• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Satelite camps shut down immediately

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you were also totally against the "Saban rule" too right?
I didn't even know what the Saban rule was until I saw it discussed on here. I really didn't have a problem with it, similarly to how nobody seemed to have a problem with satellite camps when they didn't even realize they were happening.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can keep talking in circles while you dance around the issue but its really just a waste of time. What is the difference between holding camps to help advance the skills of student athletes. And abusing a loophole as a vessel to recruit in other regions?
Maybe if you could type a complete sentence we wouldn't continue talking in circles. I don't have a problem with kids getting a better chance at catching a coach's eye, whether you think those coaches are exploiting a loophole or not.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you could type a complete sentence we wouldn't continue talking in circles. I don't have a problem with kids getting a better chance at catching a coach's eye, whether you think those coaches are exploiting a loophole or not.
Thats not an answer to my

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
queastion. Thats still talking

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in circles and dancing around

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the real issue. In an attempt to justify the abuse of the camps.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm trying to tell you I don't have a fucking clue what you are trying to ask me.
What is the difference between holding a camp to help student athletes. And holding a camp for the purpose of recruiting in other regions? It's not a difficult question

And it will answe whether these camps were being used for the kids or the programs

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No matter what, it looks like Harbaugh is gonna find ways to get into these high schools in other states as often as he can. He's..... weird..... he's ultra competitive, and takes everything as a challenge.... methinks he's gonna get the University of Michigan in big trouble one day.

And if the NCAA blocks him from giving commencement speeches... then he'll probably pull a Forrest Gump, and start mowing the lawns of his targeted high schools.
Cfy0MkSWcAA21HA.jpg

:harbaugh:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what, it looks like Harbaugh is gonna find ways to get into these high schools in other states as often as he can. He's..... weird..... he's ultra competitive, and takes everything as a challenge.... methinks he's gonna get the University of Michigan in big trouble one day.

And if the NCAA blocks him from giving commencement speeches... then he'll probably pull a Forrest Gump, and start mowing the lawns of his targeted high schools.
View attachment 106352

Weren't lawnmowers the cause of the rise of the machines :dhd:

People should be thanking the other P4 conferences for stopping this

terminator_zpseztzwisb.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 106352

I remember when an Alabama coach told the NCAA to go fuck itself.

Didn't work out so hot for us.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the difference between holding a camp to help student athletes. And holding a camp for the purpose of recruiting in other regions? It's not a difficult question

And it will answe whether these camps were being used for the kids or the programs
Have you ever heard the term "mutually beneficial"?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything in recruiting can be called "mutually beneficial".

That's not how the NCAA makes it's rules.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, since there are a limited amount of scholarships available and schools always go to the max amount of scholarships they are allowed - doesn't the addition of 1 guy from a camp mean some other kid just got screwed out of spot?

Was it beneficial for that kid?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mutually beneficial for a school to pay a top tier athlete to play for them
It is mutually beneficial to trade a championship ring for a tattoo
Its mutually beneficial for an athlete to sell autographed memorabilia
Does that make it right to abuse rules?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, since there are a limited amount of scholarships available and schools always go to the max amount of scholarships they are allowed - doesn't the addition of 1 guy from a camp mean some other kid just got screwed out of spot?

Was it beneficial for that kid?
The best kids get the scholarships. More equal opportunity and access to a platform to showcase their talents. Kid A might not be as good as Kid B, but he can afford to travel to several different schools' on campus camps. Meanwhile, Kid B does not have the money to do that, despite being the better football player. In a fair world, who gets the scholarship?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mutually beneficial for a school to pay a top tier athlete to play for them
It is mutually beneficial to trade a championship ring for a tattoo
Its mutually beneficial for an athlete to sell autographed memorabilia
Does that make it right to abuse rules?
Those things all violate the spirit of college athletics, i.e. what separates college from professional. Having better access for kids to showcase their talents does not make them no longer amateurs.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best kids get the scholarships. More equal opportunity and access to a platform to showcase their talents. Kid A might not be as good as Kid B, but he can afford to travel to several different schools' on campus camps. Meanwhile, Kid B does not have the money to do that, despite being the better football player. In a fair world, who gets the scholarship?

You didn't answer the question.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those things all violate the spirit of college athletics, i.e. what separates college from professional. Having better access for kids to showcase their talents does not make them no longer amateurs.
And bending the rules of satellite camps for personal gain of an institution violates the spirit of college athletics. The integrity of the game is based on rules and the rule was made necassary.The abuse of the system is why they are banned. You may thank Harbaugh