• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened awhile back but something to throw out there is that Will Grier while at Florida was suspended for full year for using roids. You don't see many suspension in college for that.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Grier' age doesn't bother me like it does doc. He is 23. He will be a very young 24 when he is drafted. Not a big deal. QB's can play until they are 40. Brandon Weeden was drafted when he was 28. That would have concerned me a lot more than 23/24.

Overall, I like Grier. He has great pocket awareness and looks very comfortable sitting in the pocket. Has a nice arm. He runs/scrambles well. He is very smooth and I feel he can come in pretty quickly and start for a team. He throws well on the run.

I do not see him an elite player, but compared to most starting QB's right now he has a chance to very a very solid NFL QB.

His deep ball accuracy has to get better. I see where Doc is coming from on that. He trusts his arm too much at times.

He actually had a very similar scouting report to me that I had on Baker Mayfield. I didn't have Baker going #1 either, but just saying. The concern was trusting the arm too much and deep ball accuracy, but good awareness and can throw under pressure/on the run and scramble.
baker was much better at keeping his base consistent in chaos, something grier just refuses to do (and even with no pressure. like i get that pass against texas was fun but WTF are you doing jumping bro?) and baker had a better arm

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- I didn't say they are exactly the same... I just look at my take on Mayfield and it is very similar to my take on Grier... I didn't have Mayfield as the #1 overall pick, so not comparing him to a #1 overall pick. To me Grier is more of an end of the round one guy.

What is your take on Ryan Finley?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure this is about the 2019 Bronco's draft? ;)

I think we can pretty much agree that Wade Phillips was a difference maker - on the impact scale of Peyton Manning - for the more recent Super Bowl runs. I challenge anyone - including the semi-learned @LGM - to take the contrary in the above plain statement.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we can pretty much agree that Wade Phillips was a difference maker - on the impact scale of Peyton Manning - for the more recent Super Bowl runs. I challenge anyone - including the semi-learned @LGM - to take the contrary in the above plain statement.

Yeah Elway is like I want VJ. Wanted him back when he was with Cincy and now way we can lose Joe Woods. He's an up an comer. Plus ego played a part as ELway thought it was his personnel not Wade's influence though history has shown Wade's defenses regress the 2nd year.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure why you think I would disagree, other than my disagreeable nature...

I think Wade brought swagger, and an aggression that most coaches cant seem to duplicate.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following 4 CB’s are showing amazing ability to cover.

LSU- Greedy Williams
Georgia- DeAndre Baker
Washington- Byron Murphy
USC- Iman Marshall

Washington S Taylor Rapp is a stud tooz

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following 4 CB’s are showing amazing ability to cover.

LSU- Greedy Williams
Georgia- DeAndre Baker
Washington- Byron Murphy
USC- Iman Marshall

Washington S Taylor Rapp is a stud tooz

DC, you think Williams and Baker are worthy of top 10 picks ??

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kristian Fulton opposite of Greedy has been just as good this year. Greedy's play vs Bama left a bad taste in my mouth as pertains to effort.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greedy is for sure a top 10 talent, IMO.

DeAndre Baker probably falls just outside top 10. Like Nick said above, it just depends on who is picking. He is smaller in size, but very good in coverage. Greedy can play anywhere.

I like Fulton but he isn't Greedy Williams.

Also love SOPH S LSU Todd Harris. LSU has two really nice young S in Harris and Delpit.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on Duke QB Daniel Jones.
He seems to be the hot QB prospect right now.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Duke - Virginia game and Jones looks to have a lot going for him ..

It's obvious that a lot of Paxton Lynch's issues were above the shoulders, so I don;t mean this in a bad way, but Jones body type and mechanics reminded me a lot of Lynch ... Again, I don;t mean that in a bad way - Lynch had a lot going for him as far as having the size and tools ...

One thing that struck me though is how bad the Duke pass catchers were helping out Jones .. There were a lot of easy and big pass plays all for naught because of dropped passes ..

I've only watched that one game, but Jones has a ton of ( that dreaded word ) potential

He's an economics major for what it is worth ( Lynch majored in "sport and leisure management" whatever the hell that is )

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has that mega AP, Aaron Rodgers like injury thing going for him where he can get hurt and come back 6 times faster than anyone else. Dude broke his collarbone this year and came back in like 3 weeks.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your take on Ryan Finley?

day 3. Ok athlete but the arm is meh and his decision making is meh. Low end backup. Much more interested in Minshew and Rypein (and maybe in Blough)