• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever wants to talk draft with me and doc ran away for awhile. Left me hanging. ;)

It's because you wag your tail so fast that nobody can avoid getting whipped. No one likes getting getting whipped, even when it's draft discussions.......8^)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me Clemson soph RB Travis Etienne and Michigan SR RB Karan Higdon.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will be in the market for a RB unless we cut or trade Booker. He has 1 year left on his rookie deal so I don't know that there would be a lot of reason to move on unless a special player falls.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't cut Booker randomly in the offseason. I mean everyone will have to compete for their job next year but we won't just cut him before preseason unless he gets into some sort of trouble.

What's that have to do with me liking Travis Etienne and Karan Higdon though ? Etienne isn't even draft eligible.

Can we discuss prospects without them having to be Denver picks? ;)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DrgnxvNX0AEWAvT.jpg

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K
We won't cut Booker randomly in the offseason. I mean everyone will have to compete for their job next year but we won't just cut him before preseason unless he gets into some sort of trouble.

What's that have to do with me liking Travis Etienne and Karan Higdon though ? Etienne isn't even draft eligible.

Now I see why no one wants to talk draft with you.

KIDDING

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The title of the thread is "Broncos 2019 NFL Draft" so that would insinuate that we are talking about the Broncos. No?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the Broncos have - it is spreading like Ebola among the fans. :)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found an offseason prediction thread on ESPN and it had 2 things for the Broncos.
1. New head coach
2. Draft the first QB off the board, Will Grier.

I know nothing about Will Grier but I read a little that sounded promising.

Here is the link:
19 predictions for the 2019 offseason: Signings, QB moves and more

Anyone have any thoughts on Will Grier?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rapier like wit emerges from the darkness in this thread.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title of the thread is "Broncos 2019 NFL Draft" so that would insinuate that we are talking about the Broncos. No?

NO! It's me and it's the draft... I randomly jot down prospects I like. Doesn't mean I am referring to projecting Denver to draft them.

Etienne isn't even draft eligible.

I am simply throwing names I like out here for people to keep an eye on if they want.

Next year I will leave the Broncos out so I don't get plastered for talking about prospects who Denver is unlikely to draft, and players who aren't eligible.

Why didn't you blast me when I was talking about true FR QB's earlier?

Lastly, I am just having fun with you... But I really am not referring to Denver everytime I talk about a draft prospect. This is in general for me...

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just having fun with you as well. I don't know very many college prospects so I actually do enjoy when you post names. I do have to admit I don't read every post in the draft thread.

Do you have thoughts on Will Grier? I was going to try to watch some highlights and maybe a game if West Virginia plays this weekend and I happen to have time.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found an offseason prediction thread on ESPN and it had 2 things for the Broncos.
1. New head coach
2. Draft the first QB off the board, Will Grier.

I know nothing about Will Grier but I read a little that sounded promising.

Here is the link:
19 predictions for the 2019 offseason: Signings, QB moves and more

Anyone have any thoughts on Will Grier?

I would be very upset if he was drafted by denver with their first round pick. He's a day 2 player who pry gets picked end of round 1 due to demand for position and the 5th year option. His mechanics are all over the place, he has never seen a throw he doesn't like, is very careless with the ball, older for a QB prospect, doesn't have a special arm in terms of velocity, careless with the ball in the RZ, skinny ass frame which I doubt can hold much more weight.

Now that I have completely shit on him... lol If he is there when the Broncos pick round 2, sure I am about it. Same with Jones and Lock. But round 1? that would be a reach forsaking much better talent available.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO! It's me and it's the draft... I randomly jot down prospects I like. Doesn't mean I am referring to projecting Denver to draft them.

Etienne isn't even draft eligible.

I am simply throwing names I like out here for people to keep an eye on if they want.

Next year I will leave the Broncos out so I don't get plastered for talking about prospects who Denver is unlikely to draft, and players who aren't eligible.

Why didn't you blast me when I was talking about true FR QB's earlier?

Lastly, I am just having fun with you... But I really am not referring to Denver everytime I talk about a draft prospect. This is in general for me...

It's winter - time for every good fan to thicken their skin.

For the record though - I think the cool thing about bulletin board threads is that they can end up anywhere.

This is a good thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there is a freshman kid on Valor HS here in Highlands Ranch to keep an eye on in 2024. Just throwing that out there.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey there is a freshman kid on Valor HS here in Highlands Ranch to keep an eye on in 2024. Just throwing that out there.

Do you have a name?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just having fun with you as well. I don't know very many college prospects so I actually do enjoy when you post names. I do have to admit I don't read every post in the draft thread.

Do you have thoughts on Will Grier? I was going to try to watch some highlights and maybe a game if West Virginia plays this weekend and I happen to have time.

Will Grier' age doesn't bother me like it does doc. He is 23. He will be a very young 24 when he is drafted. Not a big deal. QB's can play until they are 40. Brandon Weeden was drafted when he was 28. That would have concerned me a lot more than 23/24.

Overall, I like Grier. He has great pocket awareness and looks very comfortable sitting in the pocket. Has a nice arm. He runs/scrambles well. He is very smooth and I feel he can come in pretty quickly and start for a team. He throws well on the run.

I do not see him an elite player, but compared to most starting QB's right now he has a chance to very a very solid NFL QB.

His deep ball accuracy has to get better. I see where Doc is coming from on that. He trusts his arm too much at times.

He actually had a very similar scouting report to me that I had on Baker Mayfield. I didn't have Baker going #1 either, but just saying. The concern was trusting the arm too much and deep ball accuracy, but good awareness and can throw under pressure/on the run and scramble.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the biggest see-saw QB prospect to me this year is Ryan Finley. I will watch him one week where I just love the guy. Then watch him again the next week and don’t want to touch him. Last week loved him, this week (last night) didn’t love him. I am having a very hard time getting a read on him. Seems like I see great things and bad things. There is no middle ground from game to game. Moral of the story consistency is a huge concern I have with him, but I love certain things about him when I watch him on the right day.