than they were the past two seasons...

that being said...

It was a bad call... It really was... and it cost them the football game.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day when they let football be played as a man's game I never remember so many top QB going down with injury as often as today. Now with these flag football rules they seem to drop more than ever. Maybe they were just tougher back in the day.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I hate the 49'ers as much as anybody... and they didn't play a great game in San Francisco, as they are a much lesser team than they were the past two seasons...

that being said...

It was a bad call... It really was... and it cost them the football game.

Well he just got fined for the hit. Still think it was a bad call. I hate the 9ers, so I am biased, but he clearly did NOT hit him in the chest. That was a hit to the neck and head area and it wasn't even close. I don't see how anyone can see that play and not agree with the call. I do believe the rules have gotten to the point where they baby QBs a little, but not agreeing with the rule and arguing that Brooks didn't break the rule are completely different.

Also, the Saints were down 3 when it happened. Even if they punt, the way that game was going, you have to believe they were going to get the ball back and at least tie it. I mean they won the game in regulation.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else think it is hilarious that Brooks is crying about the personal foul call against Brees? Funny that Harbaugh thought it was legal too. It has been against the rules to clothesline a player for a long time. I can't think of a more blatant call than that. Brooks said he basically bear hugged Brees. Really? That wasn't a tomahawk swing around the neck clothesline? Give me a break.

He didn't close line him, he hit him in his chest. The problem is he hit him so hard that Brees' neck snapped forward and made it look like a close line. It was a bullshit call but that's today's NFL.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops, I just noticed I'm on the Arizona Cardinals board. Carry on, fellas.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That flag gets thrown 9 out of 10 times regardless of the QB. I'm not saying I agree with rule, just saying it was the right call. How does everybody miss Brooks shoulder going right into the side of Brees head. It is so obvious. Then he drags him down by the head/helmet.

Players will get used to the rule eventually and you will see defenders adjust.

And yes, Brooks is a crying bitch who needs to let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't close line him, he hit him in his chest. The problem is he hit him so hard that Brees' neck snapped forward and made it look like a close line. It was a bullshit call but that's today's NFL.

Look around the 19 to 23 second mark and tell me that he hit him in the chest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi-k-6wwwF4]Drew Brees gets hit by Ahmad Brooks (Sun Nov 17th 2013) - YouTube[/ame]

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was fined to "save face" if you ask me... He wrapped the guy up, it was basically his chest hitting Bree's chest, and he was wrapping up...

It's one thing to Launch yourself at a guy with a shoulder, but he actually wrapped Brees up... now obviously it was high, but I don't think you can really ask a defender to do anything more. Brooks even had his head up...

I've coached football... and to be honest... that hit was TEXTBOOK, of how you should hit a QB...

They've taken too much away from Defensive players... and this one should have been let go...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees looks like he's about to poop his pants. I don't think there was an intent to end the guys career or anything evil like that...but it was a call he shouldn't be surprised was made in the 2013 NFL.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was fined to "save face" if you ask me... He wrapped the guy up, it was basically his chest hitting Bree's chest, and he was wrapping up...

It's one thing to Launch yourself at a guy with a shoulder, but he actually wrapped Brees up... now obviously it was high, but I don't think you can really ask a defender to do anything more. Brooks even had his head up...

I've coached football... and to be honest... that hit was TEXTBOOK, of how you should hit a QB...

They've taken too much away from Defensive players... and this one should have been let go...

Textbooks are constantly rewritten. Looks like it is time for a tackling textbook rewrite because the NFL has changed.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, you can argue the rule all you want, but to say that was a legal hit because you don't like the rule doesn't make sense. Defenders are not allowed to hit QBs in the head and neck area. He wrapped up Brees around the neck. Not the chest. The only thing that hit Brees in the chest was his elbow. His bicep hit Brees in the neck and his shoulder hits him in the head.