• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2017 NFL Draft

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL from Washington Might be a sneaky spot Coach Peterson seems to have Solid OL players

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some Wake Forest defense today. They have a few really good future NFL players

1. DE/OLB Duke Ejiofor
2. ILB/OLB Marquel Lee
3. CB Brad Watson

All really stood out to me. Draftbreakdown needs more tape on these guys ball all were impressive

Also watched Washington Defense vs Stanford and Oregon. Joe Mathis washington has some of the heaviest hands I have ever seen. The power he exerts when he makes contact with tackles is insane. Very very underrated

Ejifor I like a lot

Lee not so much. Not sure he has the tools to be a good NFL player, but worth a look. Just not real high on him.

Watson is sorta meh to me, decent guy. Might have a shot late.

I like Ryan Janvion a bit their S, but probably goes undrafted.

Guy I REALLY like is a RS FR named Jessie Bates at S, great ball skills and tackling ability/size. Watch out for him in the future.

Ejifor I think could be a very good prospect by next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting Mock for the Broncos. While I don't mind the players just looking at the players who are still on the board I would go a much different direction.

Here are the players I would have drafted just looking at the guys who are left...

1) Malik McDowell, DL, Michigan State. I know he has had a down year but part of that is injury based in my opinion. He just hasn't been quite right all year. The talent is top-5 caliber at a huge position of need. His 2015 season was impressive. There are games where he just looks unblockable. He fits the skill set we look for in DE's and while he might be a bit on the small end at 276 lbs. I think he has the frame to add some weight. This is a bit of a risk/reward type move because some do question a bit of his motor but the Broncos have done well with those players who have dropped down the board a bit for different reasons.

2) Garrett Bolles, OT, Utah. To me this kid could easily find his way into the 1st round so the fact that he doesn't even have him going in the 1st 2 rounds is under selling the talent of this kid. I don't mind Pat Elflein being the pick as he has proven he can play all 3 interior positions at a high level and is a quality run blocking player. Still I would rather go the OT way with a guy that could play the OG position if he needs some time to develop but still has the potential to be the high quality LT or RT for this team. Plus you want to talk about run blocking how about the tackle that Utah ran behind to have their RB averaging what 8 yards a carry in division 1 program?!

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This kid is talented and was mocked to us in walterfootball.

Its a longer highlight. He makes plays at:
0:55
1:45
4:39
14:04

Miami uses two TEs but Njoku is an athletic freak one. The other is a team leader and senior.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not want a TE at #22.

I feel you... but if OJ Howard was the best player on the board I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He is such a dominating run blocker, one of the best run blocking TEs I have scouted... watching him play its no wonder Alabama runs like they do. Almost always running to his side. The way he can push and turn linebackers and defensive ends is like watching an offensive tackle! and he is an amazing athlete in the pass game that is getting better as a route runner.

Add to that, he is a 4.0 student who is already working towards his masters degree. I don't want Njoku or Butt round 1 but if Howard was there, I would be excited to select him.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if for some reason Malik McDowell starts to slip, go get that man Mr. Elway. Jesus he would be a weapon for us.

0:40 look at that stunt with the other DT
2:35 hand technique to slap ot hands away and shoulder dip to get past him. a man that size shouldn't be able to do that
5:28 interior rush, splits 2 defenders with great hand technique then gets downhill quickly to POP kizer
6:04 again great hand technique and explosion to shoot between two blockers and create pressure. qb does a good job stepping up but McDowell was on him

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. OJ Howard TE Bama
2. Dion Dawkins OT Temple
3. Zach Banner OT/OG USC
3ci. Jake Replogle DT/DE Purdue
3cii. Derrick Nnadi DT/NT Florida State

We must build the trenches. Now.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. OJ Howard TE Bama
2. Dion Dawkins OT Temple
3. Zach Banner OT/OG USC
3ci. Jake Replogle DT/DE Purdue
3cii. Derrick Nnadi DT/NT Florida State

We must build the trenches. Now.
Don't know any of those guys but I like the thinking. Need to cut ties with Dennison also.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if for some reason Malik McDowell starts to slip, go get that man Mr. Elway. Jesus he would be a weapon for us.

0:40 look at that stunt with the other DT
2:35 hand technique to slap ot hands away and shoulder dip to get past him. a man that size shouldn't be able to do that
5:28 interior rush, splits 2 defenders with great hand technique then gets downhill quickly to POP kizer
6:04 again great hand technique and explosion to shoot between two blockers and create pressure. qb does a good job stepping up but McDowell was on him

Yeah when I saw how low they had this guy ranked I couldn't believe it. I know he has had a down year but man the potential is off the charts. He wins the leverage battle, fights well with his hands, has incredible short area quickness, decent at locating the ball carrier and making plays. He just looks like a perfect fit with Phililps and what we like to do. I don't see how we could pass on this kid if he were available at our pick.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah when I saw how low they had this guy ranked I couldn't believe it. I know he has had a down year but man the potential is off the charts. He wins the leverage battle, fights well with his hands, has incredible short area quickness, decent at locating the ball carrier and making plays. He just looks like a perfect fit with Phililps and what we like to do. I don't see how we could pass on this kid if he were available at our pick.

ffs if he's within 5 picks toss in a 4th and go get him. maybe even a third. i know the oline needs work but can't be so narrow minded. that's a top 5 talent at a premium position

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ffs if he's within 5 picks toss in a 4th and go get him. maybe even a third. i know the oline needs work but can't be so narrow minded. that's a top 5 talent at a premium position

Agreed. There are very few players I would do a backflip if we drafted but he would be one. Can't pass on such a talent. And we have the extra picks to do it anyway so might as well.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my notes from the games I watched

+ tremendous frame and arm length
+ Versatile to play MANY positions (3, 5, 6, and 7 tech)
+ Good job and using VERY heavy hands and arm length to get inside hand technique on offensive lineman
+ After getting hands on olineman, effectively rips and slips through gap or pushes olineman into backfield pushing pocket
+ Snap anticipation and burst off snap is good to elite given his size
+ Dominates one on one matchups
+ Most dominant man on line of scrimmage every play
- Should not be cast at 0 or 1 tech which MSU has done
- Struggles to disengage from double teams at times
- Tends to have some leverage issues/high pads which can get him shoved off LOS, esp at 0, 1, and 3 tech
- Motor is not always consistent

NFL Comparison: Alien from the Alien Movie Saga/Buck Buchanan
Draft Projection: Top 10 Pick

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard to find a real comparison for him... maybe calais campbell? idk.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my notes from the games I watched

+ tremendous frame and arm length
+ Versatile to play MANY positions (3, 5, 6, and 7 tech)
+ Good job and using VERY heavy hands and arm length to get inside hand technique on offensive lineman
+ After getting hands on olineman, effectively rips and slips through gap or pushes olineman into backfield pushing pocket
+ Snap anticipation and burst off snap is good to elite given his size
+ Dominates one on one matchups
+ Most dominant man on line of scrimmage every play
- Should not be cast at 0 or 1 tech which MSU has done
- Struggles to disengage from double teams at times
- Tends to have some leverage issues/high pads which can get him shoved off LOS, esp at 0, 1, and 3 tech
- Motor is not always consistent

NFL Comparison: Alien from the Alien Movie Saga/Buck Buchanan
Draft Projection: Top 10 Pick
Which games did you watch and where can I go to view them also ? Like to see if I agree with you. :)