• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broadass on Dallas Cowboys.com

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is really full of crap. Must have had orders to talk highly of all the new draft picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read it, but He took Martin in a couple of mocks and said all week we were looking at Lawrence so I'm not surprised. He also has an old school idea on trades. Doesn't necessarily go by draft chart, more a if you want the guy you do what's necessary to get him type of trader.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the one who sold me on Lawrence a few weeks back. Until this year I have always looked aT a DE as DE, not necessarily a RDE or LDE. I kind of see the difference now. Still not sure about a 1 technique and a 3 technique, and really dont know which this team prefers

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the one who sold me on Lawrence a few weeks back. Until this year I have always looked aT a DE as DE, not necessarily a RDE or LDE. I kind of see the difference now. Still not sure about a 1 technique and a 3 technique, and really dont know which this team prefers

Rod prefers a 3 tech, that is why they passed on Floyd last year & was NOT high on Jerrnigan. They feel they can get a 1 tech late in the draft. 3 tech plays with a quick twitch & has pass rush abilities like Melton & Donald. 1 Tech is the Big blob more of a space eater, think Gilbert Brown.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will take some getting used to. Martin looks like a player. Lawrence, I dont know about. He looks good on tape and was one of the higher rated pass rushers. I still think we could have got Hitchens in the 7th round and could have got a potential starter in the 4th round. Hitchens does look to have certain traits, was a safety at one time, so I can understand why they wanted him. The Streets pick really does not make much sense to me.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod prefers a 3 tech, that is why they passed on Floyd last year & was NOT high on Jerrnigan. They feel they can get a 1 tech late in the draft. 3 tech plays with a quick twitch & has pass rush abilities like Melton & Donald. 1 Tech is the Big blob more of a space eater, think Gilbert Brown.

It seems to me that the Cowboys are convinced that Melton is going to be 100%. That is quite a gamble. If he is not healthy we have no pass rush up the middle because we passed on a couple of 3 tech candidates. Caruan Reid would have been a good fit as a 3 tech

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that the Cowboys are convinced that Melton is going to be 100%. That is quite a gamble. If he is not healthy we have no pass rush up the middle because we passed on a couple of 3 tech candidates. Caruan Reid would have been a good fit as a 3 tech

When all know Jerry loves to roll the dice, & he admits that. I can respect him for that. My thing is I dont just like anyone else does if any of these player drafted are going to pan out. I just have NO problem going to get a player you have studied & coveted to fill one of the most important position on your team. I prefer that instead of sitting on your hands hoping for the best....

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all know Jerry loves to roll the dice, & he admits that. I can respect him for that. My thing is I dont just like anyone else does if any of these player drafted are going to pan out. I just have NO problem going to get a player you have studied & coveted to fill one of the most important position on your team. I prefer that instead of sitting on your hands hoping for the best....

That's a great idea if you are a player or two away from being a true contender. This team is not a player away without a whole hell of a lot of luck. I and enough others here have said were fine moving up if you need that player to make a run. What got my ire is we are not a player away and we traded up for a DE who is no bigger than a mouse.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great idea if you are a player or two away from being a true contender. This team is not a player away without a whole hell of a lot of luck. I and enough others here have said were fine moving up if you need that player to make a run. What got my ire is we are not a player away and we traded up for a DE who is no bigger than a mouse.

smart teams build their base of solid players ... then take a chance on a playmaker ....... 8-8 average teams ... take a risk to make headlines .... and try to build their base in the late rounds ....

He wont get it .... Nor will Jerry ....... IGNORANT IS IGNORANT no matter how you flavor it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosselin had a great article about why the Cowboys trade up was a poor move. There was also an interesting comparison about Lawrence

Lawrence had 10.5 sacks playing against the Mountain West conference. Lawrence is 6'3, 251, ran a 4.81
Trent Murphy, who the Redskins took with our pick in the 2nd, had 14.5 sacks last year in the Pac 10. Murphy is 6'5'', 250, ran 4.82

Kony Ealy, our top rated end at 47, had 9.5 sacks in the SEC last year is 6'5'', 274. He ran 4.92 at the combine, but ran 4.6 and 4.57 at his Pro Day.

Ealy had 9.5 sacks against SEC OT's. The caliber talent you face at OT in the SEC this year included Greg Robinson, Jake Matthews, JuWaun James and Cyrus Kouandijio. Can anyone name an OT from the Mountain West without google? How about any OL from the Mountain West?

How many sacks would Larence have had going against 1st round caliber OT's each week? Less than 10.5. How many would Ealy have had against the Mountain West? 15? 18?