• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooks accused of sexual assault

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the team saw this coming and that's why they grabbed Harold.

It's TMZ (remember Kap), but Brooks was already on thin ice with the team.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geeze you guys aint catching a break this offseason

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of this. Sounds like this has turned into a civil legal war

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office needs a culture change. The team is turning into the Raiders and that ticks me off as a long time fan. I hate to say it,but maybe the NFL should fine the Yorks. To get the point accross that enough is enough with breaking the law.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office needs a culture change. The team is turning into the Raiders and that ticks me off as a long time fan. I hate to say it,but maybe the NFL should fine the Yorks. To get the point accross that enough is enough with breaking the law.

Fine York for what? McDonald was not charged with a crime. Apparently, if I read this correctly, this is related to the McDonald case which the police looked into and did not bring charges. At this point, I am assuming the police knew Brooks was there and investigated his involvement and didn't have enough evidence to bring charges against him. This is a civil matter at this point, just going off this story. McDonald is suing her for defimation of Character. Maybe this is her way of fighting back. She claims there is videotape of this. If so, and if it shows wrongdoing, than that would be a different story. If there is such a tape showing such behavior, I would be curious as to why the police never acted on it.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 1m1 minute ago

Alleged victim in the Ray McDonald/Ahmad Brooks lawsuit is represented by Gloria Allred, who has scheduled a press conference today.

p.s. expect her liberal media pals to cover it. cnn/msnbc

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this story is true. Its from the same women that lied about Ray. If true 49ers are about to have 7 million to add to the cap and if Smith retires 49ers will 17-19 million under the cap. They can do some thing with that money.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine York for what? McDonald was not charged with a crime. Apparently, if I read this correctly, this is related to the McDonald case which the police looked into and did not bring charges. At this point, I am assuming the police knew Brooks was there and investigated his involvement and didn't have enough evidence to bring charges against him. This is a civil matter at this point, just going off this story. McDonald is suing her for defimation of Character. Maybe this is her way of fighting back. She claims there is videotape of this. If so, and if it shows wrongdoing, than that would be a different story. If there is such a tape showing such behavior, I would be curious as to why the police never acted on it.

This wreaks of a cash grab attempt on her behalf, I hate to sound like an ass here, but if McDonald wasn't charged and like you said the police are well aware that Brooks was there, he should be fine. If there is solid evidence against Brooks it's likely he will not be with the team shortly and we will have more cap room to play with.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wreaks of a cash grab attempt on her behalf, I hate to sound like an ass here, but if McDonald wasn't charged and like you said the police are well aware that Brooks was there, he should be fine. If there is solid evidence against Brooks it's likely he will not be with the team shortly and we will have more cap room to play with.

Hard to say what is going on. Could be her move to counter McDonald's lawsuit.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if this story is true. Its from the same women that lied about Ray. If true 49ers are about to have 7 million to add to the cap and if Smith retires 49ers will 17-19 million under the cap. They can do some thing with that money.

I think we only save a little over $4 million if Smith retires (though we could potentially recoup part of his signing bonus), and only $1.5 million if Brooks is cut at this point. This is based on the contract numbers from Spotrac.com and Over the Cap. If we cut Brooks after June 1, I believe the savings would be closer to $4.5 million. That would get us in to the $14-15 million area in cap space, which we would likely use to extend our current players.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The claim is that there's video of Brooks groping her. McDonald was largely exonerated based on video of what was apparently clearly consensual sex, but it is entirely possible that Brooks was caught on tape groping her while she was passed out. We'll see how it plays out. And how the league chooses to deal with it as it's a civil matter rather than a criminal matter.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This allegation deserves the "bitches be crazy" label.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The claim is that there's video of Brooks groping her. McDonald was largely exonerated based on video of what was apparently clearly consensual sex, but it is entirely possible that Brooks was caught on tape groping her while she was passed out. We'll see how it plays out. And how the league chooses to deal with it as it's a civil matter rather than a criminal matter.

The woman claims there is a video out there which may be true. But I would think if there was a video out there the police would have obtained and viewed the video. If there was any damning evidence on the video, I would think the police would have used that video as evidence to bring charges. At the same time, anyone can file a lawsuit despite merit. Also, the burden of proof in a civil lawsuit is much less than a criminal case. I also really doubt Ray McDonald's lawsuit will go anywhere. His charge would be difficult to prove.