• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooks accused of sexual assault

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The woman claims there is a video out there which may be true. But I would think if there was a video out there the police would have obtained and viewed the video. If there was any damning evidence on the video, I would think the police would have used that video as evidence to bring charges. At the same time, anyone can file a lawsuit despite merit. Also, the burden of proof in a civil lawsuit is much less than a criminal case. I also really doubt Ray McDonald's lawsuit will go anywhere. His charge would be difficult to prove.

And the charging standard in criminal cases is (or should be) fairly high. You should believe you can prove the charge beyond a reasonable doubt. If all the authorities have is a video of, say, Brooks groping her breast while she's lying on the couch or something, that could be an awfully hard case to prove. Especially if you have reason to believe that she's made baseless accusations against someone else.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the charging standard in criminal cases is (or should be) fairly high. You should believe you can prove the charge beyond a reasonable doubt. If all the authorities have is a video of, say, Brooks groping her breast while she's lying on the couch or something, that could be an awfully hard case to prove. Especially if you have reason to believe that she's made baseless accusations against someone else.

But still, what kind of person does that? They may not be able to prove a criminal offense but it takes a pretty creepy dude to fondle an unconscious woman. The Niners should cut him just on that video if it does exist.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Eli Harold is any good then Brooks will be cut (maybe after June 1st?)

The woman in this suit is basically now after money, even though they cannot prove it criminally. She deserves money if those dudes were fondling her when she was passed out.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The woman in this suit is basically now after money, even though they cannot prove it criminally. She deserves money if those dudes were fondling her when she was passed out.

traded?

but they really won't really know how good Eli is......till Pre-Season at best.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But still, what kind of person does that? They may not be able to prove a criminal offense but it takes a pretty creepy dude to fondle an unconscious woman. The Niners should cut him just on that video if it does exist.

A disturbingly high percentage of college males? I'm not endorsing it. Just saying it could be enough evidence to support a civil case, but pretty far below what would be needed to prove a criminal case.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think Brooks' status is tied more to Lemonier than Harold. It's a given Harold is making the team. If Lemonier can look borderline competent, then Brooks would be more easily expendable.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
traded?

but they really won't really know how good Eli is......till Pre-Season at best.

I'm not sure we'll be able to move Brooks at his current salary, though I suppose it's worth a shot to move him if we decide to part ways with him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A disturbingly high percentage of college males? I'm not endorsing it. Just saying it could be enough evidence to support a civil case, but pretty far below what would be needed to prove a criminal case.

I would hope Brooks would be well beyond that level of maturity by now

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks has broke a beer bottle over a teammates head before lol #thuglife