• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Thanks for the legwork. I had a feeling you were not going to find a starting LT and no way I draft a RT at #20. Nate Solder may be the best of the bunch from 6 years ago .

If there is a David Decastro, whom Denver had as their pick that year before Pitts traded up, I would be happy with a stud G or C. Alex Mack as done wonders in ATL and who knows how Paradis will respond to two hip procedures.

The jury is still out on our 2016 pick at #20 and no way Denver can afford to bomb two years in a row.

I guess I don't get why a starting RT is not worth it at 20? Think about who they have to go up against in the AFC West...Houston, Mack, Irvin, Hali, Bosa, Ingram, and others. Most of those guys rush from the right side. We have lost games over the last 2 years because of the terrible play from our RT. So to me if we find somebody who can lock down that RT spot for the next 10 or so years then I say it is completely worth it.

As for the list Taylor Decker actually did really well at LT compared to many past players in drafts. Laremy Tunsil only gave up 1 sack the entire year switching between LT and LG. Conklin graded out as the best RT in football this past season. While I don't think he was quite that good because he had a lot of help throughout the year still impressive to see these rookies actually performing well on the OL early in their careers. Makes me think teams have figured out a bit how to get these guys up to speed even with the CBA limiting contact.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree. I don't think this is going to hurt their value at all. No way McCaffrey falls all the way to our pick in the 2nd round just because of that. Especially when he has Fournette in the top 10, and he did the same thing.
If Mac is there when NE picks....he's gone

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mac is there when NE picks....he's gone

I'm not so sure he is. They already have 2 RB's with a similar skill set to McCaffrey in White and Lewis.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier today I was wondering if we might double up on TE picks this year and take two.

Mayock: 2017 NFL Draft TE class might be best I've seen

This class is pretty great... in terms of positional groups... i would list

Tier 1 (WOW): Tight End and Cornerback
Tier 2 (strength): Edge Rusher and Safety and Running Back
Tier 3 (average year): interior oline, interior dline, and wide receiver
Tier 4 (below average): inside LB (after top 3 it sucks), Quarterback
Tier 5 (baddd): Offensive Tackle (most of these guys pry end up as guards or mediocre RT if they start)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't get why a starting RT is not worth it at 20? Think about who they have to go up against in the AFC West...Houston, Mack, Irvin, Hali, Bosa, Ingram, and others. Most of those guys rush from the right side. We have lost games over the last 2 years because of the terrible play from our RT. So to me if we find somebody who can lock down that RT spot for the next 10 or so years then I say it is completely worth it.

IMO, A RT drafted in the middle of the first round playing for 10 years is a unicorn

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh......Just saying what mocks are....

Oh believe me I have seen plenty of mocks have him going to the Patriots. He is exactly what they usually love to have. So yes wouldn't shock me if they did decide to draft him but it just seems like addition to what is already there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, A RT drafted in the middle of the first round playing for 10 years is a unicorn

Well Philly took a RT in the top-5 just a few years ago. Other than him being suspended a couple of times he has been one of the best RT's in the NFL. Tennessee took a RT middle of the 1st this last year and he helped them become one of the better offenses in the NFL this past season. I just think with the league being so pass happy teams are realizing they need quality starters on both the right and left side now adays to hold up.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Mingo. I've thought of checking these guys many times but I always forget to follow up. Appreciated.
Wow. I never thought Kiper was very good as far as team picks but didn't think he sucked that bad. I like Mayock. Mostly for his player evals. Wonder how he's done on team picks lately.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work, doc. I appreciate hearing more about some of these players who will soon be Chiefs, Raiders or Chargers. ;)

I know you only like the top 3 LBs, but I'll be disappointed if we don't come out with an impact LB this year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you only like the top 3 LBs, but I'll be disappointed if we don't come out with an impact LB this year.

Good work, doc

I love love love LBer in the 2nd round. Probably more than drafting one at #20.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work, doc

I love love love LBer in the 2nd round. Probably more than drafting one at #20.

if davis is there I'm interested. There are some interesting mid round ones though

McMillan and Beckwith are the typical thumpers. Not very fluid or fast but will be solid. Pry a slight improvement over Davis long term but someone who won't be on the field in nickel... and with how much we run nickel is that a worthy early selection? IDK

Also there are athletes with '?'s due to tape available or injuries... for instance Jalen Reeves-Maybin and Alex Anzalone have injury issues and Beigel needs to show he can play off line (as he was used as edge for Wiscy).

Would love Jarrad Davis round 2 but he is more likely to go round 1 than be available for us round two imo (again unless his injuries drop him. but then you have to question if he is worth it. Availability is a skill... guys with injuries do need to be marked town