• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos were it all went wrong !

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look it is never a bad thing to look at were we went wrong to Lucas that is his idea... I am fine with his Idea...

Please expand Lucas ....By the way Lucas ...I love you ...

I would rather go down swinging like Alex Gibbs wanted this team to . He was pissed because Fox went into his Shell !

We are now still running that shell of our once great , Record breaking Offence ...Elway Fired fox because he at least wanted to go down Swinging ....Well all I am begging for is to go out swinging with all we can be ! This team is capable of being the best ever!! They need to fail at being the best ! Gibbs was right ! We need to fail before you make changes on the best Offence Ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of the game fail before you make the changes we did they don't work ! yet we are still trying to be Foxs Shell of a O last year . that drives me nuts ...They need our SB as there blue print !

I said at the start of the week I thought there was hope because screens showed up in game plans and they worked not bad at all ..so as with any pay that works that will be utilized .. I listened to Kubiak and he talks players not doing there jobs ! well I will counter that with all my statements above !!!!!!!!!!!!! You go into games with all the playbook . We are with last years what we did well !!!!!! That is Crazy . We are running the shell of a O that fox put this into last year ...we are running what we did good last year .. not the O we ran Durring the SB year !! Fail at be great first !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kubiak please let my Broncos be Free from these chains fox shackled this team with .

The problem with this is the OL has worked to change. They have been working to become more of the Kubiak ZBS style instead of the power style. The biggest issue right now is the OL has no unity. They are doing the combo blocks that make the ZBS so famous but the problem is the timing of when to get off one block and move to the next. They just don't have the timing down. The next big problem is the LT/TE's have been terrible this year. The interior group is doing pretty well. Paradis had a terrible game against the Raiders but otherwise he has been decent. Vasquez and Mathis are doing really well actually especially the last 2 games. Harris and before that Sambrailo though because they have not been able to do their blocks are really messing up the whole unit. When you throw in Green and Daniels have been inconsistent at best it means the backside or even strong side depending where they are cannot sustain their blocks long enough for the RB's to be able to make a decision.

So I do think they are trying to change things but the group has not worked well together.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the biggest difference passing game wise for Kubiak compared to Gase as it really isn't Foxes offense it was Gase's is that Kubiak does not like to do the rub routes. He likes for all receivers to be an option instead of trying to set up just one player. He also doesn't like the idea of doing a play that stands a decent chance of getting penalized. So he has taken that part of the Gase offense out of the playbook. He has still allowed some of the WR Screens that we used so often in 2013 but the rub routes are out.

Honestly I don't think the 2013 offense is the way to go. It obviously worked great that year. The problem is as more teams studied the film they figured out the Broncos tendencies. It is in my opinion part of the reason we saw the struggles at times to produce in 2014. Teams began to see the Broncos as predictable. I mean it was easy to see on a 3rd and say 5 play that they wanted to run a quick pick play and try to get the ball in DT's hands and let him make a play. This meant that safeties began playing closer to the LOS and OLB's started running to the outside edge meaning more bodies for DT to have to get through to make a play. Teams left the middle of the field wide open because Manning and the Broncos offense in general just refused to throw there. Especially when Julius Thomas went down they just had nobody running over the middle. This year again we are missing that threat over the middle with Owen Daniels being a non-weapon and what we were hoping would be Latimer stepping up just hasn't happened. This is why I am hoping the team will do more with Sanders moving to the slot and have Bennie Fowler on the outside. This gives Sanders the chance to catch those quick passes over the middle and pick up big chunk yards. It also helps in stopping some of the double-A gap blitzes from happening as teams can't abandon the middle of the field as much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is actually a very good series going on at Milehighreport about the run game and just the failures. They agree a lot with what I just said (probably why I like the series) in that the unit is not working well together at least in the run game. It seems like 3 of the 5 OL guys do the right thing on any given play but the problem is those other 2 that completely blow their assignment means the play just isn't going to work. when you throw in the TE's just not doing well at all. I really do think it is time to bench Owen Daniels. He has not been great in the passing game which was supposed to be his best part of his game so when you throw in he is doing a terrible job blocking this year I just would rather see Green getting his chance. He hasn't been a great blocker so far this year either but I like his chances of turning that part of his game around than that of Daniels becoming a force for us.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay now here is the deal ...I still say Kubiak is also right in wanting the Deep plays ...my thing is he is not Drawing from the right years game plans Start were we were a SB team ! Kubiak is a brilliant man but sometimes Brilliant men need a_________ to whisper into there ear to get them were they should of started to make his brilliant's shine ! damn If I can come up with the word ... I am going for a mountain Biking ..to clear my mind .

Muse lol

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase is Ernie Zampisie O ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look We lost our Keep the D Honest part of our O ! The Screens keep the D from flooding the middle of the Field ! with out the screen part the D Tees off they know Manning cannot run so all they got to do is everyone meet at the QB. then all the CB has to do is be ready for WR to make catch and tackle.. look this is easy to fix stop the D from sale out they will stop the second we start screening them to death ! it will work that is why our RG is also messed up !

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look We lost our Keep the D Honest part of our O ! The Screens keep the D from flooding the middle of the Field ! with out the screen part the D Tees off they know Manning cannot run so all they got to do is everyone meet at the QB. then all the CB has to do is be ready for WR to make catch and tackle.. look this is easy to fix stop the D from sale out they will stop the second we start screening them to death ! it will work that is why our RG is also messed up !

It goes way beyond that though 58crash. Here is the problem with your theory...The way teams are blitzing us is to both contain the screen game but also still bring pressure. What teams are doing is bringing the delayed A-Gap blitz. What this allows is for the blitzer up the middle to pause for a half second and watch what is developing in front of them. A screen pass on a regular basis would give that player plenty of opportunity to make a big play. It also still allows them to blitz after that pause and because our OL guys have not figured out how to come off of a block like they are supposed to in that situation we keep running into the same thing happening.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McD Drafted D Thomas for a reason ! He is all world at defenders in front of him ! If you hit him with space in front of him he is good for gold . if the defender knows that the ball is going to be on D Thomas guess what you just nullified what makes him great . trailbehind and make sure tackle at 1.what ever ... point being .. We became one dimensional Because We lost our pulling Guards last year .. to compound that problem was we were never any good running pure power..

All the fog(what is wrong with the team.) in the world does not Deter what worked with Manning and worked so well it was reweighting the Record books !!!!!!!!!! Alex Gibbs had this team Flying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why not give it a chance before accepting this mess we got now ... because at this point Mess is what we got !! I promise they had Gibbs mad as hornet during the SB for good reason .. I know that man to be a solid OL coach that has ever came though Denver .. He is brilliant and can mesh What Manning and zone blocking are good together it is already been done .. if you don't believe then you believe in changing something that already worked !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delayed blitz is easy to fix .. been fixed for 3 games

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Gibbs system has no holes . Fact !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To pull it off you need to discipline and dictate... If you are not he will tell you ! in the SB he was telling Gase he was not being discipline and that he was letting the D dictate our plays .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at like this . We have yet to be stopped with Alex Gibbs O ... Why would you not try what worked so well before ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still tring to figure out what manning and zone works ... guess what it has already been done his name is Alex Gibbs ..this team needs to use his work and stop trying to improve on that mess called last year . last year was flawed I have showed this over and over . The team showed it over and over .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how you view it, the Broncos are winning. Doesn't matter how or who, they're winning football games. As long as the Bronco defense keeps it together, the Broncos will be in every game. Injuries are the one thing that no team can afford. They are the mitigating factor and will change everything for any team.

The Patriots are saying all of the right things about every opponent but they've got game #11 circled because all things being equal, that will be the NFL Highlight Game of the Year at Mile High.

I just hope neither team has any more serious injuries.

Believe me, Peyton will be primed for this one.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Wonder what would happen if Denver's line actual took their man and pushed him back instead of himself getting shoved backwards on just about every running play. Yes the timing is off but that's no excuse for sticking your ass in your running backs face. It is taking them time too gel,etc but in the meantime, take care of your guy and win the line of scrimmage battle. I could be wrong here but then every network, article written,etc regarding Broncos offensive woes being lack of " winning the battle " at line of scrimmage, are way off also. Go back to your recordings and see where those lineman are when rb gets contacted. Their on the wrong side of the line more than their not. Just Man Up and the rest will come together boys.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread guys.

You can beat the A gap blitz by rolling out - or by completing passes down field. Manning can't seem to set himself on a roll out for any kind of accurate throw, but the defense sure doesn't expect him to roll out - it is open every time.

My theory is the Manning is not in the synchronized practice state he is used to being in when the season starts. Kubiak has been saving his reps - Manning therefore - has not been getting his reps near the amount of practice snaps that he had in the past. Manning will be fresher at the end of the season - less physically and emotionally stressed and well synchronized at the end of the season and in the playoffs. It is not Manning's arm - he has overthrown as many as he has thrown at someone's feet - he is not synchronized. Manning's natural competitiveness will drive him to a solution.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can beat the A gap blitz by rolling out - or by completing passes down field. Manning can't seem to do either one .

There ya go Ming, I fixed that quote for you ;)

You guys are eternal optimists

Come December, when Manning is all energized and "saved" for the end of the season, I will be rooting for him

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like what I'm seeing in this team - lucas.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few extra things to add to this discussion:

1) Because we have no threat over the middle right now teams are not respecting the middle of the field. Owen Daniels and Manning have had terrible timing and Daniels isn't forcing anybody to respect the middle with a Linebacker good enough to cover him.

2) That means teams focus on the outside which is why so many of our quick WR Screens have so many defenders surrounding DT

3) Teams are playing more zone-switch not allowing our receivers to catch those quick passes and get much going. It also delays Manning from being able to pull the trigger when he wants. We are missing Wes Welker on this part as he is the best zone killer I have ever seen.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like your saying teams are not afraid of the run or the deep ball.Guess I'd be doing same thing if I was a DC. That's been the strategy by every team they've played so far and it's worked wonders. Not rocket science playing the Broncos offense right now. Take away the short and intermediate routes, put some pressure on the Ol'man and worry about run game if they actually show something. Denver offense isn't even one-dimensional right now. Their almost non existent. Easy game plan right now for DC's. It's pretty obvious, start running the ball. Passing games best friend.