• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why Denver would talk about Ramcyzk at #20 when he may be out four months with a torn labrum surgery. Want someone with a hip issue look at Volmer in FA for our RT need.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why Denver would talk about Ramcyzk at #20 when he may be out four months with a torn labrum surgery. Want someone with a hip issue look at Volmer in FA for our RT need.

Couple of reasons...

1) Youth compared to a guy like Vollmer. Vollmer hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy for quite some time. Other RT's that I would rather see way before him.

2) The hip injury actually wasn't as bad as first thought. The surgery went well and he is expected to make a full recovery in time for training camp for some team.

3) He is a technician and has really only scratched the surface of what he can do as an OL prospect. He also is one of the few that can play either RT or LT and be good at both. He has the power to really move people in the run game so could be a nice piece on the right side to finally help pick up those 3rd and 1 plays but also has the footwork of a LT.

While he isn't my first choice of what I want at pick #20 I also think he could be a day 1 starter for the next 10 years (if healthy) on the OL. He honestly after watching some of his later games and just seeing the improvement he made over the course of the season is probably my top Tackle in this class.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Denver talking about him? or just media ? Haven't heard any coaches or Elway talk draft yet. Appreciate any links where they have.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of reasons...

1) Youth compared to a guy like Vollmer. Vollmer hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy for quite some time. Other RT's that I would rather see way before him.

2) The hip injury actually wasn't as bad as first thought. The surgery went well and he is expected to make a full recovery in time for training camp for some team.

3) He is a technician and has really only scratched the surface of what he can do as an OL prospect. He also is one of the few that can play either RT or LT and be good at both. He has the power to really move people in the run game so could be a nice piece on the right side to finally help pick up those 3rd and 1 plays but also has the footwork of a LT.

Regarding Vollmer, same can be said for Okung , who under Luke, played 16 games for the first time in his career. I suggested him because he is a very good player that would not be asking for top money.

I'd rather pass in the 1st round in a weak Tackle class with a player that has a hip injury that has a 4 month rehab window.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that keen on the tackles either but God knows we can use help everywhere on that line. I sense Elway is going to go hard in FA in that area and good chance, if he does, they go D or BPA. We'll see.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that keen on the tackles either but God knows we can use help everywhere on that line. I sense Elway is going to go hard in FA in that area and good chance, if he does, they go D or BPA. We'll see.

YES! YES! YES!

We gotta focus on OL in FA.. Not so much the draft. I am fine bringing in some young talent to develop but we need to fix the OL with proven vets. I know that isn't going to be an elite player but we have to go out and fix it it in FA.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Vollmer, same can be said for Okung , who under Luke, played 16 games for the first time in his career. I suggested him because he is a very good player that would not be asking for top money.

I'd rather pass in the 1st round in a weak Tackle class with a player that has a hip injury that has a 4 month rehab window.

Good point. I will say the Broncos have one of the top-3 training staffs in the entire NFL. It is amazing how many of our players continue to hold up even after being injured elsewhere.

And true he would not be able to demand top money. I would just want to make sure to have a back up plan better than Ty Sambrailo if we get Vollmer.

So I guess my question is do you not consider any Tackle in this class worth a 1st round pick?

For me I have 2 at the moment and 1 more that could join with a great Senior Bowl week as just need to see him against better competition. Cam Robinson and Ryan Ramczyk are right there as 1st round talents. Both do have some red flags with off the field issues for Robinson and Ramczyk's hip needing to check out but if both of those things check out ok I would be perfectly fine with taking either of those guys. They have the ability to play 4 positions on the OL in my opinion so should be day 1 starters. They both have LT capabilities down the road if not year 1 depending how they handle the transition. So if we took either of those guys I would trust that it was a good pick in the 1st round. It is understandable if you don't have a 1st round grade on them as not everybody does.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SR bowl game itself does very little in terms of draft stock...

The practices are really where it all comes at.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver spent a lot of time with WR Artavis Scott from Clemson. Elway looking for a slot

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope when Denver does address O line in FA that they also junk the zone blkg scheme. We've talked about simplifying plays for the qbs, Denver needs to do that for the line also. My guy is bigger,stronger than yours and were going to punch you in the mouth. Find guys where that's their strength in FA and find those same guys in draft and develop them with that same mindset. Enough of the zone. Their coming out of college with no clue to zone and it takes too long to develop them. Agree on the Senior Bowl DC. Practice shows motor, skill set when their going vs their own top ranked talent on continuous basis. In game, their constantly moving guys in and out and you don't necessarily see the good matchup thruout game to help determine things like stamina,how they make adjustments, etc. Talking interior line here mostly. PS.. hoping to see some locals like Sefu and Auwsie do well. Know there's a lot of folks that don't think Sefu is NFL material but what the kid showed in toughness, heart,etc plus a very strong senior year till he started showing signs of injuries catching up. Really rooting for him to do well and get shot. Thanks for link too Mingo.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSS. Am really starting to at least entertain idea of Romo in Denver. If Elway shows he's all in on fixing O line problem, let Romo know it's his team, job to mentor Lynch, etc and Dallas gets Trevor , who would be HUGE up grade over Sanchez undeniably, it could happen if the money is right. You have to think Romo knows window is short, SB caliber teams that would have any interest that actually have Qb dilemma, are extremely low. Plus environment. Denver climate is not that cold normally. Dry compared to East and many central states. Elway's recent past ala Manning. The big gamble is Romo health but if as many of you believe, that Elway is committed to Lynch as the future, what have you got to lose ? If, and it's a big if, Romo can make it thru season and Denver finds a run game, I don't see any reason why Denver wouldn't have shot a SB this year and next if Romo can last. Not to mention the great leadership, poise, teachings that Lynch will get in meantime. IDK, I think the reality of that happening is not as far fetched as some might believe. Just my humble extremely foresighted opinion :)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard killed it yesterday... ppl are saying top 12 pick and first pass catcher selected... DAMN IT TO HELL

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Gettleman: I won’t reach to take a tackle

Continues to be poor analysis of the tackle class... I think better to draft a project late or if you go OL early you target inside OL not some tackle who you then try to pigeon whole into the ol somewhere... usually ends badly...e.g G Foster... there are some talented OT who project to the inside in the NFL and those are guys who do well ... martin played some OT in college but all knew he was very good but had to play inside as there natural position.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just coming in to post the gettleman article
I think elway looks at pass rusher , cb
Maybe utility player or TE to get those first downs to keep the chains moving
3rd and short though needs to improve
More I think about it they may stick with okung

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be ok with that CEH. TE deep enough to get quality in rd 2. Would love a field general but not in this draft at our position... some fine CBs ... would love to continue to dominate there for next 7-8yrs with possibly Bradley and a rook taking over in a couple yrs. DL pass rusher would be a need too...

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I think Pass Rusher CB at 20 shouldn't shock any of us. Elway covets those positions. TE at 20 isn't my ideal but, I'd understand if we took one.