• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos/Bears time to get back on track

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF is a Broncos fan. He posted on the Broncos board on espn for a number of years. He changes his mind about different players, though his current infatuation with Sweet Baby Jay has lasted longer than I would ever have suspected.

Thank you. I am a real fan, even though I have my faults. I also have a great deal of respect for cdumler. I think he's a great poster with great football knowledge. Since Cutler facing the Broncos again is a story, I don't think it's a problem talking about that this week. Especially since cdumler brought up how Cutler left Denver. That's how this all started. I posted the article where Sundquist said that McDaniels berated Cutler in their first meeting and never had any intention of working with him. I've also praised Cutler's great play this season, this week, and this is the ONLY week I will talk about that here. So I certainly hope cdumler will not use his power to silence me. I don't think he will because he seems like a good guy. I think he's just afraid I might go overboard this weekend when the teams play each other, HA. But I promise I won't.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF, I've only seen spotty posting history from you and it's a mixed bag. Understand this: I really do not dislike you. I just see you piling on a player who has done more for the Broncos than any other since Elway retired. That does not sound like a Broncos fan so it's fair to question loyalties.

With that said, the screen name is not worth the name recognition. This is another reason I question your legitimacy as a Broncos fan. Most fans root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. We picked up a lot of Tebow fans who wore Broncos colors but were not really Broncos fans, so my suspicion is well founded.

Lastly, I've heard mixed answers. Are you a male or a female?

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but then you came here not just questioning his ability to play but now his leadership and attitude towards the team. That is going beyond just his play on the field. Throw in you have done this just about every time Manning has had a bad game on this board to then come and rip on him saying "See told you he is getting old and just can't play anymore." It has been the same story with you.

I'm entitled to my opinion.
Right but then you came here not just questioning his ability to play but now his leadership and attitude towards the team. That is going beyond just his play on the field. Throw in you have done this just about every time Manning has had a bad game on this board to then come and rip on him saying "See told you he is getting old and just can't play anymore." It has been the same story with you.

I haven't done that this season. I've said that Manning isn't as bad as he's playing and can dig down deep and play good games when it really matters. That's what I've been saying all season. But I've changed my opinion on that after seeing more. Sadly I think he's really finished now. I'm also entitled to my opinion on Manning's leadership. I think he's a great leader as long as he's in complete control, but not a good leader when working with backup QBs. I can post the video of Osweiler getting angry and throwing his hands up last season when Manning wouldn't let him come into a blowout. Manning has a long history of this kind of thing. He doesn't want to let a backup ever get any action. I've never liked that. Sorry if you don't agree with that opinion, but I'm entitled to it.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF, I've only seen spotty posting history from you and it's a mixed bag. Understand this: I really do not dislike you. I just see you piling on a player who has done more for the Broncos than any other since Elway retired. That does not sound like a Broncos fan so it's fair to question loyalties.

With that said, the screen name is not worth the name recognition. This is another reason I question your legitimacy as a Broncos fan. Most fans root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. We picked up a lot of Tebow fans who wore Broncos colors but were not really Broncos fans, so my suspicion is well founded.

Lastly, I've heard mixed answers. Are you a male or a female?

I went with the same SN because a lot of fans remember me as TebowFan back on ESPN. Didn't think it was a big deal. And your suspiciion should not be well founded because a lot of people also remember me as JC4President back on the ESPN boards when he was our QB. My SN has always been something about the Broncos that I love, so I don't know why anyone would question whether I'm a Bronco fan. I'm allowed to still like Cutler and follow him on the Bears and still be a Broncos fan. I'm not the only one!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can post videos and articles about how much Manning has worked with Osweiler these past 3 1/2 years. How Osweiler has nothing but glowing things to say about Manning and what he has done to help set Osweiler up for a future in this league. Yes we see that small video clip of Osweiler thinking he was going in to see Manning trotting back out. We don't know the whole story behind it and even Osweiler has said that the media blew that up beyond what it ever should have been. He thought he was going in and obviously something happened where they hadn't told Manning. It happens.

Now yes you are entitled to your opinion and very seldom have I ever silenced anybody on this board. I like to allow some back and forth as I want fans from other teams to come here and talk. I will not stand for constant Manning bashing though.

As for Cutler being brought up yes that is part of the story. I don't want it to be the whole story of this week though. There is plenty more going on and especially plenty more going on with OUR team. Cutler is the Bears problem now not ours. That is great that he is having a better season but to me when I have watched him (I have watched 5 of the 9 games played so far by the Bears this week) I see a lot that is still the same and some that is different. I see him making better decisions to not try and fit the ball into double coverage where he had so many turnovers. I see him willing to take the check downs on a more regular basis. At the same time I still see him having some trouble seeing the field when the field shrinks down in the Red Zone. He still is not making very good decisions in those situations.

Anyway to me there are going to be 2 key downs in this game. For the Broncos it is what they can do on 1st down. If they can pick up positive yards on 1st down then I like their chances to get the offense going. Defensively it will always be what can we do on 3rd down. In the Colts game it was our inability to get off the field coupled with terrible offense of course that really cost us that game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah. This has gone from Cutler to an anonymous poster. I'm done with that. Who here is actually talking about football?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah. This has gone from Cutler to an anonymous poster. I'm done with that. Who here is actually talking about football?

We should do a what kind of stats will Osweiler put up this Sunday discussion...See who is the closest to reality. Any thoughts on what you expect?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should do a what kind of stats will Osweiler put up this Sunday discussion...See who is the closest to reality. Any thoughts on what you expect?

I think the final line will look pedestrian, actually. The Bears are vulnerable to the run and even though our run game has been lacking, you know it will be a point of emphasis this week. We've shown the ability to do it, so we know it can be done. Add to it Oz is a threat to actually make a play on his feat instead of taking a sack and that bolsters the run game. I think he'll have 200-250 passing yards and a TD. Probably a pick, too.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can post videos and articles about how much Manning has worked with Osweiler these past 3 1/2 years. How Osweiler has nothing but glowing things to say about Manning and what he has done to help set Osweiler up for a future in this league. Yes we see that small video clip of Osweiler thinking he was going in to see Manning trotting back out. We don't know the whole story behind it and even Osweiler has said that the media blew that up beyond what it ever should have been. He thought he was going in and obviously something happened where they hadn't told Manning. It happens.

Now yes you are entitled to your opinion and very seldom have I ever silenced anybody on this board. I like to allow some back and forth as I want fans from other teams to come here and talk. I will not stand for constant Manning bashing though.

As for Cutler being brought up yes that is part of the story. I don't want it to be the whole story of this week though. There is plenty more going on and especially plenty more going on with OUR team. Cutler is the Bears problem now not ours. That is great that he is having a better season but to me when I have watched him (I have watched 5 of the 9 games played so far by the Bears this week) I see a lot that is still the same and some that is different. I see him making better decisions to not try and fit the ball into double coverage where he had so many turnovers. I see him willing to take the check downs on a more regular basis. At the same time I still see him having some trouble seeing the field when the field shrinks down in the Red Zone. He still is not making very good decisions in those situations.

Anyway to me there are going to be 2 key downs in this game. For the Broncos it is what they can do on 1st down. If they can pick up positive yards on 1st down then I like their chances to get the offense going. Defensively it will always be what can we do on 3rd down. In the Colts game it was our inability to get off the field coupled with terrible offense of course that really cost us that game.

Don't worry, it's not going to be a constant Manning bashing from me. I'm not going to say anything more about him this week. And again I've actually defended him more than most this season, but sadly it got to the point that he was so bad that I had to stop defending him. And I know injuries are a big part of it. I wouldn't be surprised if he has even more injuries than the ones that have bee reported. A QB has to be very seriously injured to go from a a top 3 QB in the league to the worst in the league THIS quickly. Skills decline quickly at this age, but not THIS quickly. I do feel bad for him. But I also think Osweiler has potential to become a great QB.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF is a Broncos fan. He posted on the Broncos board on espn for a number of years. He changes his mind about different players, though his current infatuation with Sweet Baby Jay has lasted longer than I would ever have suspected.

And BTW, Cutler was supposed to miss 3 to 4 games with the torn hamstring but came back after just 1 missed week. Played on the still sore hamstring and even ran the ball some on it, and led the Bears back to a respectable record. He's about as far from a "baby" as it gets. I don't root for babies. I can't stand players that are babies. I'm a fan of players that are TOUGH, and Cutler is as tough as it gets. There was a play a few weeks ago where Cutler dove head first into several defenders at the goal line to score a TD, when he could have easily run to the outside for an easy TD. He does that type of thing to inspire teammates and spark the team. He is the definition of TOUGH. Not only his style of play, but playing through injuries.

I suspect Osweiler is going to be the tough type as well. I've seen the signs in his limited amount of play, like how he shook off a potential sack last week. I think we're gonna love this kid! I really look forward to him taking over as starter.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW, Cutler was supposed to miss 3 to 4 games with the torn hamstring but came back after just 1 missed week. Played on the still sore hamstring and even ran the ball some on it, and led the Bears back to a respectable record. He's about as far from a "baby" as it gets. I don't root for babies. I can't stand players that are babies. I'm a fan of players that are TOUGH, and Cutler is as tough as it gets. There was a play a few weeks ago where Cutler dove head first into several defenders at the goal line to score a TD, when he could have easily run to the outside for an easy TD. He does that type of thing to inspire teammates and spark the team. He is the definition of TOUGH. Not only his style of play, but playing through injuries.

I suspect Osweiler is going to be the tough type as well. I've seen the signs in his limited amount of play, like how he shook off a potential sack last week. I think we're gonna love this kid! I really look forward to him taking over as starter.

LOL I am happy for you that you have found the love of your life! Sweet Baby Jay just does not do it for me!

cutler-skirt.jpg

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say......Brock is 24 - 36 301 yrs with 2 tds passing and 1 rush Td. But..... realistically, with the pressure he's going to feel and the pressure the Bears D is going to bring, I'll go with Ikf as far as pedestrian-ish and go 20-36, 283 yrs, 2 tds and 2 pks but because the running game contributes 126 yds and McManus kicks 2 fgs, that and solid D gives Brock his first win as Denver QB. Saaaaaweeeeeet!.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I am happy for you that you have found the love of your life! Sweet Baby Jay just does not do it for me!

View attachment 54273
How do people do that shit? That's hilarious!. I do think Cutler has manned up this year and playing much better and has earned the praise he's getting. He does need to lose the pink skirt though ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Td don't give anymore of a big head than he has already. He has good knowledge and makes worthy comment but the prob I've always seen with him is if you question or disagree with any of his posts, he hasn't had the most mature responses and gets his panties all twisted up in a hurry. I will say even with his obvious man crush on Tebow, he seems much better lately dealing with negativity. Might be medication :). Cheers! Go Broncos! Whoo hoo

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Td don't give anymore of a big head than he has already. He has good knowledge and makes worthy comment but the prob I've always seen with him is if you question or disagree with any of his posts, he hasn't had the most mature responses and gets his panties all twisted up in a hurry. I will say even with his obvious man crush on Tebow, he seems much better lately dealing with negativity. Might be medication :). Cheers! Go Broncos! Whoo hoo

I admit I was immature and too over the top back when I posted on the ESPN boards. I think I handle things better now.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now while he is keeping the interceptions down it just means they have been playing more field position football instead of him putting his defense in a bad spot.

The Bears defense is better this year...but in 2013 and 2014...the defense was in a bad spot simply when they took the field. Yes, they were that bad.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats I used about Red Zone efficiency show that they have their struggles.

The Bears absolutely have struggled in the red zone. However, thats not all Cutlers doing. Too many times the past few seasons near the goal line theyve tried to pound it in between the tackles with Forte...and he just isnt suited for that.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason to take issue with anything AmericanTebowFan has posted .. In fact, my first impression was that ATF was a big Manning supporter - this was early this season when ATF took exception to some critical comments directed at Manning ( ... mostly by me )

No player is above being challenged or questioned - that is what these forums are about ..

I have been a Bronco fanatic since 1975, and for anyone to question my allegiance because I never liked Manning as the Bronco QB is completely out of line ...

I love this team, and have endured a lot of lumps being a fan here in NJ ... any fan has the right to state their opinion

Lord knows I did over at KFFL, long before Manning's age came to the forefront

I hated the signing

Why ??

Because this is exactly what I thought would happen - a lot of attention because of meaningless stats and numbers - the "team" became Peyton Manning And The Broncos ...

It is unfortunate because we didn't build a comfy, climate controlled stadium because the organization gave him everything else imaginable to succeed, and as he has done more times than not in his football career, he choked ...

Maybe we could find Tee Martin to step in because all he did after Manning left Tenn was win a National Championship

As I Bronco fan, I owe nothing to Manning .... The notion of being thankful is preposterous

This organization was an afterthought when Tebow was put in at QB .... The Josh McDaniels fiasco had turned a once proud franchise into a pathetic Division 2 team, and Tebow was tossed in as a sacrifice .... All he did was take a team that was 7-24 leading up to that and carry them - and the fans, and the media - on a miraculous playoff run culminating with arguably the greatest single play in team history ...

I wish Manning had half the chutzpah as Tebow ..

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no reason to take issue with anything AmericanTebowFan has posted .. In fact, my first impression was that ATF was a big Manning supporter - this was early this season when ATF took exception to some critical comments directed at Manning ( ... mostly by me )

No player is above being challenged or questioned - that is what these forums are about ..

I have been a Bronco fanatic since 1975, and for anyone to question my allegiance because I never liked Manning as the Bronco QB is completely out of line ...

I love this team, and have endured a lot of lumps being a fan here in NJ ... any fan has the right to state their opinion

Lord knows I did over at KFFL, long before Manning's age came to the forefront

I hated the signing

Why ??

Because this is exactly what I thought would happen - a lot of attention because of meaningless stats and numbers - the "team" became Peyton Manning And The Broncos ...

It is unfortunate because we didn't build a comfy, climate controlled stadium because the organization gave him everything else imaginable to succeed, and as he has done more times than not in his football career, he choked ...

Maybe we could find Tee Martin to step in because all he did after Manning left Tenn was win a National Championship

As I Bronco fan, I owe nothing to Manning .... The notion of being thankful is preposterous

This organization was an afterthought when Tebow was put in at QB .... The Josh McDaniels fiasco had turned a once proud franchise into a pathetic Division 2 team, and Tebow was tossed in as a sacrifice .... All he did was take a team that was 7-24 leading up to that and carry them - and the fans, and the media - on a miraculous playoff run culminating with arguably the greatest single play in team history ...

I wish Manning had half the chutzpah as Tebow ..

Don't agree with all you wrote, but I certainly appreciate the spirit of your post.