• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos/Cowboys game

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems so backwards to me that Denver is up 17-0 and we only have 22 yards rushing as a team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems so backwards to me that Denver is up 17-0 and we only have 22 yards rushing as a team.

Top two running backs aren’t even playing.
Pass game and D took care of us this game.
Cowboys 16 penalties. We have played much much much cleaner then Dallas. They haven’t really done anything.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turner Yell concussion evaluation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only made it through the 1st half of the game, but plenty to be excited about...

The concerns for me:

Defensive Line depth. Harris and Agim were not holding well in the run game. Cowboys had a lot of holding calls against them that helped, but just seemed like they were getting pushed back a few yards every time. Not great if the rookies are going to be asked to play significant snaps this year because those guys couldn't step up.

Run Blocking: Hard to evaluate this one because most of those guys will not be getting any kind of significant snaps like some of the DL guys could be getting, but the unit looked out of sorts. Way too many plays with the Cowboys shooting a gap and making a play in the backfield.

Griffith: Any time a potential starting player goes down with what could be a significant injury it is tough to watch. Hopefully he is on the shorter end of recovery time for that type of injury, but even when he returns have to wonder how that will change his game.

The Good:

Josh Johnson looks good as a backup QB. His work right before the half is something we haven't seen even from a starter in a long time. Didn't let a bad penalty destroy the drive and never looked hurried in a hurry up situation. I definitely feel a little bit better at the idea of him coming in for a game or two if needed.

WR Depth: The Broncos are swimming in WR's right now. Seth Williams looked quicker than I remembered him last year. Hinton really looks comfortable playing the position and Montrell Washington is going to be a weapon. Johnson was a bit up and down, but when they needed a big catch he found a way to come down with it. Hoping he can stick around on PS.

Mathis: Love this rookie. I'll have to go back and watch him again, but when left on an island the game did not look too big for him.

Special teams: For once the Broncos won the special teams battle. Blocked punt, good returns, decent coverage, and McManus at least made his 2nd opportunity. Considering most of these guys will make this roster based on what they could do for special teams I'm liking that they held their own.

Edge Depth: Browning might prove he should be starting for about half the teams in the league by the end of the year. Bonitto made some nice plays as well. Malik Reed was in position on some plays. Just a good showing for this unit that the Broncos might do pretty well when going through the rotation.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonas out 4-6 weeks dislocated elbow. Could be worse I guess.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible rushing game tonight
zero first downs rushing

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of extra practice for BB or showcasing him in a trade package.

seems silly and opens the coaches up to scrutiny for him to be playing in the 4th

just look at Griffith. did Jewell start as well?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't take anything from the run game tonight.

Doesn't concern me one bit. We lit them up through the air. A lot of the starting OL in this game for us won't even be on the roster.

Games started by starting OL today- 0 (Glasgow is 2nd unit and he did fine anyway)
Javonte Williams- 0 carries
Melvin Gordon- 0 carries
Mike Boone- 3 carries

Stevie Scott 6 carries
Jaquan Hardy 5 carries
Max Borghi 4 carries

(These 3 are fighting for a PS spot)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of extra practice for BB or showcasing him in a trade package.

seems silly and opens the coaches up to scrutiny for him to be playing in the 4th

just look at Griffith. did Jewell start as well?

Highly doubt we are trading Browning. He needs a lot of reps at OLB. A position he has never played. Likely could see him playing a lot less next game. PS games you often see some players play a lot one game and then next game you may see another guy they want getting the extra reps or a look at. Remember, we only have 3 PS games now.

Browning will play a lot this year but he needs reps in PS... He may only have two PS games if you sit the majority of locked in players the last games. You can't just throw a guy who changed positions on the field during the regular season without letting him get experience at the position in PS games.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and no Jewell did not start. I believe only Griffith and Malik Reed started from our current 1st team depth chart.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more positives then negatives to take from this game. That is for sure. First PS game, we showed we have depth and played clean football. We were much more crisp then Dallas. Good indication of good coaching.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more positives then negatives to take from this game. That is for sure. First PS game, we showed we have depth and played clean football. We were much more crisp then Dallas. Good indication of good coaching.
Yea, those 17 penalties on the Cowboys don’t reflect well on their coaching staff.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and no Jewell did not start. I believe only Griffith and Malik Reed started from our current 1st team depth chart.
the 4 starters have question marks or did not perform up to the level of expectation in the thursday practice and coaches needed to see more.

RT will be a problem for us this year unless Turner comes back

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt we are trading Browning. He needs a lot of reps at OLB. A position he has never played. Likely could see him playing a lot less next game. PS games you often see some players play a lot one game and then next game you may see another guy they want getting the extra reps or a look at. Remember, we only have 3 PS games now.

Browning will play a lot this year but he needs reps in PS... He may only have two PS games if you sit the majority of locked in players the last games. You can't just throw a guy who changed positions on the field during the regular season without letting him get experience at the position in PS games.
but into the 4th? you can see right now the raw ability to make plays. is that worth the risk of injury into the 4th? i would disagree with the coaches having him out there in the 4th with the 4th stringers. it’s reckless unless there is more to the story

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with observations here that the WRs room seems very deep.

Hackett had only one training camp practice with real blocking and tackling full speed and that was the Thursday scrum with the Boys. That provides a partial explanation for the less than dominate performance of the reserves playing on the Oline and Dline and also some tackling issues.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but into the 4th? you can see right now the raw ability to make plays. is that worth the risk of injury into the 4th? i would disagree with the coaches having him out there in the 4th with the 4th stringers. it’s reckless unless there is more to the story
It would be extremely stupid to trade Browning due to his upside, but it is perplexing they played him that late into the game