• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take a 'non-pillar' position, they better damn well be a top 5 player at their position for like the next 10 years. I do think OJ has that ability (as does Foster)

I'm still hoping for McDowell.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that the Broncos interview JT Beathard at the Senior Bowl - looked him up and found out he is the grandson of Bobby Beathard a pretty fine QB in the 60s.

Maybe a 7th round flier - kind of guy?

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that the Broncos interview JT Beathard at the Senior Bowl - looked him up and found out he is the grandson of Bobby Beathard a pretty fine QB in the 60s.

Maybe a 7th round flier - kind of guy?

CJ is meh lol but maybe.
I'm excited for our next QB. Not sure about technique or mental processing or anything... but he's big with a huge arm. Will be fun to see him develop

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see if McCoy runs the same single back , multiple TE sets (2 and sometime 3) he ran a majority of the time last year in SD.
If so , I could see Denver going with the 3 TEs they have on the roster and draft and redshirt Jake Butt.
Huerman and Derby showed some potential near the end of the season . Huerman basically a rookie year for him in 2016 and Derby coming in without any knowledge of the system.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a community mock as the Broncos GM on a facebook group (Lombardi Draft Talk... great group) It went as follows
1. Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t there for this pick… only had 3 minutes and wasn’t by my phone when Denver went OTC, so they picked Ramczyk for me. 20 is about his range so not a bad pick, and fills a need. If I were picking, I would have gone Marshon Lattimore at 20 instead… BPA but can’t hate the Ramczyk pick cuz other guys I liked were gone. Ramczyk got better as year went on, and has very good feet. I worry about his core strength but 20 is honestly about right where he should be (as well as right about where robinson should be selected as well imo).
2. Haassan Reddick OLB/ILB Temple
Senior Bowl guy who improved his stock the most. Seriously a front 7 matchup piece nightmare. Can play on the edge, blitz up the middle, and play in coverage (was a walk on corner before moving to edge for Temple). I am not sure about his ability to get off blocks, but super athletic and instinctive. He might go round 1, so to get him round 2 was a huge get.
3. Curtis Samuel, WR/KR/RB/PR Ohio State
Denver needs weapons on offense, and Samuel was one of the best in football last year. He is so dynamic with the ball in his hands. Runs great routes. A little smaller and underutilized at OSU but what a get round 3. Why take McCaffrey round 1 when u can get samuel round 3
3. Marcus Williams S Utah
Again, another BPA. Denver doesn’t need a safety but good lord Williams is a top 60 player in this draft and falls to the comp picks of round 3. Essentially the kiss of death for Ward past next year. Denver having a core of Simmons/Stewart/Williams/Parks at S means the position is filled for the forseeable future. Talent.
3. Elijah Qualls, NT, Washington
Very talented athlete for his size. Weighs 320 at 6’1 and a very strong base. Can do a backflip which is cool haha. Very fluid for his size. Needs to keep getting stronger in order to better take on double teams and shed them, but his lateral agility at his size is incredible. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has a killer combine because of his movement skills at his size.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a community mock as the Broncos GM on a facebook group (Lombardi Draft Talk... great group) It went as follows
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t there for this pick… only had 3 minutes and wasn’t by my phone when Denver went OTC, so they picked Ramczyk for me. 20 is about his range so not a bad pick, and fills a need. If I were picking, I would have gone Marshon Lattimore at 20 instead… BPA but can’t hate the Ramczyk pick cuz other guys I liked were gone. Ramczyk got better as year went on, and has very good feet. I worry about his core strength but 20 is honestly about right where he should be (as well as right about where robinson should be selected as well imo).
Senior Bowl guy who improved his stock the most. Seriously a front 7 matchup piece nightmare. Can play on the edge, blitz up the middle, and play in coverage (was a walk on corner before moving to edge for Temple). I am not sure about his ability to get off blocks, but super athletic and instinctive. He might go round 1, so to get him round 2 was a huge get.
Denver needs weapons on offense, and Samuel was one of the best in football last year. He is so dynamic with the ball in his hands. Runs great routes. A little smaller and underutilized at OSU but what a get round 3. Why take McCaffrey round 1 when u can get samuel round 3
Again, another BPA. Denver doesn’t need a safety but good lord Williams is a top 60 player in this draft and falls to the comp picks of round 3. Essentially the kiss of death for Ward past next year. Denver having a core of Simmons/Stewart/Williams/Parks at S means the position is filled for the forseeable future. Talent.
Very talented athlete for his size. Weighs 320 at 6’1 and a very strong base. Can do a backflip which is cool haha. Very fluid for his size. Needs to keep getting stronger in order to better take on double teams and shed them, but his lateral agility at his size is incredible. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has a killer combine because of his movement skills at his size.

Really nice draft - even if you were out to lunch on pick one. Curtis Samuel plays like T. Hill - the Broncos really need more speed on offense - as well.

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler polumbus said he would love to have a back like mccaffery on his team and would instantly improve the line play
He said knowing you can now have more 3 step drops and the balance and a 4 yard pass is the same as a 4 yard run.
Be interesting to hear more from a vet lineman on what Christian could bring to the team

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad. Instead of S in rd 3 I would still look for interior line help ( offense ). Can't tell me there isn't a good guard prospect out there where we need a lot of help to keep Romo safe. :)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad. Instead of S in rd 3 I would still look for interior line help ( offense ). Can't tell me there isn't a good guard prospect out there where we need a lot of help to keep Romo safe. :)

oh no i feel you, but marcus williams is SUCH a good S for that late

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no i feel you, but marcus williams is SUCH a good S for that late

I still would have loved Dorian Johnson since he was still available. Monster in the run game. I do get though that Williams is a tough talent to pass up. For me I have Johnson as a 2nd round player that is a day 1 starter on the OL and for this team even a player like Williams is worth passing to get that day 1 starter for the OL that could end up being a high quality starter.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler polumbus said he would love to have a back like mccaffery on his team and would instantly improve the line play
He said knowing you can now have more 3 step drops and the balance and a 4 yard pass is the same as a 4 yard run.
Be interesting to hear more from a vet lineman on what Christian could bring to the team

Denver needs these types on O I hope we evolve to this thinking soon. Even if you bolster both lines pretty good we will find we still could use this threat.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a couple podcast appearances this week if anyone is interested. First one talked about malik mcdowell/oj howard. Second one talked about Adoree Jackson and mike williams vs corey davis

i spam enough in here lol but if anyone is interested i can share

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can vouch for them being worth a listen

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a couple podcast appearances this week if anyone is interested. First one talked about malik mcdowell/oj howard. Second one talked about Adoree Jackson and mike williams vs corey davis

i spam enough in here lol but if anyone is interested i can share
Please do

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some nice internet etiquette right there - Doc. Please post some links. Thanks,

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need everyone here and join me in saying no to mccaffrey at 20

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Doc I trust, no to mccaffrey

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with Little Mac. Think I prefer OJ Howard.