• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t trade a locked up producive hall of fame elite pass rusher in his prime but that is just me. The Raiders would tell you otherwise. That hasn’t worked well for then so far especially since they are gettinglate first rounder for an elite pass rusher in his prime. Those don’t fall off the apple tree.

Again-Just me- But I would have a stroke if we traded Von Miller this offseason. Draft picks are no guarantees as we know by Denver’s drafts over the years. Von is a guarantee.

He is locked up earning his pay. Elite perennial Hall of Famer. And chosen as Denvers man of the year. He has matured over the years on top of his production. You just don’t trade that at the stage of his career to me. Good way to piss off your players and fans and end your career as a GM.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t trade a locked up producive hall of fame elite pass rusher in his prime but that is just me. The Raiders would tell you otherwise. That hasn’t worked well for then so far especially since they are gettinglate first rounder for an elite pass rusher in his prime. Those don’t fall off the apple tree.

Again-Just me- But I would have a stroke if we traded Von Miller this offseason. Draft picks are no guarantees as we know by Denver’s drafts over the years. Von is a guarantee.

He is locked up earning his pay. Elite perennial Hall of Famer. And chosen as Denvers man of the year. He has matured over the years on top of his production. You just don’t trade that at the stage of his career to me. Good way to piss off your players and fans and end your career as a GM.

You lose your lockerroom for years if you trade Von

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be with you with a fork in my hand!:lm:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With OAK, they are years away. They have had one + .500 season since 2002 so Gruden is blowing it up. Starting from scratch and going to a $BB stadium soon . I agree with this approach since their history has been so bad over the last 16 years.

Regarding Von,

Wasted so far 3 years of his 6 year contract

Von had his 2nd best season stats wise in 2018 and they improved 1 game. Are we 4 games better in 2019 with Case? How about Elway saying his great players have to play better. his cap hit is very prohibitive to do a deal.

Realistically, I guess I would ask everyone how many years away is Denver to getting to the playoffs (1) , winning the division (2) (atleast 12-4) , winning a playoff game (3) ? Within the next 2 years? That's Von shelf life here.

then I also ask how does Denver secure a young QB in the draft?

Not saying it should be done but defining where Denver is today is really the issue. Once that is defined , options can be explored.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^
Also in the AFCW the next two years, can we even come close to leap frogging SD or KC with Case Keenum?
That is the lifespan of Von and then there is long term.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von still has another 4 good years imo.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While quarterback will remain the biggest need for the Broncos entering the offseason, there is no guarantee Denver can nab one early in the first round. If Denver is unable to find or acquire 'their guy' at quarterback, then the team has to look elsewhere at ten overall.

If quarterback is off the table, I'm putting my eggs in the interior defensive line basket. A dominant interior rusher helps create a much needed identity for this team as a great IDL paired with Von and Chubb given Denver arguably the best pass rushing defense in the NFL while making both edge rushers better. Furthermore, given the insane talent on the defensive line in this draft, Denver may be able to nab a true blue chip talent at the position at ten overall.

Denver undoubtedly needs to find their quarterback, but if it doesn't break that way this offseason the next best way to win in today's NFL? Getting after, harassing, and hitting the quarterback.

3 strong reasons why Denver could go D-line in the 2019 Draft

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to figure something out at CB too. Maybe we bring back Roby and let him compete with Issac.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greedy Williams at #10 is a possibility

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greedy Williams at #10 is a possibility

I think the front offices' shift in philosophy looking for guys who are dialed in and hard workers makes Greedy less likely. Dude loafed it this year and apparently not a hard worker in weight room or film room. Attitude and work ethic may see him fall.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely the wrong draft to try and move a big name pass rusher. The Broncos trading Miller would be nuts on multiple levels.

I also don't think you guys will get Lock (or any top QB) because they are too raw. Broncos, Giants and Jags should all be sitting there wanting a QB to come in and win right away. Mizzou's coaching staff really f'd over Lock, imo, and I think he'll still go rd1 but to an unlikely team and not the ones the are in dire need of a QB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Von’s mom go off on Elway and Derek Wolfe liking the post on IG

Nothing none of us have already posted about Elway ability to draft QB or Olineman

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Von’s mom go off on Elway and Derek Wolfe liking the post on IG

Nothing none of us have already posted about Elway ability to draft QB or Olineman

"Not because he's my son but, he's the main reason Denver won the Super Bowl. Von's NOT the problem the problem is Elway...EVERY QB he's brought in was a fluke!! He want's to halfass pay the vets but wants them to perform at a high caliber. He has no clue on drafting at any position. He needs to work on a offensive line & QB. Trading Von isn't the answer but best of luck with that. Elway has wasted more money on QB's than ANY TEAM IN THE NFL. I get it's easier to blame Von but it's NOT HIM. #WhatupDallas #SendJerryJobysNumber"

Did Derek Wolfe put a "like" to that ??

lol

Did Wolfe mention "taking a haircut" for the millionth time ??

Both of 'em were on the field when the Jets ran the equivalent of about 4 football fields

geeesh, I suppose surrounding those two with DeMarcus Ware, Talib, Ward, etc wasn't mentioned

I wish social media would remain where it belongs - with 10-14 year olds

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Fields transferring to Georgia

Jordan Fuller returns for his SE year. He will be one of my favs in next years draft.